A Good Dealer Experience

• Had the infamous (catastrophic) brake failure light come on a couple of weeks back. Got in Sling one morning last week to drive to local (non stellar) dealer and decided to take a cruise up to the next closest dealer 40 minutes away instead. Figured it was just the m/c switches again and I would make an appointment. They plugged it in and agreed the switches need replacing but they also showed me a small leak on the master cylinder. Since I've got extended warranty they had to get approval and ship in a new master cylinder. Got a call yesterday and said come in today for swap out. (That's a surprise down here as the local dealer took several weeks last time I was there for rear bearings) . When new master cylinder installed they couldn't get any pressure out of it. They offered to reinstall my old one or they would drive me home (long drive) and next day the part to install tomorrow. I took the ride.
    The (good) dealer is Destination Powersports in Punta Gorda, FL...They are prompt, very nice people, do what they promise, don't try to wiggle out of warranty work by pointing to unrelated mods like our local dealer and go out of their way to keep you in loop on everything. Wasn't happy to leave without machine but it wasn't their fault and it couldn't have been handled any better. Thought I'd pass this on since our options are limited in this part of the state (next dealer is good but 2 hours further north).

• Had the infamous (catastrophic) brake failure light come on a couple of weeks back. Got in Sling one morning last week to drive to local (non stellar) dealer and decided to take a cruise up to the next closest dealer 40 minutes away instead. Figured it was just the m/c switches again and I would make an appointment. They plugged it in and agreed the switches need replacing but they also showed me a small leak on the master cylinder. Since I've got extended warranty they had to get approval and ship in a new master cylinder. Got a call yesterday and said come in today for swap out. (That's a surprise down here as the local dealer took several weeks last time I was there for rear bearings) . When new master cylinder installed they couldn't get any pressure out of it. They offered to reinstall my old one or they would drive me home (long drive) and next day the part to install tomorrow. I took the ride.
    The (good) dealer is Destination Powersports in Punta Gorda, FL...They are prompt, very nice people, do what they promise, don't try to wiggle out of warranty work by pointing to unrelated mods like our local dealer and go out of their way to keep you in loop on everything. Wasn't happy to leave without machine but it wasn't their fault and it couldn't have been handled any better. Thought I'd pass this on since our options are limited in this part of the state (next dealer is good but 2 hours further north).

Nice to hear, I'm moving to Punta Gorda in a couple years.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Sent from my SM-G935V using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.