Tail fin brake LEDs not working - I have a question......

• The brake LEDs on my tail fin were inop. I checked to see if they were just unplugged, but they were plugged in. The power for them is going through a little box mounted under the fin. I think it's an RFI filter to prevent interference to the radio. If I by-pass it and wire the LEDs directly, they work fine. If I run the power through the RFI filter, the LEDs do not work at all. (Radio receives signal fine and sound fine either way.)

This tells me that the RFI filter is defective.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Will a Polaris dealership order a new RFI Filter for me under warranty and allow me to install it? (I've bought the Slingshot new less than 2 months ago.) Or, will they insist that I drop the Slingshot off to them and they'll get to in in a month or three?

• In my experience regarding warranty matters (although not with my SS - no repair issues so far) some dealerships will let you replace the module and return the old one to them. Others won't. I guess asking your dealership will give you your answer! Good luck!

• My dealership let me replace the radio screen, radio, side panels, and hood panels under warranty myself. Gave them the radio parts o send back to Polaris but not the panels. Polaris wasn't concerned with paying the shipping to get those back and had told them to just trash them. So I kept them.
    Most dealers don't have the room to store vehicles waiting on parts and SHOULD be happy to let you keep it at home. Unless it is a "No Drive, No Sale" recall. However, even when my original SS had the steering recall my dealer still let me keep it at home until the parts came in. For that recall I told them if they saw a red SS drive by twice a day it was not me :D (Even though mine was the only SS within 50 miles at the time.)