4 point Corbeau Harnesses, Sparco, Beard, Tanaka or PRP

• Sweet, lookin good.
    Considering some Pro Armor belts.
    Any thoughts on 2" or 3" widths.

To explain why 2” webbing is more effective than 3” webbing, one needs to look at the shape of the human body. The Iliac Crest is the part of the pelvic bone that sticks out above the hips. 2” webbing fits entirely within that crest, where 3” webbing rides over the tips of the crest. The 3” webbing has less surface area by percentage than the 2” webbing which will cause more bruising on impact as “hot-spots” of force develop where the belt is making contact with the pelvic bone. Since the 2” webbing rides inside the crest it can be worn as much as 1” to 2” tighter and at the same time is more comfortable.
    Since the 2” webbing fits well within the Iliac Crest of the pelvis, it is less likely to slide up above the crest and cause submarining – a condition where the body slides down below the lap belt possibly causing internal organ damage.
    Research shows that the faster the pelvis is captured, the lower the resultant loads on the chest, head, and neck. There is no difference in the strength of the 2” webbing. All webbing (2” or 3”) must meet the same load tests.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Swapped out the PRP TONIGHT for Schroth DOT approved. Sending the PRPs to @Travis
    - the yellow logo was covered with black seat belt covers.

@Irobbi - I am curios if they gave you any documentation on the DOT for those belts. When I was researching and ordering mine they were very specific that it had to have the big round button with Push clearly visible in red. Now mind you I could very well have been snookered by the sales guy because I spent a fortune on these belts. I am just wondering if there was another option like yours that would work. Thanks in advance for the help - below is what I bought

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• When I spoke with Schroth through email they said that all 3 of their Rallye belts are DOT approved even though the site only shows that 2 of them are. The red button on the belts that we have is on the right shoulder lower strap. It is very visible when connected up just like a factory OEM red button. I have the paperwork in the glove-box in case I ever get questioned by the police.

Although they were not available in Silver ;(

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

Edited once, last by WraithSS ().

• One of the reasons I went with the NRG, besides the fact that they match my pedals, steering wheel & e-brake handle, is the shoulder straps are not sewn to the lap belts.
    Everything buckles into one point. This way if I don't feel like wearing the 4 points and just want to wear the stock seatbelt, say for a 2 minute ride to the store, I can tuck the lap belts between the seats and pull the shoulder straps back through the headrests and let them hang straight down behind the seats.
    With them sewn together you would have to sit on them which would be very uncomfortable or drape them over the side and console and risk scratching the paint.

• To explain why 2” webbing is more effective than 3” webbing, one needs to look at the shape of the human body. The Iliac Crest is the part of the pelvic bone that sticks out above the hips. 2” webbing fits entirely within that crest, where 3” webbing rides over the tips of the crest. The 3” webbing has less surface area by percentage than the 2” webbing which will cause more bruising on impact as “hot-spots” of force develop where the belt is making contact with the pelvic bone. Since the 2” webbing rides inside the crest it can be worn as much as 1” to 2” tighter and at the same time is more comfortable.Since the 2” webbing fits well within the Iliac Crest of the pelvis, it is less likely to slide up above the crest and cause submarining – a condition where the body slides down below the lap belt possibly causing internal organ damage.
    Research shows that the faster the pelvis is captured, the lower the resultant loads on the chest, head, and neck. There is no difference in the strength of the 2” webbing. All webbing (2” or 3”) must meet the same load tests.

Wraith, thanks alot for the detailed info, much appreciated :thumbup:
    Helps out in making a informed decision, thanks

• Wraith, thanks alot for the detailed info, much appreciated
    Helps out in making a informed decision, thanks

No problem....the info provided is referring to lap belt sizing mostly. So, the shoulder belt size is up to what is comfortable to the rider. If you have a larger neck I would recommend 2" shoulder belts as well. A neck burn from a harness belt is no fun and leaves a scar.....trust me.

• When I spoke with Schroth through email they said that all 3 of their Rallye belts are DOT approved even though the site only shows that 2 of them are. The red button on the belts that we have is on the right shoulder lower strap. It is very visible when connected up just like a factory OEM red button. I have the paperwork in the glove-box in case I ever get questioned by the police.

Although they were not available in Silver ;(

Guess I got snookered for the extra $$$$$ - don't you just hate salesman sometime - na all the times....

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• With all the research I did on the Internet
    ( the Internet is never wrong)
    A 4 point harness is not recommended at all
    Due to possible submarining.
    A 4 point can and will slide up and your beer belly and liver is not as strong as your pelvis
    The crotch strap will prevent that.