My first week with the Slingshot

• I picked up the slingshot last Friday. I have been pulled over twice, gotten asked at least twice how much mpg I get, a few times kids asked to see it and have had more conversations at lights in 7 days than at urinals in the last year. Oh and my check engine light came on today and I think I smell burning,,,

Got pulled over for not wearing a helmet crossing over from CT to NY. I live right over the border. We are a small town and there are never cops there but my neighbor killed his whole family and himself and I think they need to raise some funds for the investigation... (stuff like that never happens in my town). I don't have my motorcycle license yet either, just a permit so I got off easy with a warning about the helmets which were in the trunk or whatever those things are called.

I got stopped by a cop in CT. Asked me if I knew why. I had no clue. He said perhaps it was a figment of his imagination that I was on a cell phone. It was since it was my wife on the cell phone. He stuttered, ran my license and let me go. Not sure how that was legal. Maybe I should install a camera if I'm going to be a magnet?

Need to get an inspection. Was going to do so today as my temporary expires early next week. Except my check engine light came on. Maybe eighty miles later I smell burning. Couldn't tell if it was me or the car in front of me. Now I have to get that checked out.

I drove it through some rough neighborhoods. Everyone yells at you asking for a ride. Is my helmet bullet proof? Are there batmobile attachments for this? I've made a lot of new friends along the way. Not wanted friends. Lol.

• @Locapacow, if you have a check engine light, you should have a code.

Find out what the code is & post it - we can tell you what it is & maybe offer some assistance...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I've only been pulled over once so far (link)... BUT, I do press my luck A LOT! :evil:

Things to consider:
    > Carrying a gun
    > Painting your sling TURBO SILVER (cops can't catch it because it's the fastest)
    > A slingshotinfo.com sticker (or two) <~ cause we all need some good ju-ju when riding
    > Black tape to cover the check engine light

In all seriousness, get a Ram Mount for your cell ~> flip it around when you get snagged by LEO and start recording (it's the most discreet). :thumbup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• There - fixed it for ya'... :P:thumbsup:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• How does carrying a gun help? I have bad luck. I'm totally going to get shot.

Since he said he saw me through the reflection of the tiny side mirrors, I think perhaps I should just remove the mirrors.

• Got mine in Feb 2015...55,000 miles and loving it more every day...

I live in a community of about 25,000 and have somebody asking question every time I'm out --- which is almost daily.

Enjoy and welcome to the World of Slingshot Insanity.

Well you finally passed me on the mileage. Only because mine has been broke since 7 - 28 - 2017. :D

• I drove it. It went off. Came back. Went off. Then I went to get the code to post. Drove it for 3 miles before it Came back. Turned around. Along the way Then the master warning symbol started blinking. Stopped. Turned off SS. Turned back on. Check engine light still there. Master warning symbol Gone.

• I drove it. It went off. Came back. Went off. Then I went to get the code to post. Drove it for 3 miles before it Came back. Turned around. Along the way Then the master warning symbol started blinking. Stopped. Turned off SS. Turned back on. Check engine light still there. Master warning symbol Gone.

It's possessed. You should give it away. I'll help you fix that. :D

Check your battery cables and frame ground .....

No...... seriously..check your cables ......

Its the most skipped "dealer prep" item and freaks out the ECU so it throws all kinds of weird codes due to voltage irregularities ....

...... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• battery cables? Frame ground? Is that like my phone charging cable? And my frame isn't on the ground. It's on wheels.

I assume the battery connection itself? And where is the frame ground? I'm not great at this stuff.