Tires...what are you running?

• I just recently bought some new tires, and painstakingly searched several forums for feedback. So I thought I'd start this thread in an effort to make the search a little easier for ss owners. Just name your tire and any thoughts/experiences you've had.

Nitto 555. Great tires...pros: soft feel, responsive, inexpensive. Con: not the best wet traction, limited treadlife at the rear, but the fronts have held well. Have gotten about 5k miles per tire from the rear.

Just picked up 3 new continental extreme contact dw's. Purchased these for superior wet traction, soft feel, quietness and low cost. Haven't run them yet.

• Thx for posting..I'm interested in responses also as I'm currently looking to replace the OEMs. I'd like to get a better tire for wet conditions. So far I'm leaning toward the BFG Sport Comp 2 (the summer compound not the A/S). I'll be doing stock SL sizes.

• Thx for posting..I'm interested in responses also as I'm currently looking to replace the OEMs. I'd like to get a better tire for wet conditions. So far I'm leaning toward the BFG Sport Comp 2 (the summer compound not the A/S). I'll be doing stock SL sizes.

I was trying to accommodate some specific aftermarket rims..I looked into the

Continental extremecontact dw
    Hankook Ventus v12 evo2
    Michelin pilot super sport
    Toyo proxys r888
    Nitto invo

• Running Advan AD08 for road and Toyo R888 for track.

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• I was a big fan boy of the Pilots while in europe but at speeds triple what is allowed here.

Right now I'm running that elite, little known manufacturer "Kinda" (shusshhh!). Pros and cons?

Pros:
    Good Looks
    Breaks away smoothly at very safe speeds
    Limited traction allows a decreased interest in "street racing" - much safer
    Road feel is in line with "The little Red Wagon" we all know how familiar that is...
    Lack of any cold weather capability keeps riders "Safe and warm"
    Outstanding Hydroplaning trainning tool!
    Road noise allows "blind" accessment of road speed.
    CHEAP!
    Did I say cheap?

Cons:
    NONE!

Home of the free - because of the brave

• I just recently bought some new tires, and painstakingly searched several forums for feedback. So I thought I'd start this thread in an effort to make the search a little easier for ss owners. Just name your tire and any thoughts/experiences you've had.

Nitto 555. Great tires...pros: soft feel, responsive, inexpensive. Con: not the best wet traction, limited treadlife at the rear, but the fronts have held well. Have gotten about 5k miles per tire from the rear.

Just picked up 3 new continental extreme contact dw's. Purchased these for superior wet traction, soft feel, quietness and low cost. Haven't run them yet.

I have the Conti's EC on my SS...I have 7k on them. Mind you I'm not doing donuts though...

• Hmmm, is the consensus NOT to go to a different tire if all you're looking for is better wet road handling?? I get that with the minimal rear tire weight and only one shoe out back that it's not exactly a Porsche on a slalom course but I was hoping for some improvement.

• Great thread, I've been looking into tires as well...specifically I'm looking for sticky over durability (if I get several thousand miles I'll be happy), don't need for wet or cold conditions...thoughts?

Supporter H&P Animal Alliance

• I took @kenny_h to his word. My Sumitomo HTR Z II will be delivered today. On the rear I have run a Bridgestone that went quickly and Hankook Venus which has lasted about 7K. The Hankook has had good reliable traction that is easy to control when in breaks away.

• the problem with wet performance is this:
    Most guys want to get a larger rear tire for added grip, but this goes the other way in the wet. You can't have best of both. So of course if you run a 315 in the rear, I don't care what brand or thread, its gonna suck.

Double with 300hp and a turbo.

You want good wet traction, go slim. Dry traction, large. Stock size is good compromise, can't have both.

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• Check out the reviews below on our OEM tires. Chart is based on 50 reviews and 400,000+ miles. Only 47% given for wet conditions. If our Kendas stink on normal cars they can't be good (wet) on our compromised design. The reviews I see on good tires are in the low 90s for wet.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Kenda/KAISER-KR20.htm

I always trust my ass. No other ass matters!

Home of the free - because of the brave