Where you adjust your hood

• There have been a few people that have asked me how to adjust the hood so that it shuts smooth. I have seen people play with the latches and as I told them that won't help anything. Basically your just making a poorly shutting hood match with the strike point.

First thing you need to do is remove the hood strut if you have added one until your done adjusting . This will cause it to push the hood crooked when you loosen the two bolts on each side.

The way I do it is to pop the latches and raise the hood to the slightly open position. Your hood will be laying loosly on top of the latches. Now loosen the two bolts on each side above the bolts that hold the front spoiler on. I would say 4 turns of each bolt should be enough. (Picture below). Then walk to both sides and grab the side wing of the hood and gently shake it while pushing whichever way you want the gap to move.

The gap I care most about is the gap between the hood and the windshield. You may also want to make sure the gap where the side wing meets the a pillar plastic is perfect. Once you get it like you want it. Just snug up the 4 bolts and raise and lower the hood gently to make sure nothing is hitting. If it's clear then raise it and let it drop and shut. If you like all the gaps then tighten those 4 bolts up.

Another thing you may want to adjust is the front spoiler. Those are the 4 bolts on each side right below the 2 bolts used to adjust the hood. .

• Wow!! Great write-up @rabtech!!! Could help some members with hood latching, and unlatching, issues finally get them to work properly!!! Thanks!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• My hood has closed great from purchase.......but....doing some maintenance I decided to grease the latches, you know because there is a spring an its a moving part. Wrong....the next lift after grease stuck hood. Took me a while to get it open, cleaned grease off WD40 and back to normal. Just FYI.

• Mine opened and closed perfectly until I decided to remove it to install a few things. Ever since it has become a real pain in the ass. I'm going to do some adjusting this week and hopefully get it back to where it was previously. All I removed were the 4 Allen headed bolts. I'll have you look at it this week if I can't get it right.

Stephen

• My hood has closed great from purchase.......but....doing some maintenance I decided to grease the latches, you know because there is a spring an its a moving part. Wrong....the next lift after grease stuck hood. Took me a while to get it open, cleaned grease off WD40 and back to normal. Just FYI.

I use white Lube - works very well - sometimes I have issues with one side getting hung up but not always so I have yet to figure out what's up

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!