Loose bolts and nuts

• Yep....happened to us as well. Definitely an "OH SHIT!!!!" moment!! 8|
    The air flow across the hood creates enough lift that around 45-50 mph the hood will be raised and block your line of sight. Now, every time I close the hood I also push down on the hood, over the area of each hood latch. Simply letting the hood drop from a good height is not always enough to ensure all the latches engaged every time!!!

I've definitely learned from that and also never trust someone when they give you the keys and say here you go its ready to go.

RNJ12

• I would have never expected it to come up because of the wind coming across the hood. So is that from the wind coming up under the fenders....we need vents..

• It's mainly from a low pressure area that is created at highway speed. And Yes, the air from the fenders does help raise it.

Want to have some fun and see where the air is moving???? Get a "small" box of packing peanuts.

(Get the biodegradable ones cause this is going to get messy)

Dont open the box yet. Put it in the passenger floorboard. Now take off and get up to 55mph. You may need some help by a passenger. Open the box and watch the peanuts fly. NOW increase speed to 75mph and do it again. Depending on how tall your windshield is you will be surprised what happens.

I was running somewhere around 90mph and I had a microfiber towel that I left tucked in the cup holder and it managed to come loose and it raised up in the air and was about to get sucked out (i thought) when all of a sudden it went forward and hit my radio screen.