Ride Command in Slingshot

• You all think that Polaris Ride Command will ever make it into the Slingshot? Wish they had navigation as a standard option. Hate to pay 25k for one and turn around and have to put another few hundred or so in for a new stereo. Be nice having carplay as an option though and probably best to do that in the end anyway with putting in another stereo or start off with the base model slingshot and customize. I'd like to get the Midnight Cherry edition though. Be curious what the 2018 models will have. I'm not a Polaris fan as I question their build quality and see the same constant recalls with the slingshot, so a little worried about that and almost stopping me from purchasing one. Sadly, I still want one....lol

• Seems to be some rationalization going on there for not buying. The fact that you posted on a predominately owners website probably means you want us to talk you into it.
    2 concerns you addressed were options you'd like to see and recalls. As far as options, the stock options are limited ( in many cases by legal weight limits for motorcycles) and what are offered ( especially electronics ) are inferior and overpriced. If you read through the site or go to a SS get together you quickly find out that these are the most aftermarket optioned out vehicles. Best way to get what you want is to buy a base model and then use the savings to option out to your liking.
    As far as recalls those are mostly just a hassle as the cost is on Polaris and not you. 2 year warranty is fairly inclusive and the 5 year is fairly inexpensive.
    There are many multiple toy owners that own Slings and the general consensus is that this is the best bang for the buck toy with the most fun factor and head turning ability. Good luck in your decision.

• You all think that Polaris Ride Command will ever make it into the Slingshot? Wish they had navigation as a standard option. Hate to pay 25k for one and turn around and have to put another few hundred or so in for a new stereo. Be nice having carplay as an option though and probably best to do that in the end anyway with putting in another stereo or start off with the base model slingshot and customize. I'd like to get the Midnight Cherry edition though. Be curious what the 2018 models will have. I'm not a Polaris fan as I question their build quality and see the same constant recalls with the slingshot, so a little worried about that and almost stopping me from purchasing one. Sadly, I still want one....lol

While sure, the SS does have some issues with build quality... (but for those who enjoy modding, it's not an issue). Doesn't matter what year model you buy either, they are all fun and engaging out of the box!

Regarding your question on Ride Command... I can see them offering a conversion kit for those who've already purchased an SS and having it as a feature/option for newer models. Polaris has invested a TON in the Ride Command ecosystem and it only makes sense for them to make it available.

Heck, they already have it for Indian Motorcycles! :thumbup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• While sure, the SS does have some issues with build quality... (but for those who enjoy modding, it's not an issue). Doesn't matter what year model you buy either, they are all fun and engaging out of the box!
    Regarding your question on Ride Command... I can see them offering a conversion kit for those who've already purchased an SS and having it as a feature/option for newer models. Polaris has invested a TON in the Ride Command ecosystem and it only makes sense for them to make it available.

Heck, they already have it for Indian Motorcycles! :thumbup:

I was expecting to see it in the 2017 model Slingshot. Was surprised it didn't make it in this years model. Betting the 2018 model will have it and wondering if anyone heard any rumors or anything. Hopefully in all models but the base model and not just the SLR.