Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Obama surely boosted gun and ammo stocks. The guy at the Sporting goods store told me that the Remington Rep. said that Remington was running three shifts, pumping out ammo 24/7 Seven days a week during that period.

I would have "liked" your post, but I'm not a fan of negative blanket statements that include ALL members of any group("rednecks" in this case). Most groups and sub-groups are mostly great people, with exception for hate groups and terrorist organizations(which are hate groups...so).;)

That was not all he did. I have the real numbers somewhere. Concealed Carry permits in South Carolina went from like 50,000 to I think it was over 200,000 in Obama's first year. I do not keep up with that anymore but the last time I checked, concealed carry permit issue's were still breaking records every month.

• Obama surely boosted gun and ammo stocks. The guy at the Sporting goods store told me that the Remington Rep. said that Remington was running three shifts, pumping out ammo 24/7 Seven days a week during that period.

I would have "liked" your post, but I'm not a fan of negative blanket statements that include ALL members of any group("rednecks" in this case). Most groups and sub-groups are mostly great people, with exception for hate groups and terrorist organizations(which are hate groups...so).;)

Well maybe their not rednecks but when they do things like that I tend to think they are rather spineless.

If you ever make it down to coonass land I’ll take you back in the swamp and introduce you to some ole boys that make cavemen look enlightened but are the best bunch of guys you would would ever want to meet. Not a political bone in their body and you would get along with em great - but don’t go by yourself :00008172:they tend to be kinda clan oriented!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• If you ever make it down to coonass land I’ll take you back in the swamp and introduce you to some ole boys that make cavemen look enlightened but are the best bunch of guys you would would ever want to meet. Not a political bone in their body and you would get along with em great - but don’t go by yourself :00008172:they tend to be kinda clan oriented!!

I tend to get along with people from all cultures, nationalities, religions...i approach everyone as a long time friend, until they prove to be an asshole, then I politely leave them to themselves. I have found that if you don't approach people with a preconceived idea of who they are, based on appearance, most people are good folks that you can drink a beer with and have plenty of common experiences to talk about.

• I tend to get along with people from all cultures, nationalities, religion and even Canadians ...i approach everyone as a long time friend, until they prove to be an asshole, then I politely leave them to themselves. I have found that if you don't approach people with a preconceived idea of who they are, based on appearance, most people are good folks that you can drink a beer with and have plenty of common experiences to talk about.

fixed it for ya :00008356:

• I tend to get along with people from all cultures, nationalities, religions...i approach everyone as a long time friend, until they prove to be an asshole, then I politely leave them to themselves. I have found that if you don't approach people with a preconceived idea of who they are, based on appearance, most people are good folks that you can drink a beer with and have plenty of common experiences to talk about.

That is usually the case, HOWEVER, my Dad was a hillbilly and my Mom was a coonass. I learned early that there are certain hollers in KY and swamps in LA you do not go in without an introduction - once introduced you will be treated better than family!!

• That is usually the case, HOWEVER, my Dad was a hillbilly and my Mom was a coonass. I learned early that there are certain hollers in KY and swamps in LA you do not go in without an introduction - once introduced you will be treated better than family!!

Understandable, I'm familiar with such places. Though, me being me, I probably wouldn't go there without an invite in the first place. I may meet them for the first time at a local bar the night before and happen to get an invite.:)

• That is usually the case, HOWEVER, my Dad was a hillbilly and my Mom was a coonass. I learned early that there are certain hollers in KY and swamps in LA you do not go in without an introduction - once introduced you will be treated better than family!!

Damn! You and Wolf are good ol boys... No wonder you get along so well. :)

• If you ever make it down to coonass land I’ll take you back in the swamp and introduce you to some ole boys that make cavemen look enlightened but are the best bunch of guys you would would ever want to meet. Not a political bone in their body and you would get along with em great - but don’t go by yourself :00008172:they tend to be kinda clan oriented!!

Sounds like Texas hill country people...

• Damn! You and Wolf are good ol boys... No wonder you get along so well. :)

Bill and I met a few times at Slingshots in the Smokies. He is a Good, Old, Boy.;)

I'm a good, oldish(46) boy. I'm more old city boy than old country boy. I grew up listening to Run DMC, Eric B and Rakim, Young M.C., NWA, Onyx, Mint Condition, (Tony, Toni, Tone), Keith Sweat, Babyface, Al Greene, Poison, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd... I'm just a Philadelphia Eagles fan from various suburbs outside Detroit, Michigan that you will rarely see without a baseball cap except in my house and at funerals and weddings.

My pants, and the fact that I have them still('93-'94 they are old) and occasionally where them still, should speak to my city boy life. :)

In High School you didn't scuff people's E-Wing Adidas. I wore Girbaud, Z Cavericci, Get Used pants and Skidz bibs with one strap off the shoulder. The coolest kids could break dance well and had big boom boxes they played in the hall and at the playground. I was involved in the neon hats phase also with Oakley and Gargoyle sunglasses. In 93-98 I had my all dark green outfit, all dark blue outfit and a U of M tiger print hoody that went sweet with those pants in the pic, Michigan hat to top it off.:)

I do know country well also.

Woods

And Club

My friends actually threw a Matt(me) Day party on some random day last year. Surprised the crap out of me. Who does that? I didn't feel I deserved nor did I want the attention. It was greatly appreciated, and let me know how my friends feel about me. Nobody I know has ever gotten a "NAME Day" party. They even made books.

It celebrated my inaccurate names for all things golf.:)

Edited 5 times, last by WOLF ().

• I grew up listening to Run DMC, Eric B and Rakim, Young M.C., NWA, Onyx, Mint Condition, (Tony, Toni, Tone), Keith Sweat, Babyface,”

THAT EXPLAINS A LOT :00008172::00008172:can’t believe Ted Nugent wasn’t on your playlist being from the Detroit area. We are kinda polar opposites in some ways. I wore 3 pc suits, Ferragamo loafers and silk ties for 31 years until I took down my shingle in 2013. The day after ALL my suits, ties, dress shoes, French cuff shirts went to the Good Will vowing to never put on another suit and tie. During the work years my buddies used to tease me about being Superman - after work I dash into a closet and off comes Lawyer Bill - on goes on Biker Bill 😂. During that time I learned a very important quality that I value most. I was able to talk to Senators, CEOs and some of the smartest lawyers in the country and, by the same token) I could talk to street people, caveman bikers and the entire spectrum between the 2 groups. Now for the trick I learned - you have to be able to talk to folks on their level - don’t try to talk above or below anybody. If you don’t do it correctly the Senator will think your a dumbass and the hobo will think your a stuck up arrogant asshole. WOLF - we debate back and forth but at our roots we both want the best thing for our country - we just disagree on how to accomplish that end. We been going at it since the 2016 election over first one thing then another. During that time we have NEVER name called or insulted each other in any way (I know I feel that way - hope you do too). Even though we differ politically I consider you a friend and if I’m ever in the Detroit area it wouldn’t be a trip without a ribeye (you ain’t no fuckin vegetarian are ya ??!😂😂) and a few glasses of fine Kentucky bourbon. If your ever passin thru coonass land and don’t stop and see us you will be in deep shit !! Finally - isn’t it amazing how this Slingsot thing brought so many of us together from all over the country with whom we would otherwise never have met and allowed us to form life long friendships - ain’t America the best place in the world to live ??? !!!

• I grew up listening to Run DMC, Eric B and Rakim, Young M.C., NWA, Onyx, Mint Condition, (Tony, Toni, Tone), Keith Sweat, Babyface,”

THAT EXPLAINS A LOT :00008172::00008172:can’t believe Ted Nugent wasn’t on your playlist being from the Detroit area. We are kinda polar opposites in some ways. I wore 3 pc suits, Ferragamo loafers and silk ties for 31 years until I took down my shingle in 2013. The day after ALL my suits, ties, dress shoes, French cuff shirts went to the Good Will vowing to never put on another suit and tie. During the work years my buddies used to tease me about being Superman - after work I dash into a closet and off comes Lawyer Bill - on goes on Biker Bill 😂. During that time I learned a very important quality that I value most. I was able to talk to Senators, CEOs and some of the smartest lawyers in the country and, by the same token) I could talk to street people, caveman bikers and the entire spectrum between the 2 groups. Now for the trick I learned - you have to be able to talk to folks on their level - don’t try to talk above or below anybody. If you don’t do it correctly the Senator will think your a dumbass and the hobo will think your a stuck up arrogant asshole. WOLF - we debate back and forth but at our roots we both want the best thing for our country - we just disagree on how to accomplish that end. We been going at it since the 2016 election over first one thing then another. During that time we have NEVER name called or insulted each other in any way (I know I feel that way - hope you do too). Even though we differ politically I consider you a friend and if I’m ever in the Detroit area it wouldn’t be a trip without a ribeye (you ain’t no fuckin vegetarian are ya ??!😂😂) and a few glasses of fine Kentucky bourbon. If your ever passin thru coonass land and don’t stop and see us you will be in deep shit !! Finally - isn’t it amazing how this Slingsot thing brought so many of us together from all over the country with whom we would otherwise never have met and allowed us to form life long friendships - ain’t America the best place in the world to live ??? !!!

My best friend liked all my previous listening preferences and Ted Nugent, Metallica, AC/DC and the like. I only liked "Fred Bear" from Nugent and "One" from Metallica back then. The rest was too heavy for me. I did go through a, "my dog ran away, my women left me", country music phase back when Shania Twain, Clint Black and Garth Brooks were popular.

I wear suits to weddings and funerals and the rare occasion when I go to church. I went to church for my first 20 years of life. The text book hasn't changed which means I at least have a doctorates degree.^^

I feel the same way as you about our interactions Bill. All friendly and fun. Don't worry, I'm not a vegetarian. I also have an open door for you should you make it to Detroit. I will also be sure to give you a heads up when I ever pass through coonass land.:) I am mainly a beer drinker my favorites are Sam Adams Boston Lager and Cherry Wheat also Ayinger Oktoberfest and Celebrator. I did pick up some "Screwball" peanut butter whiskey that I look forward to tapping when my Whiskey loving friend comes by. I figure if I don't like it, he can take it home.:)