Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I truly like what Trump has done so far and how he has fulfilled probably 70% of his campaign promises which is leaps and bounds above countless previous presidents. I think he was rather stoic tonight in reverence for being in the oval office. I can and do respect that however I like Trump more in the free flowing “stick in your eye” press conference.

Chuck and NANCY looked like two school kids who did not want to give up their perceived front of the line position. The podium was too small and they acted like two children on a road trip where you dare not go 1 cm over the middle line of “my seat”. Totally sophomoric and immature from where I sat. The fact that they both had to be there sharing that tiny podium I think is very telling about the power struggle within the Democratic Party. All politicians want power however Chuck and NANCY are hanging on with white knuckles. Where is the Democrat bench? Why not give some young upstart some FaceTime? Oh yeah that’s right, they tried that with Kennedy and we all know what happened there . Pass the Chapstick. When these two are gone they will be like lee Lacocca of Chrysler. They don’t/won’t give a shit how they leave things just as long as they are perceived in a good light.

Sad state of affairs but somethings going to have to give. It should be interesting to see how that transpires.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• AS I was going into the DMV for my license when we moved, I met a guy who was walking out from there. he said that he hoped I didn't have any plans for the rest of the day since he has been there for 4 hours waiting in line with all the illegals getting their licenses. I turned around and went home. I put on my I.N.S t-shirt and went back there and no sooner had I got inside the building, there was a stamped of people running outside. That was the best $15.00 purchase I EVER made on eBay

I have the US Border Patrol ball cap and it works the same way

• I truly like what Trump has done so far and how he has fulfilled probably 70% of his campaign promises which is leaps and bounds above countless previous presidents. I think he was rather stoic tonight in reverence for being in the oval office. I can and do respect that however I like Trump more in the free flowing “stick in your eye” press conference.

Chuck and NANCY looked like two school kids who did not want to give up their perceived front of the line position. The podium was too small and they acted like two children on a road trip where you dare not go 1 cm over the middle line of “my seat”. Totally sophomoric and immature from where I sat. The fact that they both had to be there sharing that tiny podium I think is very telling about the power struggle within the Democratic Party. All politicians want power however Chuck and NANCY are hanging on with white knuckles. Where is the Democrat bench? Why not give some young upstart some FaceTime? Oh yeah that’s right, they tried that with Kennedy and we all know what happened there . Pass the Chapstick. When these two are gone they will be like lee Lacocca of Chrysler. They don’t/won’t give a shit how they leave things just as long as they are perceived in a good light.

Sad state of affairs but somethings going to have to give. It should be interesting to see how that transpires.

I think we are seeing the downfall of the democratic party and they have no one to blame but themselves

• So, the Republicans and Democrats agree to a deal. Trump verbally agrees, is called out for caving on Fox News, reverses his verbal agreement and demands all of the Wall money now or 400k federal employees will stop getting paid, some forced to work for no pay and another 400k federal employees will get paid after he gets his the Wall money.

The Dems take control of the House and say, "here is the deal we all, President Trump included, agreed on. Sign it like you said you would and we can talk about your wall. Trump stands defiantly saying my word is for shit, you know I'm a liar that can't be trusted and can easily be manipulated by Fox News, "I'm not signing anything until the wall is funded".

Sounds like the Dems are the Assholes to me too, not.:rolleyes:

see this is here I believe you are wrong - - Trump didnt reverse his verbal agreement because Fox called him out

First it was never a "deal" it was only an idea that he floated and when he did float this idea, it wasnt Fox that called him out - - Fox simply reported the outrage that they were hearing from the people who are his base

Trump is standing up for what the people who elected him want - - - - you may not like it, but the vast majority of people who voted for him do

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• FunCycle

I think we are seeing the downfall of the democratic party and they have no one to blame but themselves

This is definitely not our parents Democrat party. Trump has captured all the blue dogs whom I totally respected for their positions.

Steel workers, coal miners, and the list goes on. Blue-collar workers are scratching their heads and wondering where the hell the Democrats are going. One thing is for sure the former are not marching with the latter.

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• I think you guys have hit it on the head. What in the world would FDR, JFK, LBJ say if they could come back from the dead and see what their party has become. Not Kennedy saying

But Ocasio Cortez saying:

LETS TAX YOU AT 70% AND GIVE YOUR MONEY TO YOUR COUNTRY SO WE CAN HAVE NO BORDERS AND TAKE CARE OF EVERYBODY!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• One last thought on who is responsible for this shut down - - We all know that right now the Democrats want to blame Trump and the Republicans for this, But lets look at some facts.

Congress - the House to be specific did pass a bill that did include the funding for the wall, and that bill was sent to the Senate where with the help of the Vice President it received the majority support it needed to be considered by the floor

The only reason why that bill stopped at that point is because the minority - the Democrats would not support it - it passed the house and it received a majority in the Senate and Trump would have signed it and there would not be a shutdown right now if at that point the Democrats had given it the votes it needed to get 60 votes

Trump made a campaign promise, His base, the people who got him elected expect him to keep that promise. The Democrats have gone out of their way to try to keep him from being able to follow through on that promise even though in the past those same democrats supported that exact same promise

Yea - - I think it is fair to put the blame for the shut down squarely at the feet of the Democrats - they may not have been the party in power, but they did use every pit of power they had to stop a bill that would have kept the government open and they refused to support it for purely political reasons.

• OK, all I find when searching for Democrats supporting a Wall is references to 2006 fence bill.

Is that where you guys are getting it from or do you have new stuff?

Saying ok to 700 miles of fencing (originally double fencing, downgraded to single fence) shouldn't make you two faced if you don't think another 1000 miles is needed.

If you went to the town's only dentist and allowed him to do two root canals w/silver fillings(fencing) because you felt pain in those teeth. Then a year later the dentist demands you allow him to do 3 more root canals w/gold fillings(metal slat walls) because he thinks you'll need them in the future. You explain you feel no pain in those teeth and it would be a waste of money to do work on teeth that don't need it and you won't pay for it and you refuse to let him do anything to those teeth.

Is, "You agreed to the other two, you just don't want the other three because you hate dentists" a valid argument to make?

• Id say dentistry isn’t circumventing the law like illegal immigration. Explain to me again how the Democrats want to give away 54 billion in foreign aid but 5 billion for border protection is bad - you been drinkin double shots of Democratic Kool Aid - the Dems, along with you, just don’t like Trump and hate to see him have ANOTHER big win !!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Id say dentistry isn’t circumventing the law like illegal immigration. Explain to me again how the Democrats want to give away 54 billion in foreign aid but 5 billion for border protection is bad - you been drinkin double shots of Democratic Kool Aid - the Dems, along with you, just don’t like Trump and hate to see him have ANOTHER big win !!!

I used dentistry as an analogy, in relation to "The Dems were for the wall and now they aren't just because they don't want to give Trump a win". Please read it again with that in mind as you missed the point the first time.

I never said all that foreign aid was a ok, I never said it was bad either. I would have to see case by case with reasoning and objectives to formulate an opinion on any of that. I don't agree or disagree, like or dislike things based on which party supports it. Too many people do that and they are the problem. You will all fail to lump me into a party. :*

• I think you guys have hit it on the head. What in the world would FDR, JFK, LBJ say if they could come back from the dead and see what their party has become. Not Kennedy saying

But Ocasio Cortez saying:

LETS TAX YOU AT 70% AND GIVE YOUR MONEY TO YOUR COUNTRY SO WE CAN HAVE NO BORDERS AND TAKE CARE OF EVERYBODY!

Let’s not forget that the highest marginal tax rate prior to Kennedy was 90% that’s right 90%! Kennedy brought it down to 70 and we all know what happened after Reagan dropped it down in the 30s. Facts are a bitch to get around .

• At this point I think it would be much less politically damaging for the Democrats if they allow the funding than it would be for Trump if he caves.

seriously - The Democrat leadership can come up with a dozen reasons that their base will accept - - Trumps base - - - - not so much