Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Health care is and has always been "privatized". The only difference now is that the government makes you buy it and doesn't allow you to pick your coverage.
    The ACA has not done anything it was promised to do. It just made the problems occur faster than free market.

Not sure I agree with that Red, but it's just an opinion. I think the ACA has just become a political pin cushion for the republicans to say "see". I personally have only seen increases before and after. Draw a line in the increases and it's basically a straight line FOR ME. I think our politics are terrible where you don't have political parties that can get along and get things done and all it is is a them v/ us. Sad really.

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• Like everyone else I have seen my health cost go up and up. One of the thinks I work on and helped accomplish while I was in my union was to keep the retirees in the same pool as the actives. That coursed their costs to go up a little but dropped our retirees cost dramatically. We had some who were paying 2k a month for health insurance because the pool they were restricted to was only retirees. When we moved them back into the pool with the active members it dropped their cost to about $200 a month. The actives only went up about $20 a month. It is a political fight every year. So far the city,which supplements the actives cost, hasn’t really pushed to kick us out. If they do, health care will become something I may not be able to afford, or I may have to go back to work till I hit 65 and can get Medicare.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Info

• All I'm saying is what do we DO about it. We all see the end is coming. There WILL be a time in which we can't afford it. I'm doing my thing and protecting my family by making sure I'm on the top of the pile. That sounds terrible, but what options do I have really? Until we are ready to stop just throwing up our hands and saying health care isn't in the constitution, it's NOT going to get fixed as the powers that be don't have any incentive to fix it. On the contrary, they have incentives to NOT fix it. What I'm saying is look at other countries... learn from them, see what doesn't work and what works and DO something about it. All the infighting and politicizing of the issue won't get us anywhere. I'll guarantee our forefathers in 1787 had no clue this would be an issue and no, I'll guarantee it's not in the constitution. But none the less... it's an issue that needs a fix and I'd prefer not to stick my head in my ass and hope for the best. Maybe I can avoid colon cancer that way, but it's not going to do much else.

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• The best way to start towards a solution to the health care problem is to make everyone ( and by that I mean Congress) be on the same health care program as every other individual in the country, same with Social Security, you want that fixed, put the idiots in Washington on the same plan as the rest of the retirement people in this country. This shit will get fixed if that happens.

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• The best way to start towards a solution to the health care problem is to make everyone ( and by that I mean Congress) be on the same health care program as every other individual in the country, same with Social Security, you want that fixed, put the idiots in Washington on the same plan as the rest of the retirement people in this country. This shit will get fixed if that happens.

You are 100% right.
    BUT also, if we go healthcare for all, then ALL must pay into it. Rich, Middle class, Poor and destitute.
    IF you choose not to work to earn money to pay for your health care, then you go to the free clinics for your health care.
    We do not have a health care crisis in this country. I can see any doctor when ever i want to.
    It is called "paying for services rendered", either you do it with health insurance or you do it in CASH, or you go to a free clinic, college teaching hospital or where ever.
    The crisis we have is the people that only want to pay for a bronze plan but expect to get the services and treatment of a Platinum, Titanium or a unobtanium plan.
    The other problem we have is the social security boondoggle.
    If you did not pay into it, you are not entitled to anything out of it....PERIOD. end of discussion.
    IF you are too stupid to realize that you can't work till the day you die and then plan for it, so sorry, it is called personal responsibility.
    Welfare? 26 week limit, then you are gone off the roll, get a job, education, or pick up trash on the side of the road for 8 hours a day to pay your way.
    SNAP and child welfare? Who the daddy? Name him or no bennies, already have a child on welfare and get preggers again? tough shit, no free medical or bennies for 2nd child. get a job.
    If you can not tell, I am tired of the whiners and crybabies saying gimmie, gimmie, gimmie, i DESERVE it or you OWE me.
    I don't owe you shit and you deserve shit if you didn't plan you life out.
    DAMMIT, now i am going to have to go see a doctor about my high blood pressure, should i use insurance or cash?

• True, but do realize it's not a black or white issue. Can we say if you are on welfare and get preggers and too bad? Sure we can. Can we say if you are on welfare and you have to be on birth control to prevent that... sure... are we? No, because then we're stepping on religion. I'm so tired of that argument. How many catholics go to church and are on birth control... many. How can we say to someone you aren't allowed to get pregnant and yet you also aren't allowed on birth control. I'm not going to step on toes and say it should be one way or another as it's a personal thing, but I can and will point out the hypocrisy of a decision like that. All I'm saying is there are social issues around it... right or wrong.

• True, but do realize it's not a black or white issue. Can we say if you are on welfare and get preggers and too bad? Sure we can. Can we say if you are on welfare and you have to be on birth control to prevent that... sure... are we? No, because then we're stepping on religion. I'm so tired of that argument. How many catholics go to church and are on birth control... many. How can we say to someone you aren't allowed to get pregnant and yet you also aren't allowed on birth control. I'm not going to step on toes and say it should be one way or another as it's a personal thing, but I can and will point out the hypocrisy of a decision like that. All I'm saying is there are social issues around it... right or wrong.

I did not mention race, religion, creed, immigration status or anything like that.
    All rules apply to everyone EQUALLY.
    IF your religion prevents you from taking birth control, then good luck with that, your only options are then to have no sex, your choice since the government can not force you to have sex and procreate, or be prepared to fully support your own decision yourself, with no help from the government as the government is forbidden from interfering in religion. Religious decision, then your religious congregation can help you support it. If you want the government to stay out of religion, then stay out of the government with your religious decision.
    If you are already on government assistance, then that assistance is limited to that one child, if you get pregnant again while on it, to bad, you should have made better choices.
    No one said the government should have the power to restrict procreation. But the government should not be expected to support YOUR poor decision with our/MY tax money.
    Every action has consequences. Intended or unintended. You take the risk, you pay the price, not me.
    I have 2 kids, why not 3? because i felt i could not afford 3, why not 1, because i wanted 2 and could afford 2. How did i make sure i didn't have 3? Medical procedure that I paid for, not the government, not the religion, but ME. Why? because it was cheaper than a 3rd kid.

• IMHO it will not get fixed till we have term limits in Congress. That is the reason there is so much waste in the budget, so much pork. The lobbies have too much money to give away in campaign funds or just flat bribes. If you talk to congressmen( generic non sexiest) they will tell you the day they get elected they start their re-election campaign. It is a never ending cycle. When this country was created the legislative branch was no run by career politicians. Now they have taken over and as long as they have a reason to stay they will. How many millionaires are there in Congress? How many were millionaires before they were elected? Damn few! So how are they getting wealthy while serving the people? I have no objection to a person making a buck, hell you SHOULD be trying to improve yourself, wherever you work. But if it is by taking advantage of a system that no one except your colleagues have access to, then I have a problem. It is not a Democrat or Republican problem, its an American problem and if we don’t fix it it will destroy this country!

• @AllIn5450... hey, sorry, I did not mean to imply you brought up race, sex, etc. What I was saying is that it's hard to say you can't have another kid then NOT provide birth control. That's like telling a piro that you can't start fires and then give them some match books.... really NOT, but you get my point. But then everyone starts yelling that we are supplying people with birth control and the government shouldn't be sponsoring it. I guess what I'm saying is you can't have it both ways... that's all. I agree with you, and if you tell someone they can't have additional kids... so be it. But you can't then say they aren't allowed access to birth control and that has been an argument ever sense the ACA went into law.

• [quote='MWSlingshot','http://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/369-politics-suck/&postID=163669#post163669']The best way to start towards a solution to the health care problem is to make everyone ( and by that I mean Congress) be on the same health care program as every other individual in the country, same with Social Security, you want that fixed, put the idiots in Washington on the same plan as the rest of the retirement people in this country. This shit will get fixed if that happens.
    [attach=59695,none,399][/attach

• What I was saying is that it's hard to say you can't have another kid then NOT provide birth control.

The government can not tell anyone that they can not have a kid, nor should they be able to except in rare cases where someone is just too stupid to have a kid, and we all know someone that fits that description, takes lack of common sense as a life goal, and once obtained just loves to wallow around in it.
    BUT....and a REAL BIG BUT here (calm down tripod), The government CAN, and absolutely SHOULD tell them, since you can not provide for the kid you have now which we are paying you to take care of, or IF you can not be responsible enough to take care of yourself so we have to feed you, provide rent, elect, phone etc etc, and then get pregnant, it is on you, your decision, your lack of common sense, your lack of personal responsibility WILL NOT be rewarded with OPM (other peoples money). So, get pregnant while on government assistance, it's on you, not us. The people of the country should not have to pay for other peoples lack of common sense.

AND....BTW....all the free clinics that i have ever heard about or read about, as well as PLANNED PARENTHOOD, the democrats women's oasis, will give away condoms for FREE, will GIVE birth control pills for FREE, and abstaining from sex has always, and will always be FREE.
    So, there is free birth control available to all, without having to buy insurance, or pay out of pocket for the "less fortunate".

• @AllIn5450... What I was saying is that it's hard to say you can't have another kid then NOT provide birth control. I agree with you, and if you tell someone they can't have additional kids... so be it. But you can't then say they aren't allowed access to birth control and that has been an argument ever sense the ACA went into law.

I shortened your exact statement (but left them in complete sentences so that it was still all your words), so I could cut to the chase here. It's not that they are not allowed access to birth control, they just have to be personally responsible for it. It's called stepping up, and being responsible for said actions (being an adult). If they can't do that, I don't feel I can help them with good conscience. Mistakes happen, as do life choices. If they are down and out, I am very happy to help. If they are down and out for the 3rd time with yet another child that they aren't getting and help from the father, then they aren't learning from their mistakes or they are trying to ride the system. At very least haven't learned anything from their mistakes. I have no problem with them having fun, at their expense but not mine. If they can't afford it, find someone that can at least afford to help in that area.... if it's only condoms that the man supplies. If the man can't supply that, she really should reevaluate him and his worth. If I know I can't pay for a car, I wouldn't try to get a loan on it... even if the bank said OK. If I know I can't afford the house, I'll look for something else. It really is that simple. It really comes down to being responsible for your own choices. If you are in your 20's, and have 8 kids by nearly as many fathers, and none of them are helping you, how is that my responsibility? Said person chose to do the deed, said father did not accept responsibility. Why should I? Have all the kids you care for.... but CARE FOR them on your own....

I've been reading this thread, but haven't posted for some time now. There is a "Thread ignore" button at the lower right. Would hate to hit it, but I have considered it.

• I've been MIA for a bit doing things, but you/we/us are all wrong................................
    Politicians control most, politicians are controlled by about 10 to 15 people (the richest people in the USA....( click here for the top 10 ).
    If its a republicans time they'll let them know, if its a democrats time they'll let them know.
    The only power we have is to say which democrat or republican if we have a choice between several.
    Last election was a republicans turn (after 8 years of democrat it usually changes every 8 years these days),
    we choose Trump for 2 reasons... #1 were tired of life time politicians so wanted an outsider, #2 were tired of the immigration policies not being enforced.
    Just know if the top 10 in the link above wanted Hillary to win she would be our president, not saying they were against her, they just wanted a different party after 8 years as they they know if they keep it on rotation we the people will keep fighting among ourselves over who caused what and didn't or did what and they can keep controlling things. We will always lose unless we in force in numbers go against the current system and get rid of it all.
    The End.... lol