Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Space Program? Didn't Obama kill the shuttle program? I think that's why we pay the Russians to get us into space now.

• Space Program? Didn't Obama kill the shuttle program? I think that's why we pay the Russians to get us into space now.

Wasn't gonna say it but now that you mention it - "caring for unaborted babies"???? The left and Dems wanna be able to abort up to time of birth!! LEGALIZED MURDER IMO!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Ladies, and Gentlemen,

I've just been informed that the estimated cost of building the wall on the southern border has been greatly reduced.

Apparently, the unexpected result of the election caused some 60 million people to SHIT A BRICK, producing enough bricks to construct a 30 ft high wall, 2000 miles long!!!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• So this old man has been going up to the gatehouse at the White House for the last several days. Each time, he asks, "Can I please see President Hillary Clinton?" The guard patiently explains that the current president is Obama & the president-elect is Donald Trump so there are no Clintons in residence nor will there be. Each time, the man just shuffles off. Today the guard got a little angry & said, "Don't you get it?! There are no Clintons here!!!" The old man replied, "I know. I just love hearing it!"

:thumbsup:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

No. Bush killed the Space Shuttle. Contrary to popular belief, Obama is not to blame for everything negative thing that happened in the country or the world.

"[The Space Shuttle program] was formally scheduled for mandatory retirement in 2010 in accord with the directives President George W. Bush issued on January 14, 2004 in his Vision for Space Exploration.[21]" (Wikipedia)
    Space Shuttle program - Wikipedia

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• Wasn't gonna say it but now that you mention it - "caring for unaborted babies"???? The left and Dems wanna be able to abort up to time of birth!! LEGALIZED MURDER IMO!!

And the right-wing conservatives seem to favor legalization to kill the un-aborted (living persons - often liberal minded or otherwise undesirable and offensive to conservative minds and values). So, if we could agree that everyone should have the right to kill whomever they want, pre- or post-natal, then both side will be happy. Right?

Sorry, my liberal mind got the better me and went off the reservation. Pro-choice does not mean Pro-death. Pro-choice means allowing a woman to decide what is best for herself. I am not in favor of abortion, but I don't think my choice should necessarily be forced on others either, in this matter. I'm not in favor of free handouts, but I am in favor of helping those truly in need. I think we should retain our right to bear arms, but I don't think we need assault rifles for game hunting. I agree that lower crime rates seem to coincide with areas that allow open-carry, but those areas also have lower population densities, statewide. I also agree that in places like Alaska which are more wilderness than anything else, a sidearm could be a life saver. There are no easy answers to the many problems that we face. Both conservative and liberal views have merits, but neither is ideal by itself. Nor is either flawless. We all have different ideas about what will America great again, but we need to understand that what worked in the past may not be the right answer. The world has changed, thanks in no small part to America and it's global influence, and we need to change with it. Holding doggedly on to our past greatness is not the answer, but neither is tossing it aside.

I give many of you credit for being able to reel in some of the extreme views that were bandied about, but I encourage you to take it a bit further. One thing I've noticed is that most, if not all, of the name-calling and bipartisan bashing i have seen on this thread and among my Facebook friends is coming from the Conservative side. I'm not saying the Liberals are innocent, but I'm not seeing/hearing it first-hand. There are media reports and videos showing kids rioting and protesting, and plenty of young idealistic college kids acting naively, but mostly, it is just the kids. Not too much different that how the boomers were when they were the same age. It wasn't ALL "Peace and Love", back then. But, really, on this thread, the majority of the "bad behavior" seems to be coming from the conservative minded. In fact, a large portion of Conservatives are also Christians and I think we can all agree that much of the bashing is very un-Christian. As I recall, it is exactly the kind of hatred that Christ was quick to admonish. I don't remember any mention of him saying it was okay as long as someone else started it. In fact, I'm pretty sure there was something about "turning the other cheek." I haven't read the latest version of the book, but I'm pretty confident that it's still in there. If I'm mistaken, then please let me know. In the meantime, can we at least strive for less bashing and unrestrained/uninformed stone-throwing, and have a more civil debate? What'd ya say?

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• Wasn't gonna say it but now that you mention it - "caring for unaborted babies"???? The left and Dems wanna be able to abort up to time of birth!! LEGALIZED MURDER IMO!!

I was referring to the fact that Republicans want to cut or defund most programs that would help families that carry to term.

There are Catholic run Hospitals that let mother and child die, even though the mother could be saved by a late term abortion. Is that not Murder? There are children raped that become pregnant. Should they be forced to carry some sick bastards baby for 9 months as a constant assault on their mind and body? In most cases I am against abortion. Conception is a gray area for "the line". Is there a heartbeat at conception?NO. The Bible where "at conception" is rooted says "don't spill your seed"(sperm). Should masterbation be illegal? Any one of those living little sperm have a chance to be a productive, happy member of society. I think before there is a heartbeat it's just tissue, unless you treat sperm as living babies also. That would make all us boys/men murderers. ;(

Knowbody likes being told what to do. Most of you agree being told to get healthcare is B.S.. Yet, you advocate that Woman, you don't know, should carry to term. I see the moral issue with abortion, and from heartbeat to birth would agree it should be limited(illegal is a tuffy). Science has improved and we can now tell if a baby is going to have serious issues. In some of those instances I would agree that abortion is the humane choice. When a mothers life is in jeopardy I would agree that abortion is the right choice.

Some argue "the child can be put up for adoption". Which would require state run adoption clinics, that Republican lawmakers want to get rid of. I know, "private sector" adoption clinics, those tend to cater to clientele that don't want "crack babies". Where do the deformed, ill, handicapped, or crack babies go? Who pays for their care? This issue should be left alone do to it's complexity, IMO. What would the penalty be for having an illegal abortion? Jail, take the mothers other children away, and the taxpayers pay for the mother to live in jail and her current children to live in foster care? A fine?, basically increasing the cost of abortion.

• Agree with a lot of what you say @WOLF - Abortion is a super complex issue and it is very hard for either side to find common ground. The far right believes life begins at conception - the far left believes anytime a woman decides to abort is fine. In cases of rape and saving the mothers life I guess I am pro abortion - other than that there are thousands of folks out there that can't have children and would love the opportunity to raise and care for unaborted babies. Both sides are gonna have to bend but once again it appears that is unlikely. As for masturbation I knew I was goin to hell by my early 20's - so is life :00008359:

• I believe in the CHOICE should be up to the mother. The Federal and State government should stay out of it. That includes paying for it.

I have known many people who say no abortion, yet when asked if they are willing to adopt those children, they say no. You can't have it both ways.

There are many reasons for stopping from producing a child, yet it should fall on the Mother to decide.

YLM. Your Life Matters

• Plain and simple....Freedom of speech and choice, who's to say what you decide or do. That's the problem, everyone worry about themselves and that individuals decision. Who gives a fuck if someone decides to have abortion or not, can't stand these people who hang out in front of clinics? Now, I'll go this route, here's the twist....If someone has a baby and it's a planned tactic for welfare and they already live off the system and have 2-4+ children already, they get NO MORE $ / funding/ support. They got into the jam and created there own position, they deal with it! Every decision has a good and bad, better think long and hard..

Still no Slingbeast sightings????

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• Im gunna leave it @ this..TRUMP WON :00008040::00000441::00000436: . For 8 years I dealt & blocked out crap from Liberals & Dems. I payed little attention to what was happening cause EVERYTHING was Negative , destructive and made nothing better in my familys life. Racism , violence, welfare & hate grew while everything else collapsed. I for one am sick of Supporting "these people" I've said it before and I'll repeat it till its dug deep into peoples thick heads. I wake up everyday and GO TO WORK! I give an honest day as a middle class worker, come home to my family, run my kids around, pay my bills and do what's expected just to do it again the next day. Im sure there are / were many of us who have the same cycle. Now tell me 1 thing that got better in MY life in the last 8 years?? My taxes are asinine! price of living went UP!, can only have 10 rnds in clip, can't say Anything cause someone might get offended, kids can't play like kids cause of the sickos and the world hate, I can keep going..... Yeah 8 years this all got worse Not better..

Trumps clearing out the corruption & planting a new seed to hopefully cleanse the world. Look @ the actions of Liberals/ Dems it's sickening the Burning of flags, actions said & done. It shows the difference between class & stupid! Plenty of ticked people when Obama won 2nd term. but Middle class has intelligence and accepted it. These Libs/ dems should accept it like the REPUBLICANS did and show a little class and stop bitching. Hellary would of run US into the ground and the word "STUPID" is the only word I can use, but libs think she was better or the answer, UNREAL! She's a proven , corrupt , killer, felon, but can't fix stupid & being blind to Facts. I tried to find a positive and couldn't. :00008084: Trump will do More than Obama could in 8!

I have stayed away from this thread, My Boy Won :00000436: Trump is showing class with his dealings on everyone who said negative against him. Now everyone put on there big boy pants, deal with it and move forward...
    And before anyone says it , Im not calling anyone individual out or anything saying "Stupid" it's the obvious people you see & hear on the news...The Guy I would call stupid I don't think comes around anymore :00008356: Enough said :D:whistling:

Everyone be good, only 4 more months till Spring!! :thumbdown::whistling:

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• I agree @BONES, there should be a set limt on the duration somebody recieves welfare. Giving "X" amount per child, with no set "you're no longer eligible for welfare" time limit, just entices scumbags to take advantage of a system that was suppose to give a hand up, not a lifelong hand out.

• YES!! If you didn't go to school, learn a trade or any other skill that is marketable the government has made it so easy for you to live off them instead of going to work (government benefits is more than they can make with the skill set they have)!! Everyone always talks about the less fortunate. Do they come from generational destitute backgrounds whereby they had to work to help feed their families or did they just figure out how to game the system and get on the government dole for LIFE. The first step in the right direction IMO would be drug testing welfare recipients. Most of the jobs out there now require drug testing - why not for welfare?? If you were able to root out all drug users and people gaming the system maybe we wouldn't get pissed the next time somebody pulls out food stamps at the grocery store then walks outside putting the groceries in their new Cadillac!!
    :00007505::00007505:

• Anyone care to comment on the stunt that Jill Stein is trying, with her fund raising and calling for re-counts in Michigan, PA., and Wisconsin? For a couple weeks, we have watched the market take off, and per polls, (I know- it is a "poll",) consumer confidence has risen 9%. For the first time in a long time- people are optimistic....... Can you imagine the chaos this could cause?

I am sure there is a special place in HELL for that woman! :00007505::00007505: