Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• One of the things about our government that has driven me crazy since I was an idealistic law student was the lifetime appointments to the Supreme Court. Politicians come and go and the pendulum can swing right or left during each election cycle. These justices once appointed have the right to make almost nonsensical rulings (Ruth Bader Ginsberg <X ) and no matter what can never be held accountable to the voters. I am of the opinion that Justices should be an elected position and if so based on the current environment would be more important than a Presidential race!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Oh, so you heard that the baby(Kaine) gets thrown out with the bath water(Clinton)? That would be interesting indeed. I too need to look into this. :)

yes there's a system if she gets busted the whole party gets crushed. I read this a while back

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• @WOLF - good one - ya got me. I agree with 95% of what you said. I really could care less who is elected President save and except one reason because neither will do anything to unite the country. That reason is the Supreme Court. I hope that within that four years that you and @Sling Beast don't have buyers remorse after she appoints left wing Supreme Court Justices tilting the balance of power. TRUST ME - the Supreme Court has much more power over our day to day lives than the President. I understand why Trump is so distasteful to many but have you considered this. You both have claimed to fully support the 2nd Amendment. Hillary alone as President can do little. On the other hand with her hand picked Justices you mark my word - that will be the beginning of the end of your gun rights in the USA!! @WOLF & @Sling Beast leave Trump and Clinton off the table - would you want say Bernie Sanders or God forbid Obama on the Supreme Court. If you want to completely change what America looks like then I suppose you are truly liberal. I DO NOT - Respectfully Sorry....

Bill I have heard the hype for 8 years that Obama was going to take our guns, that did not happen. My assault rifles and handguns are by my side standing proud.I do not scare easily with all this loose scuttlebutt that your party has claimed. If the Republicans just voted on Obamas pick to serve on the Supreme Court you all would not be so much in a uproar. Hillary may nominate someone very extreme than Obama's choice for the seat. You all had your chance and put up every obstacle possible so that Merrick Garland would not get seated on the courts. They refused to hold hearing on the nomination, arguing that the next president should choose. Well the next president will be Hillary Clinton. When I hear Trumps name my stomach cringes with disgust. Just remember you all had a chance to vote for one helluva guy in Garland Merrick, but did not. So whomever she picks we all will have to deal with it!

• This election is going to go down to the wire- pitting the DT video tapes, against the Wikileaks email dumps. Issues have taken a back seat with much of the American public- sensationalism Rules!
    I would like very much to at least salvage a Republican held House & Senate, (who maybe could try to find some guts for a change, and not rubber-stamp every cockamamie budget, bill, spending plan, etc. that comes their way- regardless of which side of the aisle it started on, but they have been pretty spineless so far)
    Regardless of who wins- over 50% of the American public already despises the future President. Too many voting for Hillary are anyone-but-Trump voters, and the same thing can be said on the other side. Then, add in a large group of disenchanted young people- including those who need their "safe zones" in college. (Thank Heavens I already got the kid thru the University system when it was merely bad, not totally nuts!)
    Does anyone out there really think that our next Congress will actually work WITH whoever is elected? We, as a nation, are screwed, either way.........
    OMG- Can't believe that I am actually longing for the "old days".......
    Remember when boys grew up wanting to be police officers? (God love & Protect them-- but what a thankless job that has become!)
    Remember when every day at school started with the Pledge of Allegiance, and there were no issues?
    Remember when your Dr. spent time with you, examining, talking......NOT filling out forms?
    Remember when we believed, (at least somewhere between kind of or mostly), our elected officials?

• This is not hype!!! If Obama had had the backing in the Supreme Court you would have already seen your gun rights diminishing. If you would just think out of the box for a minute. The 2nd Amendement gives you the right to possess your assault rifles and handguns. It DOES NOT protect your right to own ammunition. Given the right circumstances, the right case could make it thru the system to a liberal Supreme Court and voila - government controlled ammo, reloading supplies, etc. Then your assault rifle is a nice looking club.
    As for Merrick Garland he is a good man but by no means an Anthony Scalia. You bolster my case that Justices should be a elected position not based on appointment of liberal vs conservative!!

• Bill let's just say if I agree with your statement about the second amendment. It is no way in hell I could vote for Trump. Maybe if Colin Powell was in his place, maybe. You and I know Trump is a loose cannon ready to explode any minute.

• I know there are many that are of afraid of what Trump MAY do. I cannot vote for Hillary because of what she SAID she will do. If you consider worst case scenarios I believe Hillary will ruin things for generations - Trump for one term!! Sad We the People are gonna be the ones to suffer - Hillary and Trump will both just go back to being ultra rich!!

• It is going to get absolutely crazy before November 8th. The allegations against both these flawed candidates does nothing but make us hate them even more.IMG_2274.JPG
    Hillary is allegedly especially concerned about emails to her beloved aide Huma Abedin, wife of disgraced former congressman Anthony Weiner. Abedin has long been rumored to be Hillary's lesbian lover, and the deleted emails would reportedly confirm this.

PS...Not because she may be gay but yet another coverup if she is....

• It is going to get absolutely crazy before November 8th. The allegations against both these flawed candidates does nothing but make us hate them even more.IMG_2274.JPG
    Hillary is allegedly especially concerned about emails to her beloved aide Huma Abedin, wife of disgraced former congressman Anthony Weiner. Abedin has long been rumored to be Hillary's lesbian lover, and the deleted emails would reportedly confirm this.

PS...Not because she may be gay but yet another coverup if she is....

Now that's funny! :huh: