Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Referencing my post above, we can all remember when we used to watch CNN during the Gulf war and talked about how amazing the reporting was and we all know what happened there.

Fox News came along and we pretty much did the same thing and we see what’s happening now.

A thought came to me this morning that their relatively rapid ascension and decline unfortunately is much like many democracies and possibly ours now. Revolutionary, comfortable, complacent, and the inevitable decline.

We better wake up!

As I’ve said many times before I do not look to Donald Trump as someone I want as a friend but is someone that will get a job done that I feel needs to be done.

If Donald Trump is doing this for revenge or selfish reasons or if he is a true patriot and wants to bring this country back in line - either way he gets the job done that I want done .

if his booking figures are true at 6 foot three and 215 pounds I believe the last 15 pounds are his brass balls and boy do we need a set of those now!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• So.....

An interesting thought exercise was posed in a surprising place so I figured what better place to get a diverse opinion. Not that it would ever happen but I did find the fact it was even suggested interesting enough to ask.

With him poling higher and higher and a growing outrage among a few key dem voting blocks since the DNC announced this week that officially "Joe is our man" and will not consider any challengers or debates on the dem side.

What do you think the public reaction would be to a Trump/RFK Jr. unity ticket on the Republican side.

Would moderate dems (including a growing number of young and minority voters) who don't like Joe vote on the hope that for some reason Trump has to leave office or that worst case Joe gets booted and RFK Jr. could run in four years.

........ politician-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Joe is their man until he’s not. There’s a long road ahead to the election and the steps of Air Force One seem to be greased.

there will always be an October surprise…..

as we have all always heard said many times - "dont put all of your eggs in one basket' - - - with this in mind I have to admit that I love the idea that this seems do be exactly what the DNC is doing and as such there is a good chance that if something trips them up they will lose all of their eggs and will be left with no viable options - - you have to admit that it looks like the RNC has a large number of options should something happen to break the no 1 egg

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• NO!

• And here’s the kicker Ramaswamy said he wants to cut all funding to Israel in a few years.

Let’s just go down memory lane here for a moment and remember that George Soros and his father went around the Jewish ghettos in Germany, and pointed out their fellow men to the Nazis for the train ride to the camps.

Sounds like George is already getting payback on his 90 K.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I personally I think its not only reasonable, but responsible to consider limiting or eliminating ALL funding going to other countries until such time as we no longer need that money here at home - - I mean seriously why are we helping other countries fund the fixing of their problems when we have the homeless crisis and border crisis that we have right here at home - - I say "America First" - - not one dime should be sent out of this country to help another country when that dime could be used right here at home in this country.

JMO

• I personally I think its not only reasonable, but responsible to consider limiting or eliminating ALL funding going to other countries until such time as we no longer need that money here at home - - I mean seriously why are we helping other countries fund the fixing of their problems when we have the homeless crisis and border crisis that we have right here at home - - I say "America First" - - not one dime should be sent out of this country to help another country when that dime could be used right here at home in this country.

JMO

Damn! We finally agree on something else.

• Talk about out of control - - Biden administration wants to limit legal drinking to two beers a week

WOW!!!

and I dont even drink

your taking it out of the context that it was written. The Centre for substance Abuse up here, says 2 drinks a weeks is OK, more increases your risk. Its not a law, rule, or anything else mandatory. It's a guideline. I am over that tonight already........:thumbsup::thumbsup::clinking_beer_mugs::clinking_beer_mugs::clinking_beer_mugs:

• your taking it out of the context that it was written. The Centre for substance Abuse up here, says 2 drinks a weeks is OK, more increases your risk. Its not a law, rule, or anything else mandatory. It's a guideline. I am over that tonight already........:thumbsup::thumbsup::clinking_beer_mugs::clinking_beer_mugs::clinking_beer_mugs:

steps, government likes to take steps. Start with a recommendation then add o in steps until recommendations become regulations or you become uninsurable government needs to simply stay out of people’s personal lives. They never get involved without some end game involved - JMO

• steps, government likes to take steps. Start with a recommendation then add o in steps until recommendations become regulations or you become uninsurable government needs to simply stay out of people’s personal lives. They never get involved without some end game involved - JMO

there is no way for a government to regulate 2 drinks per week. Physically impossible.

• This administration is doing everything they can to rewrite history - they could bring Prohibition back after they declare it’s good for the environment :00008172: If they did I expect I’d be on the lamb from the revenuers…

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• there is no way for a government to regulate 2 drinks per week. Physically impossible.

they could, it wouldn't be that hard. a simple scan of your id at required at every purchase and then a record of whats bought. also pass a new rule that any government funded health insurance will not be issued to those who're heave drinkers. and then the private health insurance could also base coverage and / or rates alcohol consumption, just like they do now on smoking - - - hell I get bloodwork done at least twice a year for my doctor how tough would it ne for them to check for excessive alcohol consumption?

sure it would be easy to get around, but whats the point of releasing government guidelines if they dont lead to something, and trust me the government has ways to "incentivize" people to comply

and again no matter where it leads I dont like the government getting involved in peoples personal lives - - you want to drink 10 gallons a day - its non of their damn business - just so long as you dont then go out and hurt others - none of their damn business!!

• So, the Oliver Anthony dude is now saying that politicians have weaponized his song... “It’s aggravating seeing people on conservative news try to identify with me like I’m one of them,” he said in the Friday video. “I see the right, trying to characterize me as one of their own. And I see the left trying to discredit me.”

Well, that didn't take long for this guy to start really trying to tell people what to think... (after complaining in the song about the govt. wanting to know everything we do and think) It is just a song, and he put it out for people to listen to and judge, and now is upset because lots of people don't think like he does. "I’ve spent all day, everyday, for the last 10 years hearing the same story. People are SO damn tired of being neglected, divided and manipulated." Personally, have never felt that way and I am/was blue collar. I have never had the victim mentality..

If one actually thinks about it, the song is all over the place politically... from poor people to rich people, from minors to miners, from hungry people to non hungry people. He complains about selling his soul for b. s. ... overtime pay and drinking his life away... just all over the place, not happy with anything.

Yes, taxes are too high, because politicians waste money and they always have...

Anyway... it is his song, but don't tell me what to think when I hear it, just take your ball and go home.

'Rich Men North of Richmond' 'being weaponized,' singer says

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• This administration is doing everything they can to rewrite history - they could bring Prohibition back after they declare it’s good for the environment :00008172: If they did I expect I’d be on the lamb from the revenuers…

well I am sure there would be people providing alcohol if they tried to enforce drinking limits - but as involved in everything that government is involved id these days - like health insurance and everything else I do believe they have more tools to punish non compliance with than there did the last time they tried to stop drinking - - this is what Government does, they get to people addicted to things the Government provides, medical insurance, permission to drive, food stamps - think about anything the government either "gives" or requires a license to get or do - - these are ll things they can then threaten you with to get you to comply with their rules - - - even things like electric cars - - get caught drinking more than we think you should and we turn off your car, or block access to the charging system. get your annual checkup and we find alcohol in your blood and we willtakw away your health insurance - - - the more things that an individual relies on that the government is involved in providing the more things they can use against you to control you.