Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• A minority of eligible voters already elects or president - - seriously can you point me to one time where more than 50% of those eligible to vote ever voted for a presidential candidate? in 2020 only 67% of those eligible to vote actually bothered voting and in 2016 it was 5 percentage points lower

And of that 62% that voted in 2016 Trump only got 31.62% of the popular vote, so do the math 32% of 62% - - thats less than 20% of eligible voters elected Donald Trump thanks to the electoral collage

I could be wrong, but I dont think we have ever in my life had a president that actually received more than 50% of the vote of all people eligible to vote

But hey if your happy having things keep going the way the have for the last, at least 60 years. where we keep just going down and every time a D or an R is elected they spend most of their time in office undoing what the prior administration did - go for it - - Seriously we got Trump and he did some great things, but now they have all been undone, and if He gets elected in 2024 and does great things again the next D that gets elected will just undo it all again - - this is our two party system and it is what they do - - - and like lemmings we just keep doing the same thing and some how hope "this time it will be different"

IT WON'T!!!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I could be wrong, but I dont think we have ever in my life had a president that actually received more than 50% of the vote of all people eligible to vote

That is one of those statistical things that people like to throw out... "all eligible voters"... All it would take statistically is for 1 eligible voter not to show up and that statement would hold true. There is not one place in the world where everyone eligible to vote will vote. Of those who do vote, there have been several presidents who got 50% of the vote...Carter, Regan, Bush 1 and Bush 2, Obama.

I think parties pander to their individual constituents rather than the whole. A great example is the abortion ban wave that is sweeping "red" states. A R candidate who supports that will never get a D to vote for them even if they are the better candidate. 67% of Americans think abortion should be legal in some form, yet the R's in many places are banning or trying to ban it completely. There is supposed to be a separation of religion and state, but these types of agendas are more religious than political. That was only an example of many things that both parties do to bolster their vote. One of my girlfriends was a member of the Libertarian party... in realty she was really a physical conservative... and not a true Libertarian... The "true" libertarian is a bit to extreme for the majority to support.

There was an article on Yahoo about the 25 inches of rain in Florida and the usual media push about global warming... even though there were two events previously that had more rain in the US... the majority of comments were about how God hated DeSantis and Florida because of their politics...As long as the "eligible" think like this we will stay on the current R, D, left right path we are on. People need to change, not the parties.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• She is a phoney. I liked her way back then discovered she was very liberal. She is a chameleon!

• She is a phoney. I liked her way back then discovered she was very liberal. She is a chameleon!

Show me a politician that the same would not apply to.....She seems to me to be more of what an independent represents.

During Tulsi Gabbard's tenure as a congresswoman and presidential candidate, she placed much emphasis on her foreign policy views and regarded them as inseparable from her domestic policy views. She criticizes what she terms the "neoliberal/neoconservative war machine", which pushes for US involvement in "wasteful foreign wars". She has said that the money spent on war should be redirected to serve health care, infrastructure, and other domestic priorities. Nevertheless, she describes herself as both a hawk and a dove: "When it comes to the war against terrorists, I'm a hawk", but "when it comes to counterproductive wars of regime change, I'm a dove".

As a candidate in the 2020 Democratic presidential primary, Gabbard's political positions were broadly similar to those of contenders on health care, climate, education, infrastructure, and criminal justice reform, but she had distinguishable positions on issues ranging from Democratic Party internal politics to foreign affairs.

After ending her presidential campaign, Gabbard has since taken more conservative positions on culture war and social issues, including abortion and transgender rights. Gabbard endorsed the controversial Florida House Bill 1557, referred to by critics as the "Don't Say Gay" bill, and in 2022, she was a featured speaker at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC). She has been a frequent critic of the Biden Administration. Later in 2022, she announced that she had quit the Democratic Party without joining any other party. In her announcement she not only echoed conservative criticisms of the Democratic Party but also stated that she feared that the Democrats would start a nuclear war.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Anyone can be fooled.

• I never seen you say the same for the political prosecution of Trump for 7 years straight.

and you won’t. Trump is a tool. I didn't like him before he was prez. And he is old news, why do you keep bringing him up. He is a “has been” grasping for straws. He should go away quietly before he makes more of a fool of himself. BUT, his ego won’t let him.

• Oh, like biden, hilary, pelosi and on and on.

There are many things I didnt like about Trump, and there were many things I did like, but the one thing I think even the people who hate him can agree on is the fact that unlike virtually every other politician on both sides of the isle Trump was not bought and paid for.

This is also the reason why both parties are glad he's gone and why neither party wants him back - - they can't control him!

• We all can agree that Rep/Dem politicians are mostly all shit I think. What needs to be eliminated is the far left/right drive every controversy. Most of the country is center left/right but their voice is never heard. WHY? Because of the freakin 24 hour “news” cycle. There is no news anymore - it is opinion shows. If you watch MSNBC and are conservative right of center it is a shitshow and the world is ending. If you watch Fox News and you are left of center it is a shitshow and the world is ending. We can debate Rep/Dem/Libertarian parties all we want but as long as the media spins news to attract viewers instead of just the hard facts I don’t believe the American public is smart enough to differentiate between truth and bullshit !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• If Tulsi ran for President as a Libertarian I would vote for her in a heartbeat, on the other hand if she sold out and joins the Republican Party I would have to find someone else to vote for or simply pass.

• I vote straight R because the Ds and trying to send this country straight to Hell. Go ahead a vote L or not vote at all and help the Ds finish off this great country. If it sounds like I am pissed off, I am. I spent 21.5 years protecting this country most of the time away from my family and it hurts to see what is happening to our way of life. If you was better with Trump then you are with Biden man there is something wrong with your head. Sorry I will say no more.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I vote straight R because the Ds and trying to send this country straight to Hell. Go ahead a vote L or not vote at all and help the Ds finish off this great country. If it sounds like I am pissed off, I am. I spent 21.5 years protecting this country most of the time away from my family and it hurts to see what is happening to our way of life. If you was better with Trump then you are with Biden man there is something wrong with your head. Sorry I will say no more.

Okay, but every time an R that you voted for has been elected has anything lasting really changed?? - - yea they talk a good game, and every now and again something great seems to get done, but does it ever really last? - - - if the democrat that gets elected in the next administration or the congress are going to undo all the good that a republican might do - whats the point?

Simple question - in our lives there have been several Republican presidents and congresses - - if they were so great why are things still getting worse every year?

I don't believe there are two separate parties, I honestly think both the Republican Party and the Democrat party are in fact one big happy family that works together behind closed doors to keep the people divided and fighting amongst ourselves.

We are being played! and the one thing they want more than anything else is for us to stay true to the two party system. and believe the lie that supporting our party of choice actually matters - - history proves it hasn't, so why would you think it might change now?

Now as a side note I truly thank you for your service to this country - you and others who have served are all my hero's

• The two party system is a myth! - there are not two parties, there is only one giant party that pretends to have two different sides - - it's all a lie, a trick used by the political elite to keep the people divided

We are being played