Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Turns my stomach to see what's allowed to continue in Philadelphia (and many other major cities). This behavior is accepted and so it will only grow and fester. Why would anyone continue to keep voting this way? Self-destruction.

Edit: Can anyone take a guess why police forces are having such large increase in retirements along with massive drops in new recruits?

• Turns my stomach to see what's allowed to continue in Philadelphia (and many other major cities). This behavior is accepted and so it will only grow and fester. Why would anyone continue to keep voting this way? Self-destruction.

Edit: Can anyone take a guess why police forces are having such large increase in retirements along with massive drops in new recruits?

Which way are people voting? I am not sure I understand that remark... Please explain. (of the 458 officers killed, 301 are listed as Covid)

Firearms-Related Fatalities

Firearms-related fatalities claimed the lives of 62 officers in 2021, a 38% increase compared to the 45 officers killed in firearms-related incidents in 2020.

Of the 62 firearms fatalities:

• 19 were ambushed and killed
    • 8 were investigating suspicious activities or persons
    • 7 were attempting an arrest
    • 7 were killed responding to domestic disturbance calls, which led to a tactical situation and an ambush
    • 7 were disturbance calls, which led to a tactical situation
    • 3 were killed during traffic enforcement, which led to an ambush
    • 3 were fatally shot responding to burglary or robbery in-progress calls
    • 3 involved drug-related investigations
    • 2 were killed during tactical encounters
    • 2 were inadvertently and accidentally shot and killed
    • 1 was killed during an encounter with a suicidal subject

Traffic-Related Fatalities

Traffic-related fatalities increased 38% with 58 deaths in 2021 compared to 42 deaths in 2020.

Of the 58 traffic-related deaths:

• 19 were automobile crashes involving a collision with another vehicle or fixed object
    • 9 were single-vehicle crashes
    • 27 were struck-by fatalities
    • 3 officers have been killed in motorcycle crashes

Top 6 States with the Largest Number of Law Enforcement Officer Fatalities

• Texas experienced the largest number of law enforcement officer fatalities of all U.S. states with 84 line-of-duty deaths.
    • Florida had the second highest number with 52 officer deaths.
    • Georgia had the third highest number with 39 officer deaths.
    • California had the fourth highest number with 24 officer deaths.
    • North Carolina had the fifth highest number with 21 officer deaths.
    • Tennessee had the sixth highest number with 18 officer deaths.

In addition, 45 federal officers, 7 territorial officers, and 3 tribal officers died in the line of duty this year. Only 10 states and the District of Columbia did not lose an officer this year.

There were 417 male officers killed in the line of duty, and 41 female officers. The average age of the fallen officers is 48, with 17 years of service. On average, officers left behind two children.

Preliminary data for 2022:

According to preliminary data compiled by the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial
    Fund (NLEOMF), as of June 30, 2022,
    129 federal, state, tribal and local law enforcement officers died in the line-of-duty. This is a decrease of approximately 31% from the 188 officers killed during the same period last year. The 129 line-of- duty deaths are trending lower at this point, almost entirely related to a reduction in Covid-19 deaths.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Nothing in my post pertains in any way as to police fatalities, number or cause. Although it appears police ambushes are up across the country. My reference is to the continued disrespect for law enforcement and law in general which is clearly shown in the video above. It's happing all over on a consistent basis. Philadelphia has been heavily democratic for years. The lack of prosecuting criminal behavior for lower and mid level crimes tends to lead in a way which encourages a belief in the ability to simply get-away with this kind of behavior. Smash and grabs, all over, no different if the police were respected those things wouldn't happen but they do.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/…urge-like-walking-baghdad

Gerace said the city has already seen 3,300 shootings this year, an increase from the 2,300 that took place for all of last year.

"Shootings have skyrocketed since Larry Krasner took over. They are up 95%," he said.

Gerace added that the Philadelphia area has already experienced problems with record-number carjackings for 2022 and there is no justice for those committing the crimes.

• I agree with most of what you are saying... but disrespect for police has been a problem for a long time. It is more evident now because the second layer of enforcement fails to persecute those arrested for breaking the laws created by the third layer of government.

The state creates a law, passes the bill, law enforcement upholds that law (creating resentment) and then prosecutors and lawyers either do not prosecute or plea bargain away the severity of that offense.

Some of that disrespect is earned by the actions of the few, recent examples: the cop in San Antonio who shot a teen that was just eating a burger in his car because he thought the car was the same car which eluded him the day before, it wasn't and he was fired and is facing prosecution.... Fuel to the anti police fire, video of a motorcycle trying to out run police and crashes at 100mph and the cops own body cam shows him running to the person who crashed with his weapon drawn while you can hear other officers already at the crash say, hey are you alright... hey, hey, again adds fuel to the anti fire... From watching most body cams the first thing that is done once the individual is on the ground is a knee in the back and a physical effort to put cuffs os. (I do understand the need for the officers safety) In the video I posted where a person supposedly calls the local cops on a federal ATF agent it shows just how out of control thing get very quickly. These could go on and on as to why there is a real disrespect for officers currently by all walks, not just one demographic be it political or racial.

I am pro blue and support those who do the job with integrity and honor and truly do protect and serve. I have been pulled over for speeding and the first question is usually.. Do you know how fast you were going? I always just say "Yes Sir" but want to answer that question with a smart ass response...(secretly I have always wanted to use the Cheech and Chong line from Up In Smoke when asked for my license... "it's on the back bumper" ) If I were younger I would, but I know not to because it will only be worse for me... That is not respect on my part but it is avoiding confrontation, time and energy. It is a thankless job but still only deserves the respect earned by the individuals.

• I see something deeper and it's taking hold. I see a statement of control and who is in control. Those people aren't young people wanting to have fun riding recreational vehicles. Those people are riding vehicles that are very effective in purpose and evasion. It's big business and it's getting bigger, much bigger.

• This is incredible! This person is actually running for public office and is considered “viable” and yes I use that “term” - oh in that one too.

Opinions and stances are fine but this person is one of the “follow the science” crew.

Someone should ask her about the new Covid strain we just came up with with an 80% kill rate and how she feels about that. Bill Burr was correct - look under your seat - 80% of you have to go!🤣

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• This is incredible! This person is actually running for public office and is considered “viable” and yes I use that “term” - oh in that one too.

Opinions and stances are fine but this person is one of the “follow the science” crew.

Someone should ask her about the new Covid strain we just came up with with an 80% kill rate and how she feels about that. Bill Burr was correct - look under your seat - 80% of you have to go!🤣

Uh, isn't she in the same state as Hershel Walker?

• If someone was trying to steal your car and instead they lit it on fire and destroyed it would you say you won the exchange?

Now take a look at Ukraine and ask yourself, are they winning?

I would have to say yes as they are not giving up their country. No matter what conflict/war there has been there has always been destruction, especially when one side is bent on destroying more than it is determined to win. Russia is just trying to destroy as much as possible to keep some land they have taken. I would guess, that land would also not mean much to Russia if they completely wipe out all infrastructure.

Infrastructure can always be rebuilt... look at Europe after WWII... but land once taken/given is very hard to get back.

• If someone was trying to steal your car and instead they lit it on fire and destroyed it would you say you won the exchange?

Now take a look at Ukraine and ask yourself, are they winning?

considering the fact that Putin thought the Ukraine would fall in a matter of weeks and now we are here we are almost 8 months later with Russia running out of munitions and needing to ask for help from the likes of Iran - - yes I would say the Ukraine is winning, their people have united in support of their country and at the same time Russias home support is going down the toilet.

Frankly I would not be surprised if this ends up leading to the end of Putins leadership of the country.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I can see both points of view. Having been deployed multiple times over the years I can say if other countries had 10% the heart and courage to fight for their country the way Ukraine has It would have been an easy victory. I hope the winter brings advantage on the side of Ukraine.

• I just realized that ole Joe NEVER lies. Doesn't he always say "I give you my word as a BIDEN?" He just doesn't understand that about the only person in the country that thinks he's doing a great job is Jimmy Carter

(Carter is no longer the worst President in US history now)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE