Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Slingblade , why do you feel it is necessary to call people names and attack people with hate and taunts. That is the problem with people these days, they feel they have to attack people and try to insult them. Why not carry on an intelligent arguement instead of all the hate. People will listen alot better. Just dont undersand why you feel that hate and taunts work better for you.

• It astounds me how liberals fight so hard to give up their rights and abdicate their money and freedom to those that have an abhorrent record on human rights, the economy, and basically running anything well.

Combine this with support for counties like China, and Iran that have terrible environmental, human rights records and policies but hey, drilling over there is better than here - all the while calling themselves “globalists”. Like what happens over there doesn’t influence things on a “global” scale.

They bargain with nations that throw gay people off rooftops for fun while running the pride flag up the pole for show and invoke slavery as business as usual and have Concentration camps so their people can get their mind right. And this is all ok with them.

But what can you do? Ignorance, you would think is bliss but not so with the left. They are perpetually unhappy people. The modern day left is morally, ethically, and intellectually bankrupt. And most of it comes from our universities because again, if you can’t or won’t do it - teach it.

Gunna go ride - have a great day Slingers!8)

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• I don't think I could have made up a better example of why you can't trust government to define what an "assault weapon" is

California court rules Government can legally define a bumblebee as a fish

and people really want me to trust these morons to tell me what an assault weapon is? - - - - NOT!!!!!!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Ill take "Where is my Tropical Storm" for 500 Alex .....

My yard could really use the rain ......

.......... angel-squared

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2:15 update ......

.OMG ..it's right on top of us now .......

But don't worry friends .......

We will rebuild ......

............ wacky-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• From the heart —- I truly pray that is the worst you ever get !! Nobody should have to pass the hell of a hurricane!!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• From the heart —- I truly pray that is the worst you ever get !! Nobody should have to pass the hell of a hurricane!!!

Just making fun of the hyperbolic coverage.

As you know I have been here through many a serious storm and knew this one was being over-hyped. Miami had some localized flooding but seems no more than a typical heavy spring frog strangler.

We are still in La-Nina and will be through October so next year should start us back on the upswing for the SE coast of FL but still the Chicken Little act by the MSM.

We'll see if we can send another one your way again this year for old times sake. Funny thing is, last year I was overnighting in Natahala when it came over your hill.

....angel-squared

• Yes I know - Mother Nature has had her panties in a knot at me for a couple years now and I don’t know why…

this is a picture of my little babbling brook during that time. With my track record I imagine she will finish blowing away anything I got left in coonass land 😩😩. Had friends wanted me to move down your way but that appears it would be the kiss of death given my track record - 2 hurricanes, a nor’easter, 2 - 100 year floods, a forest fire - all within 20 months!! I can visit but ya don’t want me to stay too long :00008172:

Bill Martin is this better .....

The first pic was 3pm just as we arrived from GA and Ida was cresting the mountain. This is the next morning as we where heading out to AL.

Might just end up a bit South of you in a couple years, Seems we find ourselves back there every year but I don't know if I can handle all you Yankees year round.

............ angel-squared

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• You would be fine with us “Yankees” - I found the learning curve from coonass to hillbilly is almost a straight line - just wish they would quit telling me —- I —- talk funny :00008172:

• Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

• The orange clown is still very much the heart and soul of the modern GOP. 🤡 And there are many more clowns waiting it the wings. 🎪

Slingblade , again with the name calling. You just cant carry on an intelligent arguement. Really not very indicative of an intelligent individual. It doesnt take a very smart individual to call names, make fun of people, or shout someone down to try and prove a point. There are people on this thread that would love to have an open, intelligent debate on issues that have you pants in a bunch, try it, you may like it.

• Slingblade , again with the name calling. You just cant carry on an intelligent arguement. Really not very indicative of an intelligent individual. It doesnt take a very smart individual to call names, make fun of people, or shout someone down to try and prove a point. There are people on this thread that would love to have an open, intelligent debate on issues that have you pants in a bunch, try it, you may like it.

Sparcky

I appreciate your willingness and ability to have an intelligent conversation in a tough room so am curious, you asked several times in the past about why people with alternative views don't seem to participate in this thread very often. If you have been following our newest contrarian what are your thoughts on his approach. Beyond the entertainment value do you think this tactic is effective or advances the debate. I personally think it just galvanizes the opposition but am truly interested in your thoughts.

........ nerd-squared

• Its impossible to have an intelligent debate with a person who can only repeat the talking points others have told them.

Having an intelligent debate requires that both sides have a working understanding of the subject being discussed

If you can't even tell a person exactly what an "assault weapon" is except by telling them what someone else told you right off the bat you have proven you do not have enough knowledge on the subject to talk about it intelligently.

This is is not intended as any kind of put down or insult, its simply fact - - you can't intelligently debate subjects without having an in-depth knowledge of that subject - - I would never attempt to debate something like what type of surgery is best for a particular cancer - - I am not qualified, And someone who can not lay out the specifics of exactly what an "assault weapon" is clearly should not enter into a debate on that subject.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL