Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Do people not understand the it's not a pandemic anymore it's an endemic. COVID is the flu and the common cold it will keep mutating. Like the cold and flu every year we will get a new strain. Maybe my opinion but that seems to be how it's playing out. Vax no vax it ain't going to matter. We will be living with this for the rest of our lives.

• I know people who are vaxed got COVID both mild and bad. I know people unvaxed like myself who got it bad and who got it mild. My wife it vaxed I choose not to. I had COVID. symptoms started black Friday and it kicked my ass for 3 weeks. It's was scary as hell. My wife begged to take me to the hospital. I said no i die here or recover and by the grace of God I did. I don't know what the answer is but I'm living life any carrying on. But I will not live scared. And it was the second time I had it.

• Do people not understand the it's not a pandemic anymore it's an endemic. COVID is the flu and the common cold it will keep mutating. Like the cold and flu every year we will get a new strain. Maybe my opinion but that seems to be how it's playing out. Vax no vax it ain't going to matter. We will be living with this for the rest of our lives.

yes it may stay with us forever, coming back year after year in new and different forms, and like the flu they may recommend annual Covid vaccinations

One thing that may also remain is the fact that unvaccinated people are much much more likely to die or suffer permanent, life altering, damage to their bodies

Seriously - I know 100’s of people who got vaccinated and none of them have suffered any major illness from Covid, I also know a handful of people who refused or could not get the vaccine, of that handful 2 have died, one is currently in the hospital and likely to die and the others have not yet caught the virus

This is not media info, it is not political - - its just the numbers from my own personal experience with the people I know and it tells me that the vaccines do in fact provide serious protection from serious illness and / or hospitalization

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I know people who are vaxed got COVID both mild and bad. I know people unvaxed like myself who got it bad and who got it mild. My wife it vaxed I choose not to. I had COVID. symptoms started black Friday and it kicked my ass for 3 weeks. It's was scary as hell. My wife begged to take me to the hospital. I said no i die here or recover and by the grace of God I did. I don't know what the answer is but I'm living life any carrying on. But I will not live scared. And it was the second time I had it.

Chad glad your up and kicking... Happy 2022..

To me its not a matter of living scared or not living scared - - To me its a matter of living smart or not living smart

And letting the media and politicians impact our medical decisions in my opinion is not living smart.

Regardless of how one feels about this, this post proves that if you get the bug you will not be immune from getting it again... The old herd immunity just went out the window so to speak...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Regardless of how one feels about this, this post proves that if you get the bug you will not be immune from getting it again... The old herd immunity just went out the window so to speak...

as you say, heard immunity from getting the virus may not be obtainable, probably never was considering nothing in nature is ever 100% perfect, But the possibility of gaining a good degree of immunity from the virus causing sever illness and/or death that is still very much on the table

So far it seems as if the vaccines do provide a great deal of protection from death / hospitalization - - - I find it very interesting that some people seem to want to dismiss the vaccines because they are not 100% perfect - - and the fact is there has never been any vaccine that was - - yet despite the imperfection of vaccines there is a very long list of illnesses that have for practical purposes been eradicated with vaccines

Actually I think the biggest thing that we have now that is hampering the efforts to end this are the media and social media - - if these things did not exist and people only got their information on this from their doctors we would be in a much better place than we are now

• Another big what if? The federal Gov should think much harder about strong-arming industry and people to change course before it's ready to approach in a safe responsible manner. Just think at the logistics that would have been involved if these cars were electric.

I-95 Ice Storm Overnight Traffic Jam – Imagine you were Stuck in an EV – Iowa Climate Science Education

• I know to you any report is "misinformation" but I encourage to look at the other side of the coin with an objective mind. There are plenty of reports like this, just not on Google :)

https://peckford42.wordpress.c…-is-all-lies-all-made-up/

https://www.worldtribune.com/c…g-in-vaccinated-patients/

https://www.tehrantimes.com/ne…-problems-and-controversy

Now I get it, to you every single report talking about the dangers of the vaccines is "misinformation". But i do want you to have in mind that right now, in the main social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Youtube) ANYTHING reported regarding Vaccine deaths or side effects is being actively silenced with the excuse of "misinformation and propaganda". Anything that questions vaccines or reports from actual healthcare workers just gets completely shutdown as well. Even if you dont want to believe there are indeed many things that can go wrong with these mRNA vaccines, especially long term, you should at least question the motive for the mass silencing and blocking of accounts questioning the vaccines OR reports of deaths and complications. Heck just recently Youtube and Twitter censored a very informative video of the CREATOR of mRNA vaccines talking about the potential dangers of it and long term issues that can arise. Good luck to you, nothing can possibly make you think objectively at this point.

• how many people do you know personally who got the Covid vaccine and had serious side effects or then got Covid and died?

I know of very many people who have been vaccinated and not one who had any serious side effects and none who actually got Covid and had anything other than very mild symptoms

that is personal experience it doesn’t come from hearing or reading things that I can not personally verify

I also know of a very small number of people who didn’t get vaccinated and of that number 2 who got Covid before a vaccine became available to them who both died, one a hard core anti vax person I worked with who is now dying in the hospital and another 2 who are fine

Again this is real people I know and outcomes I can personally verify

I really don’t see any point in reading links to information that I have to trust is true. Both sides in the vaccination discussion have proven they are willing to lie and spread misinformation as such how can I trust it?

so I will ask again - how many people do you know who were harmed by the vaccine? And do you know any who were vaccinated and then got Covid and ended up seriously I’ll or dying?

seriously look around at what you can see and stop trusting anyone trying to sell you what you can’t see

• You are right I "personally" do not know anyone who has died of the vaccine directly or at least linked to the vaccine but then again my circle of friends and inmediate family is very small. You are basing this off people you personally know, so I will assume you personally have heard/know of thousands or millions of people personally? If you are talking about a few family members, friends or stories you hear on the street then this is not enough data to form any objective opinion on the vaccine safety, far from it. I ask you again, let's assume for one second the vaccines (long term) are actually 100% safe and nothing has to be hidden. Why so much censoring and blocking of accounts and silencing? And many of these individuals are physicians, scientists and legit healthcare providers. If you have Spotify, I would ask that you watch the full interview of Joe Rogan with Dr. Malone, its basically the only place where it is still available, for now that is. NOT to make you distrust the vaccine WE have gotten, but to learn some new things about it from one of the main scientists who worked on this new technology they call mRNA. Also, I look at both sides of the equation, I have read the good, the bad and the ugly about the vaccines. Rather than only focusing on the positives, dont you think its wise to be AWARE of the possible long term effects of this? I mean you do have grandkids I assume? I dont, but I know damn well if i did have kids and grandkids I would want to know the possible dangers or long term effects of this rushed technology used in this vaccines. I know you believe both sides spread lies, that is true, but only one side is censoring people for talking about it on public forums. This is fundamentally dangerous at the very least for our free speech in our country, at worst they don't want the masses to know something.

What it is, I do not know.

• I am guessing that some of those articles, (I read a couple but not all) are forgetting that work has been being done on Coronaviruses since 1965... (Scientists first identified a human coronavirus in 1965. It caused a common cold. Later that decade, researchers found a group of similar human and animal viruses and named them after their crown-like appearance. Seven coronaviruses can infect humans.) Yes, these vaccines (since China, Russia, and several other countries make their own variation of vaccines) were rapidly manufactured but not without research.

Are they 100 percent safe... no.. No vaccine ever produced it 100 percent safe...but to follow the logic that is being presented, the world isn't going to turn into the planet of the apes from the virus, it will be from the vaccine... again since not just the U.S. is using mRNA vaccines.. most of the world is. So, the main thing I am reading is that the mRNA "could" be an issue... If that is the case why aren't people trying J&J (with a more traditional approach using piece of virus DNA and attaching it to adenovirus)? I got a Swine flu shot and am one of the lucky people who developed GBS (Gullian Barre Syndrom) from that shot so I have first hand knowledge about vaccine safety.

I understand that ones beliefs are individual but here are some links that are not journalistic pieces...:

https://www.who.int/initiative…of-vaccine-prod-countries

https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/covid-19-vaccine-race (interesting that scientists all over the WORLD are trying)

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/how-fluvaccine-made.htm (I have never in my life seen the furor over a flu vaccine as I have over the covid vaccine)

I will close with the thought that I will not change your view and you will not change my view. We all believe what we want to believe. Like the John Mayer song says.. "Is there anyone who really remembers, changing their mind from paint on a sign? Is there anyone who really recalls ever breaking ranks at all for something someone yelled real loud one time?"

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• You are spot on about this. They you have all of the Lemin's that believe everything that the government is putting out with no questions asked. If the government is blocking information, then there is something that they do not want us to know and that is enough for me