Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• So, from that definition, Religions of all kinds are Cancel Culture, BLM is cancel culture, Antifa is cancel culture...KKK is cancel culture and so on... Green Peace is cancel culture am I getting that correct from that definition? I am still trying to get the difference between that and boycott.... sounds to me like it is just a new way of saying the same thing... like manic depression is now called bi-polar...

Yep, that is my take.

• Here’s a writeup on the difference. Author credit is shown in the pic, followed by a cut & paste of his full answer. This seems to be an astute & accurate depiction of the difference...

A boycott is a call on individuals or organizations to refuse to patronize a commercial business as long as it engages in some objectionable practice. Typically the practice is something that the company engages in willingly and knowingly (but not necessarily openly) for the sake of business (profit). By collective denying it business, the boycotters seek to reduce the company’s profits until it stops the practice in order to regain the customers. Once that happens, typically the boycott is called off. The goal is not to drive the company out of business, it is to cease the objectionable practice.

Cancel culture is a call on organizations to terminate the financial sustenance (e.g., fire employees, stop hiring entertainers for gigs) or means of communication (removing from media platforms) of individuals who have done something objectionable. The objectionable thing may be an expressed opinion, or a statement made or action performed in the past. The act may have been unintentional, the person may have been unaware that it was objectionable, or it may be something that was not widely considered objectionable at the time. Since it is a past act, clearly the intention is not to return to favor by stopping the objectionable thing, it is to permanently punish and shun the transgressor.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Here’s a writeup on the difference. Author credit is shown in the pic, followed by a cut & paste of his full answer. This seems to be an astute & accurate depiction of the difference...

A boycott is a call on individuals or organizations to refuse to patronize a commercial business as long as it engages in some objectionable practice. Typically the practice is something that the company engages in willingly and knowingly (but not necessarily openly) for the sake of business (profit). By collective denying it business, the boycotters seek to reduce the company’s profits until it stops the practice in order to regain the customers. Once that happens, typically the boycott is called off. The goal is not to drive the company out of business, it is to cease the objectionable practice.

Cancel culture is a call on organizations to terminate the financial sustenance (e.g., fire employees, stop hiring entertainers for gigs) or means of communication (removing from media platforms) of individuals who have done something objectionable. The objectionable thing may be an expressed opinion, or a statement made or action performed in the past. The act may have been unintentional, the person may have been unaware that it was objectionable, or it may be something that was not widely considered objectionable at the time. Since it is a past act, clearly the intention is not to return to favor by stopping the objectionable thing, it is to permanently punish and shun the transgressor.

You once again proved I used "cancel culture" correctly. You don't have to keep proving me right.

Kapernick wasn't shunned and his firing demanded by "snowflakes". Bubba being shamed and told to leave NASCAR wasn't done by "snowflakes". ;)

• Shoulda gotten his hair done....

You know its kind of hard for me to feel bad for this kid when he was warned not to show up and was told if he did he would be arrested - - - I assume he was trying to make some kind of political statement - and I guess he has succeeded, but just like any protester you take your chances, especially when you protest on private property.

As a side note - what kind of sick kid goes to school when there are no classes being held?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

I guess I am old, but it sounds like you say potato I say potaaatoe... just a new phrase to accomplish the same goal... but what ever.... I am boycotting cancel culture... Now there is a mouthful.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• democratic play book is exactly like Hitlers ......show this to all your democratic friends...

UPDATE....

I sent this to my heavy democrat girlfriend ....

she said......they don’t feel that way....Stop....

Typical Democratic denial....and you know who she’s going to vote for because they have been brainwashed.....

• You know its kind of hard for me to feel bad for this kid when he was warned not to show up and was told if he did he would be arrested - - - I assume he was trying to make some kind of political statement - and I guess he has succeeded, but just like any protester you take your chances, especially when you protest on private property.

As a side note - what kind of sick kid goes to school when there are no classes being held?

Perhaps you missed my NANCY connotation.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎