Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I like that idea if we could pull it off - these poor people are so brainwashed into believing this little SOB is a God I just don't know if they would rise up against him. That certainly would be one of the least costly in lives!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• It's funny how the fake news people only publish one side of any subject and take great pride in their opinions even when the facts don't support it. It's time to read a factual account of the past by someone who has actually studied Robert E Lee and his family's history. Please read as I'm sure the majority of people did not realize these facts

This summary is taken from Robin Palmer, who majored in American history at the University of Oklahoma. The summary is based on facts for this person does great research without any bias; Kudos Robin Palmer

Your history lesson for the day

Robert E Lee was married to George Washington's granddaughter. He
    worked with Grant during the Mexican-American war and became a decorated war hero defending this country He believed slavery was a great evil and his wife broke the law by teaching slaves to read and write. After the civil war he worked with Andrew Johnson's program of reconstruction.

He became very popular with the northern states and the Barracks at West Point were named in his honor in 1962. He was a great man who served this country his entire life in some form or other. His memorial is now being called a blight. No American military veteran should be treated as such. People keep yelling, "You can't change history." Sadly you can. This is no better than book burning. ISIS tried rewriting history by destroying historical artifacts. Is that really who we want to emulate?

As they tear down this "blight" keep these few historical facts in your mind. No military veteran and highly decorated war hero should ever be treated as such. This is not Iraq and that is not a statue of Sadam.

IN ADDITION:: Lee was also very torn about the prospect of the South leaving the
    Union. His wife's grandfather George Washington was a huge influence on him. He
    believed that ultimately, states rights trumped the federal government and chose
    to lead the Southern army. His estate, Arlington, near Washington DC was his
    home and while away fighting the war, the federal government demanded that Lee
    himself pay his taxes in person. He sent his wife but the money was not accepted
    from a woman. When he could not pay the taxes, the government began burying dead
    Union soldiers on his land. The government is still burying people there today.
    It is now called Arlington National Cemetery.

Do you want to tear that up also?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I just heard on the radio that a group of Native Americans filed suit in Federal court regarding the naming of the NFL team the Washington Redskins. The suit states that the name is offensive and suggests the name be changed to the Redskins,

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• An Alabama Pastor Rumored To Be A Ku KluxKlan Member

AnAlabama pastor said to his congregation, "Someone in this congregation hasspread a rumor that I belong to the Ku Klux Klan. This is a horrible lie andone which a Christian community cannot tolerate. I am embarrassed and donot intend to accept this. Now, I want the party who said this to stand and askforgiveness from God and this Christian family." No one moved.
    Thepreacher continued, "Do you have the nerve to face me and admit this is afalsehood? Remember, you will be forgiven and in your heart you will feelglory. Now stand and confess your transgression." Again, all wasquiet.
    Then,slowly, a drop-dead gorgeous blonde with a body that would stop a runaway trainrose from the third pew. Her head was bowed and her voice quivered as shespoke, "Reverend there has been a terrible misunderstanding I never saidyou were a member of the Ku Klux Klan. I simply told a couple of my friendsthat you were a wizard under the sheets."
    Thepreacher fell to his knees, his wife fainted, and the congregation roared.
    Lifeis short, smile while you still have teeth, give me an Amen