Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• You are going to need more popcorn than that! As if Donald Trump didn’t have enough legal problems and bad juju, now he has another headache to deal with: a lawsuit filed yesterday in federal court in New York accusing him (along with billionaire Jeffrey Epstein) of raping a 13 year old girl in 1994 at a party at Epstein’s place. The allegations are quite lurid, and reek of similar underage-sex-slavery charges made against Epstein. The lawsuit itself is not that likely to go very far; it appears to be a rehash of a suit previously dismissed in California. The statute of limitations has long since run out, requiring the “Jane Doe” plaintiff to offer creative arguments for why she should be able to bring this up now. That said, there’s no statute of limitations in politics. Is there anything to this? We know, on the one hand, that nasty truths come out about political figures every campaign season. As a thrice-married admitted adulterer, Trump’s history doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence in this area, from bragging about bedding married women to his comments to Howard Stern about watching Paris Hilton’s sex tape to his weird habit of commenting on the sex appeal of his own daughter to embracing convicted rapist Mike Tyson to defending Bill Clinton himself in his sex scandals in the 1990s, just to pick a few examples. We know, on the other hand, that bogus sex scandals follow just about everyone who makes it to the national level in politics. Offhand, I believe Mitt Romney may have been the only major party nominee the past 25 years who never had anybody in the press try to shop a sex scandal story (real or bogus) about him. Voters mostly gave the benefit of the doubt to Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio when flimsy sex stories were run against them in the primaries. Trump’s great wealth and messy public personal life make him a big target for this sort of thing. Sometimes, we have to just look at the facts we have and use our judgment.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/…ein-rape-13-year-old-girl

• @Sling Beast let the polls tighten up and Election Day draws nearer the liberal media will begin to report that Trump farted during the Pledge of Alligance in grammar school making him unfit to be President. Never underestimate the depths of the liberal media!
    PS Trump is an adulterer??? - Slick Willie and Hillary protecting him certainly comes to mind

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• @Sling Beast let the polls tighten up and Election Day draws nearer the liberal media will begin to report that Trump farted during the Pledge of Alligance in grammar school making him unfit to be President. Never underestimate the depths of the liberal media!
    PS Trump is an adulterer??? - Slick Willie and Hillary protecting him certainly comes to mind

So are you saying theses allegations are not true? Some folks are talking about throwing Hillary in jail for her e-mails, so do you think Donald needs to in prison with Big Bubba?

• Some folks are talking about throwing Hillary in jail for her e-mails

No,,,, they are talking about throwing her in jail for violating government secrecy standards, destroying evidence in a federal investigation, and lying to the FBI and Justice department ... that e-mail was the vehicle to this end is trivial ...

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• DKF, if you have never seen Trump show disrespect to our military you must have slept through his insulting the heroic service of John McCain and the Gold Star family during and after the Democratic convention. After being shot down by the most deadly and sophisticated AAA the world has ever known over North Vietnam his captors, as a propaganda move, offered to release him because his father was an Admiral. He refused to leave his fellow POWs and endured years of torture for his courage.
    Then he grossly insulted the immigrant family whose son, Captain Khan, gave his life for his fellow troops when checking security on his day off. How that is acceptable to anyone on this forum who claims to love this country I can't fathom. I was in then out of the war in SE Asia while Mr. McCain was languishing in conditions we can never really imagine.
    I don't care much for Hillary Clinton but I can't for the life of me see how any veteran or even those who claim to support them even consider Donald Trump worthy of being the Commander in Chief.

Mr. Hatch,
    1st and foremost I apologize. I would never intentionally show disrespect to a veteran or any honorably serving military member....ever! I truly hope you and any other member of the military accept my most humble apology.
    Danna

• I grew up in a centrist Republican family and that informed my choices since the fifties. At this point, however, I don't care if it comes out that Bill and Hillary stopped off at the Government Printing Office after killing Vince Foster so they could forge Obamas' birth certificate. I have as much Obama fatigue as anyone, but one can vehemently disagree with policies, the right to do so our most cherished one, without stooping to the level of demonization we have all witnessed over the last few years. When I read things like SCUM OF THE EARTH with multiple exclamation points I see it as the written equivalent of shouting the same thing. I hope to hell such posters would never say that to any woman, or man, to their face.
    Let's keep in perspective what unites us in this forum and as a nation. We have far, far more in common with each other than this thread has shown lately. I have witnessed and experienced firsthand the camaraderie among fellow sling owners face to face, and a little too much bitterness anonymously. I can be as snarky as anybody else so I speak not only to you but to a mirror. Let's all try to keep from becoming the Polarized Slingshot community.

• I grew up in a centrist Republican family and that informed my choices since the fifties. At this point, however, I don't care if it comes out that Bill and Hillary stopped off at the Government Printing Office after killing Vince Foster so they could forge Obamas' birth certificate. I have as much Obama fatigue as anyone, but one can vehemently disagree with policies, the right to do so our most cherished one, without stooping to the level of demonization we have all witnessed over the last few years. When I read things like SCUM OF THE EARTH with multiple exclamation points I see it as the written equivalent of shouting the same thing. I hope to hell such posters would never say that to any woman, or man, to their face.
    Let's keep in perspective what unites us in this forum and as a nation. We have far, far more in common with each other than this thread has shown lately. I have witnessed and experienced firsthand the camaraderie among fellow sling owners face to face, and a little too much bitterness anonymously. I can be as snarky as anybody else so I speak not only to you but to a mirror. Let's all try to keep from becoming the Polarized Slingshot community.

very well said. We are one.......

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• @Andy Hatch these 2 candidates are both so flawed how can you not poke fun and negative memes about them. I have not seen anyone get personal and I truly believe that Hillary will be worse for the country than Trump. At this point what Trump will do may be questionable but Hillary is a known. I am quite sure that if there was another viable candidate we probably all could consider them. I think all of us here are old enough with life experiences to come to an intelligent decision on who we think is right to run the country. We are not college age, save the world, don't know crap, insult your opinion type crowd. IMHO I think any malice is directed solely at the candidates and not at anyone commenting in this thread. Politics and religion are explosive topics but EVERYONE has been extremely civil throughout this entire thread regardless of who you support.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it