Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I feel for the people that were brought here as kids, some were never told they weren’t born here. Some didn’t try to become citizens because they thought they already were! I would be willing to allow them a path to citizenship, but I think that should be tied to the wall being built! The wall won’t stop it all but it will make a significant cut.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Info

I have no problem with this .... the problem I have is giving their parents (and eventually their grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, ad infinitum ....) ...who knew they where breaking the law, legal status ..... which is what the Dems want (demand) ...

IMO it should be the dreamers, only the dreamers, with no attachments..... ability to sponsor others .... guarantees... or line jumping over those who have already spent years working through the system legally ....

Get it done, cut the chain, build the wall, and cancel the lottery or we will be right back here in a few years

....... politician-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I'm very hard nosed about illegals but we cannot send these Daca people back to a country they have no idea about. Immigration is a mess. I think we need to stop chain migration, go to merit based, end the lottery and end all immigration for the short term. We need the wall and when all this is done and stable expedite those who have been waiting in line obeying the law and if they meet the new criteria grant them access based on quotas.

• I'm very hard nosed about illegals but we cannot send these Daca people back to a country they have no idea about. Immigration is a mess. I think we need to stop chain migration, go to merit based, end the lottery and end all immigration for the short term. We need the wall and when all this is done and stable expedite those who have been waiting in line obeying the law and if they meet the new criteria grant them access based on quotas.

I agree with this! The only emigration till the wall is build is asylum,and merit based( special skills)! Need to eliminate chain based immigration and sponsorship immigration

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• We allow a set amount of visas from other countries each year. Why not give visas to those qualified dreamers and deduct them from the allotments for their home country? Set a time limit for becoming citizens (through the normal process) or be returned to their country of origin.

• Republicans full steam ahead on surveillance memo release despite DOJ rebuke | Fox News

I personally think that IF it does contain information that would reveal trade secrets and methods of gathering intel, it shouldn't be released.

If it is released, take it with a grain-boulder of salt as it is a Republican written piece told from one far leaning position.

If it's released and the Dems release their counter "memo", the same grain-boulder of salt should be taken. This too would be a far leaning skewed view of the truth. :)

• I personally think that IF it does contain information that would reveal trade secrets and methods of gathering intel, it shouldn't be released.

Here is where a bit of procedural information comes in handy ...

While some of the information is still considered classified since it names names so all are bound to secrecy ... references to sources and methods had to be redacted to release it to all members of the House if they choose to view it .... reason being no Senator or Representative is required to have security clearance unless they sit on certain committees ... many have none at all ..... its a delicate balancing act.....

Currently work on background and corroborating information that can be released along with the memo but still maintain security is being done ..... without searchable public (or declassified) source material I agree .. its about useless as a non political document ....

I do think its funny the DOJ and FBI are pushing to see it before release .... guess they forget they work for us with oversight provided by Congress .... not the other way round .....

...... nerd-squared

EDIT: The above also shows why Mr. Schiff's statements that it is without merit since it does not contain source and background info is disingenuous and misleading .... he knows full well why it doesn't .... yet ....

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• Are the DOJ and FBI pushing to see it, or the DEMS pushing for the DOJ and FBI to review it? I thought it was the latter. Typical partisan politics from both sides, either way.

Well obviously the republicans want to lord it over everyone and release it on their own terms and go nana nana boo boo the whole time. They’re all spoiled children. Everyone in Washington is.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Are the DOJ and FBI pushing to see it, or the DEMS pushing for the DOJ and FBI to review it?

Both are true ..........

However I agree with the the reply to requests:

""Agencies that are under investigation by congressional committees don't typically get access to the committees' investigative documents about them, and it's no surprise these agencies don't want the abuses we've found to be made public,"

-Jack Langer (Committee spokesman for Representative Devin Nunes)

• It isn’t quite as simple as that. First you have to be LEGALY in the US with a Green Card. Then you start the application process by sending in the application and a check for about $750. Now wait to be called in to have your finger prints and photo taken, pay out another $175. Study your heart out. Wait, wait, wait some more. After a year get a letter telling you to drive across the country for an interview and the test. Now, wait, wait, wait some more. Finally be told that you passed and have been accepted for citizenship. Now wait for a citizenship ceremony locating and date. Go get sworn in. Now, start receiving e-mails that your application is still under review.

That is what my wife just went through. Expensive and nerve wracking.

DECA kids cannot even begin the process because they have no papers allowing them to be here do they can’t even begin the process. If they did start it they would be subject to deportation. They are in a Catch 22 position.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• The American people don't typically get access to congressional committee investigative documents, until, you know, a case has been settled for over a year.

Oh and smart guy Jack Langer, won't the FBI see it if it goes public.

Sounds like a lot of side mouth speak.

• :REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• So, since everyone works for as. I want all our cool new high tech gadgets, planes, ships, computers, lasers, radars, satellites and other "black project" stuff revealed to me. I posted for it! They work for me! Oh, and Roswell, spill the beans. Aliens or no aliens. That is our payed for research. Give it all up, no more secrets. ?(

Just wondering where the line is @Orangeman.

• So, since everyone works for as. I want all our cool new high tech gadgets, planes, ships, computers, lasers, radars, satellites and other "black project" stuff revealed to me. I posted for it! They work for me! Oh, and Roswell, spill the beans. Aliens or no aliens. That is our payed for research. Give it all up, no more secrets. ?(

Just wondering where the line is @Orangeman.

Reductio ad absurdum ..... :rolleyes:

Lobby your representatives for it .... whatever they vote to release is yours .....