Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I think the bill will provide a boost to the US economy in the short-term ~> but long-term (lets say in 2 years), that boost would dissipate and any GDP growth will fade. In the meantime, I’ll be shifting around some of my portfolio to agressive stocks before the national debt balloons.

*IMHO (and purely from an economics perspective), this bill is one giant <see pic> for America:

“BEFORE THE NATIONAL DEBT BALLOONS”???

How could it possibly be worse than the Obama years???? The debt already exploded under poor liberal leadership - the bar for Trump has really been set pretty low - but you are right - the time is NOW to make a shit ton of money in the market - something unseen for the last 8 years!!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

Playing the long game ......

Short term massive growth (under the current deal)

Since not a single democrat had the balls to join in (I am disappointed with Manchin) Republicans win a super majority in 2018 then change the deal permanently to what they REALLY wanted it to be ......

Then the HUGE work starts ....

Change the structure of the Federal gov'ment for at least the next couple decades and Judiciary for the next generation ...

Conservatives maintain (and grow) control in 2020 ....

The far left shrivels, moderates of both.. (maybe three)... parties become the norm again, the US prospers, earns, regains, and grows its status..... bigly..... the curse of the Romans is broken (or at least put off another few generations) ....

BAD TRUMP !

.......... santa-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited 3 times, last by Orangeman ().

• https://youtu.be/iwqbuus8QPU

The King says it all !!! :thumbsup:

• BEFORE THE NATIONAL DEBT BALLOONS

There is no argument that the national debt skyrocketed during the Obama years... and yes, we do need better tax reform (I agree with you on that). BUT, when I say ballon ~> the bill is not going to pay for itself (I’m guessing about 2 trillion across 5 to 10 years). Further, it’s built largely on an assumption that companies will (in their good conscience) reinvest in CAPEX infrastructure, and not just do stock buybacks.

*If you were a company already running successfully in today’s lean economy, what would you do? Would you ~> Please the shareholders (or) reinvest in America? Just trying to think objectively outside of politics for a minute...

IF, companies solely pull profit ~> the debt would be far worse than anything Obama has ever done. Thing is, Trump just handed the keys over for large corporations to do just that!

Either way, I plan on profiting from all this because there’s ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO but ride it out.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I cannot disagree with much you said @ericastar76 A point overlooked by many ney sayers is large corporations fiduciary duty is to the stockholder...not the employees. If the business friendly aspects of this bill open the door for companies to expand thusly expanding profits....THEY WILL ... then in comes increased wages and a strong workforce ..only time will tell!!

• I have a BS in Economics and worked on Wall Street during the roaring 90’s ~> politics aside ~> if you do one thing in all of this: BUY BUY BUY NOOOOOW!!!

*it’s going to be a free-for-all next year... I mean, just think of all the easy mod-money to be had!! :thumbsup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I have a BS in Economics and worked on Wall Street during the roaring 90’s ~> politics aside ~> if you do one thing in all of this: BUY BUY BUY NOOOOOW!!!

*it’s going to be a free-for-all next year... I mean, just think of all the easy mod-money to be had!! :thumbsup:

I’m with ya Sis - already moved from very conservative to aggressive on my portfolio - time to make up for the last 8 years !!!

• @Bill Martin I have one of those good jobs. I don't pay for my Cadillac plan. People that buy gas do, since my wages come from the gas tax.

Talk to me in three years in regards to all your speculations.

I want a tax Bill that cuts our national debt, based on your response that makes me a Democrat. ?( This whole "the Dems did it, the Reps did it" thing is killing our country. Everybody wants to do the same shitty thing the last people did, and we just keep sinking lower. Patriots? That's laughable.

• Patriots? That's laughable.

No way brah!!
    Steelers sat on their thumbs while the review took place. Patriots played until the gun sounded! Watch the video, Steelers playing on the field standing still, on that last play. Big Ben panicked, and threw it into triple coverage. Pats weren't lucky, Steelers shot themselves in the foot by not having a play called!!!
    ****GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!****
    (Wait a second.........where the hell am I???!!!) :00008356::00008356::00008356::00008356::00008356::00008172::00008172::00008172::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• “BEFORE THE NATIONAL DEBT BALLOONS”???
    How could it possibly be worse than the Obama years???? The debt already exploded under poor liberal leadership - the bar for Trump has really been set pretty low - but you are right - the time is NOW to make a shit ton of money in the market - something unseen for the last 8 years!!!

Obama did more to ease the unemployed than any president in history - including TRUMP. When Barrack Hussein Obama was president HIS family had FULL employment with government jobs. Some of those jobs didn't even require them to actually WORK - just sit home and wait for their monthly check.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Only if I can confiscate Sterling's McNabb jersey until he's old enough to be told that the Patriots kicked butt on your Eagles in Superbowl XXXIX

3 points is hardly "kicked butt", plus T.O. was playing broken and still put up great numbers against what New England calls a defense. :D

Hey, you may be able to explain to Sterling how The Pats may beat The Eagles by three points in the Superbowl one year and a decade later get trounced by over 20 points by the Eagles in the Superbowl. :thumbsup: I hope we get the rematch, for both of us.

• Time will tell my friend. They did kick butt, but as you pointed out with the 3 point comment, some people have smaller butts than others. Besides, the Patriots in this decade have only lost to the Giants because of two freak plays or Brady would have 7 Super Bowl rings already. How many rings have the Eagles received? :):):)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• The Anti-Blonde Joke

A blonde walks into a bank in New York City and asks for the Loanofficer.
    She says she's going to Europe on business for two weeks and needs to borrow$5,000.
    The bank officer says the bank will need some kind Of security for the loan, sothe blonde hands over the keys to a new Mercedes Benz SL 500.
    The car is parked on the street in front of the bank, she has the title andeverything checks out. The bank agrees to accept the car collateral for theloan
    The bank's president and its officers all enjoy a good laugh at The blond forusing a $110,000 Benz as collateral against a $5,000 loan.
    An employee of the bank then proceeds to drive the Benz into the bank'sunderground garage and parks it there. Two weeks later, the blonde returns,repays the $5,000 and the interest, which comes to $15.41.
    The loan officer says, "Miss, we are very happy to have had your business,and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we are a little puzzled.While you were away, we checked you out and found that you are amultimillionaire.
    What puzzles us is, why would you bother to borrow $5,000?"
    The blonde replies, "Where else in New York City can I park my Car for twoweeks for only $15.41 and expect it to be there when I return?"

• Had a little discussion with a liberal friend. He was bashing Roy Moore and his supporters for contesting the election he lost. I simply asked him who his President was? He said F... You and walked away. I think I pulled something laughing.