Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• @Zorasmiles
    Serving in the military is just a job in the same manner the difference in racial problems is just skin pigment.
    There are s lot on this forum who know my character. I usually stay away from posting on this thread because everyone has an opinion that is very important to them. I usually don't post unless someone is aragant and calls out another member personally in a public forum. And by the way, if you were to every know me you would find out I am one that will do what ever I can to help others out.....even you.
    Happy posting!

• Now @Zorasmiles - term limits - that something I can get on board with. I am of the opinion that career politicians are one of the biggest problems on the political landscape today. The Mitch McConnels, Nancy Pelosis and such are all dinosaurs that are so entrenched in their leftist & rightest ideology that the country can never move forward. Give em no more than 8 years just like the President- then put em out to pasture!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• @Zorasmiles
    Serving in the military is just a job in the same manner the difference in racial problems is just skin pigment.
    There are s lot on this forum who know my character. I usually stay away from posting on this thread because everyone has an opinion that is very important to them. I usually don't post unless someone is aragant and calls out another member personally in a public forum. And by the way, if you were to every know me you would find out I am one that will do what ever I can to help others out.....even you.
    Happy posting!

I will second that and the same here. But there is always someone out there that just wants to stir the pot!

• I've only been on this forum since March I think. I believe I can count over a dozen people that has personally told me @Slingrazor has helped them in some way. That's in person now. I live in Illinois he lives in Arkansas. I met him for three mins in Indy and was chatting with him some questions and he was like let's have a wrench day I would be more than happy to come up and help. Just like others I know on this forum Trent @Slingrazor is just a hell of a guy. I had exhaust problems which he predicted by the way I text him he answers and give advice. I have my own family that wouldn't respond that quick. Don't no why I'm typing all this but just want to let you know how I and lots of others feel about Trent @Slingrazor.

• (sigh). There already are term limits, they happen every 2 years for the House, and every 6 years for the Senate -- they're called elections. The problem is "we the people" who (and hey, doesn't this cover a lot of topics) don't actually DO anything to vote them out. And besides, other than increasing the cost we spend on our government (realize that no matter how short a term they serve, they get the good health insurance and some kind of pension plan for life), ineptitude is ineptitude and ignorance is still ignorance. If "we the people" are too ignorant to vote them out, then we deserve the government we get.

• The Blonde

A young ventriloquist is touring Sweden and, one night,he's doing a show in asmall fishing town.
    With his dummy on his knee, he starts going throughhis customary dumb-blonde jokes.

Suddenly, a blonde woman in the fourth row stands onher chair and starts shouting, "I've heard enough of your stupid blondejokes. What makes you think you can stereotype Swedish blonde women that way?What does the color of a woman's hair have to do with her worth as a humanbeing? It's men like you who keep women like me from being respected at workand in the community, and from reaching our full potential as people. It'speople like you that make others think that all blondes are dumb! You and yourkind continue to perpetuate discrimination against not only Blondes, but womenin general . . pathetically, all in the name of humor!"

When the embarrassed ventriloquist begins toapologize, the blonde shouts . . . "You stay out of this. I'm talking tothat little shit on your lap."

The Lighter side ...

• (sigh). There already are term limits, they happen every 2 years for the House, and every 6 years for the Senate -- they're called elections. The problem is "we the people" who (and hey, doesn't this cover a lot of topics) don't actually DO anything to vote them out. And besides, other than increasing the cost we spend on our government (realize that no matter how short a term they serve, they get the good health insurance and some kind of pension plan for life), ineptitude is ineptitude and ignorance is still ignorance. If "we the people" are too ignorant to vote them out, then we deserve the government we get.

Agreed - BUT - the longer they stay in power the more power and influence they obtain the harder they are to get rid of. Case and point - the Dems really want to oust Pelosi but can’t because she is just too powerful - if they know they only have a limited time to get something done rather than make all the deals possible to ensure funding to win another election - maybe the citizens may become a priority again!!

• Agreed - BUT - the longer they stay in power the more power and influence they obtain the harder they are to get rid of. Case and point - the Dems really want to oust Pelosi but can’t because she is just too powerful - if they know they only have a limited time to get something done rather than make all the deals possible to ensure funding to win another election - maybe the citizens may become a priority again!!

Pelosi is just too powerful? Is she a witch that can lobotomize her followers and command them to vote for her? She is powerful because her constituents let her be. That's their fault, not the fault of anyone else. What happens if you get a decent Congressman/woman in office? Are you going to petition to get rid of the term limits then? Who we vote for shows who we are as a society... think about that for a minute. They are only as powerful as we let them be. Hence the need for the Second Amendment, since our forefathers were smarter than we are and realized that there will be another revolution. Our country is based on the idea that we get to vote for our leaders, and it's on us if we choose to keep poor ones in office.

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical.1 Unsuccesful rebellions indeed generally establish the incroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions, as not to discourage them too much. It is a medecine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Paris, January 30, 1787

• Yes, we have term limits but we're losing ground to who can out campaign who in the money arena. Money seems to dictate voter outcome in most situations but we haven't completely gripped it yet. They keep everyone fighting and pulling left or right while they profit. Take away paying these lifetime benefits, take away these health care benefits that allow them to live above the people they are sworn to serve.. Perhaps if "we" the people can not rebel and eat our own vomit we can get it right and move forward. On both sides of the table are career politicians, how long was Newt there? We just have to do better. It's not about left or right leaning, it's about what's "right".

Politics is painful. I think perhaps in the beginning the naive politician heads to the hill. Think they have sway power but they realize they are committed to party power. They are given a blue print for moving up or moving out. They discourage those who desire not to get stuck in a long line because of seniority established, or they feel they can not do any good. We may have lost some of the brightest minds by our darkest moments...but hey, I'm just a voice without a voice.

• It really is a problem of our own creation. We want our congressional delegation to gain more power, not the other guys. Political pork is bad, but it’s not pork in MY State! I agree with Bill, we need term limits to protect us from ourselves, but we need them

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Yes, we have term limits but we're losing ground to who can out campaign who in the money arena. Money seems to dictate voter outcome in most situations but we haven't completely gripped it yet. They keep everyone fighting and pulling left or right while they profit. Take away paying these lifetime benefits, take away these health care benefits that allow them to live above the people they are sworn to serve.. Perhaps if "we" the people can not rebel and eat our own vomit we can get it right and move forward. On both sides of the table are career politicians, how long was Newt there? We just have to do better. It's not about left or right leaning, it's about what's "right".

Politics is painful. I think perhaps in the beginning the naive politician heads to the hill. Think they have sway power but they realize they are committed to party power. They are given a blue print for moving up or moving out. They discourage those who desire not to get stuck in a long line because of seniority established, or they feel they can not do any good. We may have lost some of the brightest minds by our darkest moments...but hey, I'm just a voice without a voice.

Okay, Zora. Who is going to take away these things? Have you petitioned your legislature for an Article 5? Or do you expect the people that you want to vote in to do it? You say that we lose out to who can campaign in the money area, but I would counter that to the fact that we lose out to who offers US the most things we want. For those in poverty, it's a chance to get out of poverty, for those with guns, it's the chance to keep your guns, for those (pick a group) it's (whatever they want to hear to get the vote). Does it take money? Yes. But it also takes ignorance of the general population to believe that any of that is 1. actually beneficial to them, 2. Possible without any fiduciary repercussions, 3. Even remotely possible without crossing the currently deadlocked political boundaries, 4., 5., 6, ad nauseam.

What is "right" is doing your homework on the candidate. What is right, is not asking what you get out of something but what the country gets out of its electorates. What is right is demanding that our politicians do what we, the people, have asked of them, and if not, get voted out. Taking the lazy way out and saying, well, he/she sucks, but will only be there for another 10 years before we get a new one is NOT the answer.

And you are a voice without a voice? Why? Why do you choose not to use your voice? Have you run for office, even at a local level? Have you attempted to publish an article in your local paper or even a national one? Have you seriously tried to have a voice? Perhaps if more people got off their social media or soapbox platforms and DID something, we could actually have change without asking the government to do it for us.

• Pelosi is just too powerful? Is she a witch that can lobotomize her followers and command them to vote for her? She is powerful because her constituents let her be. That's their fault, not the fault of anyone else. What happens if you get a decent Congressman/woman in office? Are you going to petition to get rid of the term limits then? Who we vote for shows who we are as a society... think about that for a minute. They are only as powerful as we let them be. Hence the need for the Second Amendment, since our forefathers were smarter than we are and realized that there will be another revolution. Our country is based on the idea that we get to vote for our leaders, and it's on us if we choose to keep poor ones in office.
    "I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical.1 Unsuccesful rebellions indeed generally establish the incroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions, as not to discourage them too much. It is a medecine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Paris, January 30, 1787

Ok - I get it - I can edit your last two posts down to one line “Never underestimate the stupidity of the American public” :00008172::00008172:

• It really is a problem of our own creation. We want our congressional delegation to gain more power, not the other guys. Political pork is bad, but it’s not pork in MY State! I agree with Bill, we need term limits to protect us from ourselves, but we need them

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Info

Then honestly, we deserve what we get. If we are too lazy to do OUR jobs (policing the government that WE select), then we can't bitch about them being shitty at theirs. It's that simple. Term limits won't do anything but increase the number of ignorant people voted into Congress because it doesn't change the mindsets of the people voting them into Congress.

I'm going to go make an apple pie now. :D

• Then honestly, we deserve what we get. If we are too lazy to do OUR jobs (policing the government that WE select), then we can't bitch about them being shitty at theirs. It's that simple. Term limits won't do anything but increase the number of ignorant people voted into Congress because it doesn't change the mindsets of the people voting them into Congress.
    I'm going to go make an apple pie now. :D

you really think the public will change ??? Send me a piece of pie darlin :D I :D

• @sideseatdriver wow, you really read into every single thing but I'm okay with that. My sarcasm and dry humor doesn't come out all the time over the net. My desire to perk interest did exactly what I meant it to do minus the personal attack (or perhaps you didn't mean to call me out). Actually, I've been published beyond the local newspaper but that's neither here or there. I've been blessed to "have my voice heard" as well. I've petitioned my legislature for a few things actually but nothing that has appeared on the floor for vote. Some people are made for politics as I mentioned, some are made to do change from outside of the profession of it. Just imagine if we all thought our calling was that of a politician because we had a dog in the fight...

After the last heated debate...I was actually just trying to ease into this one. I honestly don't think our general population is ignorant, I think they've perhaps grown complacent in different ways. Some who think things will never change, some who think they can have aggressive change overnight and that list can go on and on...but to say ignorant, I wouldn't go that far...but that's me.

• You are correct - I really believe there is a movement toward anarchy in this country. As I have said many times before we are following lock step with the fall of the Roman Empire. We are making a LOT of the same mistakes that led to their demise!!!