Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• You got it all wrong! Simple fact, there are more liberals/dems in the country than conservatives. If inflation, high crime and the border invasion can't get the opposing party in power, enough said.

Actually, I don't think I have it all wrong.... Example.. In Colorado we have about 5.6 million people... only about 2 million voted... take away kids and they come up with a 50% turn out which they say is good... If everyone who could have voted would vote... the out come may be very different... Same thing in AZ... Look at Cali... with over 26 million people, but only about 8 million voted... Too many people think their vote means nothing. When one looks at the map of the country it is almost all red with strong blue in major metro areas.. Yes, by the numbers strictly there are about 39 million Republicans and 49 million Democrats. There are also about 40 million independents... so the key is to campaign for those votes and not to keep your base in line. This midterm, as we all know that was not done and frankly quite a few R's voted the opposite because they are tired of all the shit.

Most people think of things like inflation as cyclical, that is it comes and goes. An example of this is that during the Clinton years there was just as much economic growth as there has been before these last two years. As I said in another post, that is quickly forgotten.

Crime, is a problem but anyone who searches the internet can see it has always been a problem. Do I believe that what happened during the last administration with GF and the riots that came with that are possible partly to blame... Yes, I do. Defund the police stated before this administration, and people disrespecting police has always been a problem.... In my day, it was pig, nazi, and all the other derogatory terms used to reference them. Unfortunately we currently have more liency that should be permitted. One of my favorite quotes is "Mercy to the guilty is cruelty to the innocent" (Adam Smith).

The border problem is just that... a problem. It has gotten worse over the years for sure, but when I lived in Yuma, AZ in the 70's (Stationed at MCAS Yuma) there was a big problem then... Myself and 3 other Marines rented a house that was in the orange/grapefruit groves groves south of Yuma and the BP told us to make sure we had a weapon and to shoot first and ask questions later... That is the truth... It has gotten worse as I said for sure but has been a problem my whole life.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• If you look at the numbers, the majority who won with his backing were incumbents that were expected to win without his endorsement.

I agree that the media only openly talks about his failings, but when you look at the numbers which can easily be found on the internet it was at best a 50/50 tally, with a good portion of endorsed people loosing in open races...

• If you look at the numbers, the majority who won with his backing were incumbents that were expected to win without his endorsement.

Oh I get it Billy, I do.

But that goes both ways as well.

Many he backed were in impossible situations to win, with him or without.

CT for example......

TRUMP backed Lenora Levy running against Dick Blumenthal. Nobody is gonna beat that guy here.

TRUMP backed her anyway, and her numbers were way better than anyone predicted!

And that's up here in the Liberal Mecca!

TRUMP continues to be a headline daily, talked about in every news broadcast.

Constantly talking shit about him.

Why???

Because the Libs want to brainwash the population that he sucks, and was a terrible President.

We all know that is the furthest from the truth. Democrats......scared shitless of TRUMP in '24!!

(So ya Billy, I just can't trust how the media spins these outcomes)

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• If Trump is the Republican candidate in 2024 the Democrats will win. I don,t like saying it, and he may not deserve it, but Trump is tainted. He will never get enough of the independent and moderate vote to win.

Just be warned, if we try to go down that path we might as well concede right now

To all of those who still want Trump as they say “be careful what you wish for, you just might get it”

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• on the bright side SoCal it wold seem Ken Calvert pulled out the win. I’m really glad we didn’t end up with Rollins. And on top of that those of us down here in this end of the district also got rid of Raul Ruiz —- Yea!

• If Trump is the Republican candidate in 2024 the Democrats will win. I don,t like saying it, and he may not deserve it, but Trump is tainted. He will never get enough of the independent and moderate vote to win.

Just be warned, if we try to go down that path we might as well concede right now

To all of those who still want Trump as they say “be careful what you wish for, you just might get it”

If Trump is tainted, what would you call the rest?

• I don't know if I can trust a ConnMan (your signature) :) :)

• If Trump is tainted, what would you call the rest?

the rest? Personally I think there are some very good conservative options that independents and moderates could get behind. Trump tainted himself his behavior can often be very offensive. I love how this country was doing when he was president, but despite this I could never in good conscience vote for him. A president should always strive to unite people and Trump has shown that he doesn’t even care about this. Trump only cares about Trump - pure ego, almost as bad as Obama

• the rest? Personally I think there are some very good conservative options that independents and moderates could get behind. Trump tainted himself his behavior can often be very offensive. I love how this country was doing when he was president, but despite this I could never in good conscience vote for him. A president should always strive to unite people and Trump has shown that he doesn’t even care about this. Trump only cares about Trump - pure ego, almost as bad as Obama

While I somewhat agree with your statement take a careful listen when Trump speaks. Trump attacks opposing candidates, not the people. At the same time he refers to American people as Americans in a uniting way. He doesn't (typically) use words that separate people into political classes for the purpose of political gain.

Listen to President Biden and the democratic party carefully. He/they constantly attack the people. Ultra-Maga, deplorable, if you don't vote for me you ain't black, Put you back in chains. If you see them, you get in their face and tell them they're not welcome. It happens over and over and is looked over, over & over.

He is rough but if you listen with a critical ear there is a big difference. Unfortunately, the media has picked sides and exploits the issue. Although I hole heartily agree that if only President Trump would focus on his accomplishments tone it down and drop the voter fraud stuff.

If Trump can calm it down right now, I like him. If not, DeSantis is much harder target for the media and will have a better path for victory. I believe both as good for the country.

• the rest? Personally I think there are some very good conservative options that independents and moderates could get behind. Trump tainted himself his behavior can often be very offensive. I love how this country was doing when he was president, but despite this I could never in good conscience vote for him. A president should always strive to unite people and Trump has shown that he doesn’t even care about this. Trump only cares about Trump - pure ego, almost as bad as Obama

Oh! You would rather vote for a paid off politician and not caring that they get the job done. I vote for whoever I think will do the job that has not been in politics all of their life, now that is the one that only cares for themselves. Term limits is what we need but it will never happen because of the payoffs.

Jesus christ could be the candidate, they will still win.it will be 8 years for Biden.

• so true, once the R base realizes you won’t get the independent vote with extremism, they will be on a path to win. Otherwise…:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:. Easily formula, hard to accomplish obviously