Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Well - just read if Dems lose the House Pelosi is going to seek an Italian ambassadorship - REALLY!!!!

Nancy on a Italian beach still sucking on the American taxpayer !!!

Read this earlier - wish I could take credit…

“Pelosi and several others are a prime example of why we are where we are.. Society was always about mentoring a new group to lead.. Instead, in the last 20+ years, we have senior citizens that should be well into retirement blocking the path for the next generation.. What we see in congress is a lot of people well over 60 years old and then there are several in their 30s.. We skipped a whole generation because people like Schumer, Pelosi, Leahy, Feinstein, Biden, McConnell, Grassley, Imhoff, and others wouldn't let go of the idea that, without them, everything would go to pot.. I am a republican, but, as I point out, this is on both sides.. Imhoff and Leahy finally announced their retirements, but the others either still have years left on their current term, or are running again. Sorry people, but, it's time to pass the baton.. America made it without you before you took office, and she will make it after you leave.. No person is irreplaceable.. Start mentoring younger people to take your place and move on..

Time for Jim Jordan & Tom Cotton.

Edit: Keep Senator John Kennedy. I was surprised to find out he was a democrat until 2007. I was a democrat up until my mid/upper 20s. Ronald Reagan was my turning point.

• Need more proof of how corrupt the media is??? After a majority of folks said the back drop for the dip shits speech was a bit eerie or satanic, now articles about Trump are using the same color to depict Trump in that light.... The media is truly horrible and anyone who cannot see through this is retarded.

Here is the stupid article... https://www.yahoo.com/news/jud…estigation-155130934.html

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Stock Market down again today. I believe this is the seventh straight day of big losses? I got suckered into a more aggressive fund after the massive drop a week or so ago. Things aren't looking good anytime soon. Not into crypto but even bitcoin is in the 18Ks

• I will use self checkout at Lowes but I refuse to check & bag my own groceries!! Besides, these days I’m usually busy filling out a loan application while they bag my groceries :00008359:

The last time I went grocery shopping, the clerk tallied it all up and said, "That will be $124.00. Is that for here or to go?" Never thought that I'd be paying $5.00 for penny candy. But never thought I'd be p[aying $5.999 for 93 octane fuel either. Thanks Joe - YOU DONE THAT

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Edited once, last by Funinthesun ().

• Stock Market down again today. I believe this is the seventh straight day of big losses? I got suckered into a more aggressive fund after the massive drop a week or so ago. Things aren't looking good anytime soon. Not into crypto but even bitcoin is in the 18Ks

Hope it keeps going down more and more. Thats how patience makes you money. You buy low and sell high.

• And on average it only takes a couple of years and it is like paying for an Hyundai instead of a Corvette.

Average debt after trade school is around 10k and average debt after 4 year bachelor degre is about 36k.

The difference in debt between students who attended college or trade school is astonishing. Regardless of the field of study, the average cost of obtaining a degree from a trade school is $33,000 in contrast with an average of $132,000 for a bachelor’s degree, including tuition fees.

According to Trent Hamm, Founder of The Simple Dollar, students who attend trade school graduate with an average of $10,000 of debt, while students who attend college collect an average student debt of $36,327, after interest.

The downside in todays world is that Trade School teaches one how to work.... and no one wants to work it seems....

https://cetweb.edu/trade-schoo…ance-experts-have-to-say/

• What is trade school debt? I don't understand.

When an apprentice goes to school (trade school) as part of their apprenticeship, (usually 2-3 times depending on the trade) do they not collect unemployment insurance, and its only a small timeframe they go do school for at one time. Cost is paid for through the apprenticeship program is it not? How do you rack up debt on a training program that doesn't cost you anything?

When an apprentice goes to school (trade school) as part of their apprenticeship, (usually 2-3 times depending on the trade) do they not collect unemployment insurance, and its only a small timeframe they go do school for at one time. Cost is paid for through the apprenticeship program is it not? How do you rack up debt on a training program that doesn't cost you anything?

Posted earlier...

https://cetweb.edu/trade-schoo…ance-experts-have-to-say/

There are many trade schools out there of which I attended one to become a commercial saturation diver. My school was out of pocket and I was out in the field working 14 months later. I chose this trade school and the indebtedness. And it was all paid in full without anything from the government.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

There are many trade schools that people choose to attend that are not a part of any apprenticeship program - You sign up you pay your tuition and then when you complete the training you go out and find a job - - they might even have a placement program that helps you find a job, but the cost of the school is still up to the student to pay

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• The No Surprise Act was intended to help control medical bills. It has an unfortunate side effect, our LifeNet air ambulance service just shut down. Being in a rural part of the country it was a very important service that saved lives. Their inability to recoup cost within the new rules will cost lives.

• There are many trade schools that people choose to attend that are not a part of any apprenticeship program - You sign up you pay your tuition and then when you complete the training you go out and find a job - - they might even have a placement program that helps you find a job, but the cost of the school is still up to the student to pay

OK. when I think of a trade (or "skilled trade" we call it), I think of a job that has an apprenticeship attached to it. Mechanic, plumber, electrician, millwright, etc. Something that is associated with an apprenticeship.

What you call trade school courses, include what we call pre-apprenticeship courses, hence the association, but also seem to cover a variety of other career paths that we would not call a "trade" up here, but more a career path. The cost of a pre-apprenticeship course is payed by the attendee here also, as would any other career learning course. Just did a search locally and cost for "pre-apprenticeship" courses range from FREE (community college) to $11,000 at a private facility.