Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• he has not been tried in court, so nothing will be proven until that ever happens (if it ever does). He is being accused, which I hope you realize the difference. Evidence gathering is part of the process is it not? I am sure the legal ones here can school anyone on this way more that I can. IF it is proven, would that change your mind?

Fbi will probably plant docs if they don't find any incriminating!

• Reminds me of Atlas Shrugged…three classes of people. Producers (working folks), Looters (politicians), and MOOCHERS (do the math, NOT conservatives). Google Ayn Rand and the “equalization of opportunity act” from the same book. George Orwell wrote feel good stories in comparison to this woman. Aldous Huxley’s “Brave New World” is a close second to “1984”.

• There is something very fishy the DOJ is petitioning the court to keep the affidavit sealed - what are they hiding ??

How can anyone believe what the doj & fbi will eventually come up with? Garland has a vendetta against the gop and Trump is the vessel. Our corrupt politicians have driven me to not trust and actually reel with disgust for our country. As a Vietnam veteran I've always felt that governments create wars citizen's of all countries can live in peace except for the corrupt governments that thrive on POWER!

• Starting a business takes a massive commitment, financially & emotionally. Many fail leaving a mountain of dept and stress. To those that succeed, Congratulations you have taken an idea and risked it all. You are what makes this country great.

Unfortunately, many politicians vilify success and when it's achieved, they want to tax and overregulate it so they can benefit from your risks while in turn no risk is involved on their behalf. Not a bad gig.

https://www.shopify.com/blog/p…e-of-businesses-that-fail

Considering the risks, challenges, and uncertainty involved in running a business, it should come as no surprise that the latest statistics show that more entrepreneurs chose to shut their businesses as the years pass.

The percentage of businesses that fail increases to 31.2 percent in the second year and 38.8 percent in the third year. By the fifth year in 2021, the new business failure rate reaches 49.7 percent.

That means that only half of the businesses that started in 2016, or 368,967 of them, to be exact, were still surviving half a decade on.

• Theses same principals from “congress” (opposite of “progress”) apply to investors who assume all risk, and get “rewarded” with long and short term capital gain taxes, to ensure they pay their “fair share” while MOOCHERS get rewarded for paying nothing into the system.

• Theses same principals from “congress” (opposite of “progress”) apply to investors who assume all risk, and get “rewarded” with long and short term capital gain taxes, to ensure they pay their “fair share” while MOOCHERS get rewarded for paying nothing into the system.

61% of Americans pay NO federal income tax - 61% !!! How can we have an equitable tax system with this happening?? With 39% of us paying for all the bullshit being dealt out of Washington DC when will enough be enough?? I might be OK with 87,000 new IRS agents if they go after all the people that pay no taxes but we know they are coming after the 39% to make sure we pay our “fair share”. For the 61% to be required to pay anything would be some kind of “ist” and politically incorrect. Who will ever stand up for the taxpayers that are actually paying the tax? That person must be living with the unicorns and leprechauns cause I doubt they will ever appear!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• 61% of Americans pay NO federal income tax - 61% !!! How can we have an equitable tax system with this happening?? With 39% of us paying for all the bullshit being dealt out of Washington DC when will enough be enough?? I might be OK with 87,000 new IRS agents if they go after all the people that pay no taxes but we know they are coming after the 39% to make sure we pay our “fair share”. For the 61% to be required to pay anything would be some kind of “ist” and politically incorrect. Who will ever stand up for the taxpayers that are actually paying the tax? That person must be living with the unicorns and leprechauns cause I doubt they will ever appear!

just read that number is inflated since COVID. Stimulus cheques, unemployment, etc. Average rate is 44%. Still high IMO.

• I so enjoy it when political pollsters call me. Decided to play by the woke rules, I can identify as anything right? I always participate as someone completely different each time. Don't trust the polls.

I think a bunch of people do this... I have done it for years....

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• I find the arrogance of politicians to be just dumbfounding. After losing in a landslide election Liz Cheney actually believes that she may have a shot at President of the US. Comparing herself to Abraham Lincoln is like me comparing myself to Clarence Darrow. Even I can’t be that arrogant :00008172:With Trump having a steel grip on the Republican Party she certainly can’t count on any support there. If she thinks the Democrats are going to give her a warm embrace for going after Trump she is in fantasy land. I think CNN, MSNBC and possibly The View is her best shot to keep from slipping into obscurity!! Good riddance!!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Okay - - So, I have a serious question and I would appreciate it if I could get some real answers that come from peoples heads, and not just your heart or what you want.

If Trump runs for President in 2024 do you honestly think he has a chance of winning?

Before you answer please consider that even if he got 100% of the registered Republican vote which is less than 28% of registered voters and all of the Republican leaning independents which is only 19% of registered voters that only gets him to 47% of the popular vote which is not going to be enough, especially with our electoral college system which will throw away the vote of conservatives in places like California and New York and skew it even more toward the left.

So - assuming Trump won't get the registered Democrat vote or the left leaning independent vote he would have to get all of the Republican, all of the republican leaning independent and a very good portion of the non-leaning independent vote to even have a chance

So in the current political environment with the constant anti Trump hate do you honestly see a path where Donald Trump can get enough non Republican voters to vote for him to actually win in 2024??

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• If Trump runs for President in 2024 do you honestly think he has a chance of winning?

If the Republicans take the House and Senate then actually govern, making Americans lives better, tactfully showing the dems agenda was not just anti Trump but anti America, and bring the nation back to just right of center then yes. More of the minority population will continue the trend realizing that they actually agree with the direction and that the dems have long done nothing for them then your numbers change, skewing his way.

If they take the House and Senate then do nothing, change nothing, just talk and can't come together or separate further in to partisan factions then no.

.......... winning.JPG

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• but - isn't this exactly what they normally do? - - - Im mean partisan politics seems to be the way things are now days, and even if Republicans were to try do you honestly think Democrats would work with them knowing full well it would help get Trump?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies