Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• We can play word salad over Canadian vs US gun laws but the bottom line is CRIMINALS have and will continue to have guns to commit crimes on both sides of the border (let’s not even mention the fiasco at our southern border with smuggled guns and drugs). One question for you - if a criminal (God forbid) commits a home invasion at your home armed — what are you gonna do??? I have the answer to that question within arms reach 24/7 - I am 911 with a strong 2nd Amendment that your country does not have leaving you a victim and me and my family survivors!!!

no word salad, I am in agreement that it won’t do anything banning guns.

BUT, I am not fearful of someone breaking into my home and shooting me. I live in the country so not concerned. When I lived in the city, i wasn’t concerned either. My German shepherd will also alert me to anyone in the house well before I could know.

Just not a concern up here at all. I could not imagine worrying about that.

• My wife and I have guns for home defense, except for rare trips to the range our guns never leave the house. neither of us are licensed to carry and frankly I have never really felt the need to carry here where we live. To me our guns are like our homeowners insurance - - something we have and hope we never need to use, much like insurance we sleep better knowing that they are there if God forbid we ever need them.

I suspect that in other parts of the world like Canada Americans who own guns are protrayed as cowboys running around wearing our guns on our hips and looking for conflict, But I highly suspect that the vast majority of Americans who own guns for self defense and are not hunters or have target shooting hobbies are much more like my wife and myself with their guns rarely seeing the light of day.

Seriously Sparcky I highly suspect that the percentage of Americans who have guns for self defense and actually carry their guns with them is a very small number compared to the number who have guns for home defense who don't carry

its the ones that make the most noise that we hear about. When you see the actual news, all we see is gun toting Americans. Good to know the truth.

• I do recommend that everyone who plans of protecting their homes and family spend some time at the gun range. For a couple years I went to a indoor range 5 days a week every week. A very high percentage of shooters there have a hard time hitting the big sheet of cardboard the silhouette of the bad guy 3 yards in front of them. Needless to say when i put 5 rounds with my carry gun in a 1 inch circle at 15 yards they are impressed. I am always willing to help people and by showing them proper grip, trigger control, and site picture they are at least able to keep the shots in a paper dinner plate at 7 yards. 7 yards in a dinner plate will do you at home, but remember shooting a bad guy that has a knife or a gun is not going to be like shooting a target at the range. You and your love one life depends on your shooting ability. Spend some time at a range besides it can be fun.

love this

• while my German shepherd tears a chunk out. Just not concerned about it. Its not a fact of life up here.

On my panhandle property we have bears, FL panthers, wild pigs, fox (have been some rabid), wild dogs, poisonous snakes, alligators, and the occasional Yankee in the woods. I much prefer a concealed sidearm to accompany me on my walks with my wife and dogs than having to tote a rifle. Same with my family property in NW Maine. While quite a few years ago when I worked with some of your CSOR members in Yugoslavia they almost to the man would have liked to legally have that option. So maybe you where talking about your politicians when you said nobody in your country had a problem with it, I'm not quite clear on that point.

..... wacky-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• @Orangeman I live East of you in Florida and we also have all those critters both two and four legged. I belong to a hunting club and there is no way I am going in the woods with out my Ruger Redhawk 44 Mag in a shoulder hosteler. We have a lot of bears and wild hogs on the property plus like everywhere else now we are over run by coyotes. My person hunting there is on the edge of wet lands with mighty big gators so a walk to the blind in the dark is a little unnerving.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• considering we have none if those animals except bears, that are going the other way to avoid conflict most cases.
    Its not a way of life up here. Majority of Canadian citizens have no issue with now owning a handgun. Left or right has nothing to do with it. If they changed the law, sure people would buy one, but no one is expecting that change or fighting for that.

• considering we have none if those animals except bears, that are going the other way to avoid conflict most cases.
    Its not a way of life up here. Majority of Canadian citizens have no issue with now owning a handgun. Left or right has nothing to do with it. If they changed the law, sure people would buy one, but no one is expecting that change or fighting for that.

All this talk about handguns - - yet the guns the government wants to restrict right now in the United States are rifles

These so called assault weapons are actually used in a very very small number of gun deaths. Yes there are exceptions, but most criminals / bad guys dont walk around with rifles - they prefer handguns , because they are easier to hide and easier to carry and almost no one commits suicide with an AR-15

The weapons our government currently would love to ban are not the weapons best suited to crime and homicide or even suicide - - - the one thing they are best suited for is allowing civilians to form militias to protect this country from tyranny should it ever become necessary and also to defend ones home.

If their goal were truly to reduce criminal homicides and even suicides then why are they focusing on a weapon that is one of the least used for those things?

Is it possible that our government isn't telling us the truth? that their real reason for wanting to take away the best defensive firearms people can own actually has nothing to do with a desire to reduce gun deaths????

Seriously, as we have all acknowledged in this thread, banning guns won't keep criminals from getting guns so we clearly it is not the criminals they want to take the guns from. Now as to this, what type of gun they are going after? - - not the ones most likely to be stolen or fall into the hands of a bad guy, not the ones most likely to be used in a suicide - - - no they dont want to take those guns - - - they only seem interested in the ones that could be useful against them if the shit ever hit the fan

I am very much against gun bans, but it really makes me question the motives of people when they talk about wanting to reduce gun deaths in this country and then follow that statement up with the statement that they think the way to do this is to ban one of the least used firearms there is in the total number of gun deaths :/:/

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Yes they are not after the handguns right now but if the large capacity magazine band was to go in effect depending on how it is written it could cover the 9mm pistols, the most used caliber, as most hold over 9 rounds. Most weapons that use removeable magazines can use large magazine. So the way they write the law could very easy do away with pistols.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• yes. Was talking up here, as a video was posted about a Canadian police chief saying it would make no difference. They are wanting to ban handguns completely up here. Not even for sporting purposes. Its a farce.

• We really need to understand that laws are simply rules for functioning in a civil society. Most members of that society will follow those rules most of the time and a small group will not. Making new laws will only affect those who choose to follow them. The small group (let's call them criminals) who don't follow the current laws won't follow the new ones. It's all blather and political posturing.