Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Do you have access to Blantons where you are at? So hard to get in Miami. Last bottle was a buddy of mine sent it from Cali

First bottle I could get my hands on in a couple years. A local store holds all the allocated bottles and has a raffle so more people get a chance to buy.

My wife got drawn and got the only bottle of Booker's my ticket was good for one of the few Blanton's.

• Some of us 'youngesters' survived Jimmy don't know that we can Joey.

when I first got into the retirement planning business I remember a few of my clients had invested in some very long term CDs in the Carter years that were paying insanely high interest rates Carter was long gone and rates had returned to much more normal levels, but these people had locked in some great long term rates - - it was a trip doing their trust accounting at the end of the year and seeing several 100k CD's paying over 16k apiece in interest each year well into the 1990's

I keep watching the CD rates and if they start getting up like that I would love to lock in some crazy high rate on a 10 year or longer CD that pays interest monthly and then just take out the interest as needed for mods :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• when I first got into the retirement planning business I remember a few of my clients had invested in some very long term CDs in the Carter years that were paying insanely high interest rates Carter was long gone and rates had returned to much more normal levels, but these people had locked in some great long term rates - - it was a trip doing their trust accounting at the end of the year and seeing several 100k CD's paying over 16k apiece in interest each year well into the 1990's

I keep watching the CD rates and if they start getting up like that I would love to lock in some crazy high rate on a 10 year or longer CD that pays interest monthly and then just take out the interest as needed for mods :thumbsup:

Looks Iike I should put you in charge of watching thses things and keeping us informed as movements....

• I’ve been trying for sometime to figure out what the heck these NFT things are that people are investing in and I think I finally got it

NFT ——- Nice Fuckin Truck

yea now that makes sense 👍

• I’ve been trying for sometime to figure out what the heck these NFT things are that people are investing in and I think I finally got it

NFT ——- Nice Fuckin Truck

yea now that makes sense 👍

When farmers and carpteners bought pickup trucks --- they were just truck. and now they have to be NFT for the people who are buying then.

• at least I know what a nice fuckin truck is. I see it, it has a function and I can understand why someone might want one

on the other hand these non fungible tokens? What the hell?

yea If I am going to invest I will go with the truck

• Went from Mercedes Benz to a pickup truck when I retired and never looked back. I still can’t imagine telling my Dad or Grandad that trucks can run up to $90k — they would think any of us that paid that much for a truck were absolute freakin idiots - I can hear em sayin it to me right now :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Proof - Canada and the US are equally stupid when it comes to guns !!!

You have to look at it from a different perspective up here. As we do not have a "gun culture".

I completely agree this is an idiotic thing they are trying to do. As the police chiefs said, it will not make one once of difference.

Here is why I believe they are doing it. And make note, this is for handguns only, not rifles. Handguns are super restricted up here already.

As we do not have a gun culture, and have not been brought up with handguns, many on both the left and right side of the spectrum have never seen a handgun in person. The big news people hear in Canada is about all the mass shootings in the US, and not being a gun culture, its a knee jerk reaction that we have to ban handguns. As the left is in power up here, they are using this to get votes only. As most people have never seen an actual handgun, they could not care less whether they are banned or not, regardless of whether it will make a difference or not. Political strategy by the Government, but knee jerk reaction by the people. Common sense doesn't even play into it, due to the fact we are NOT a gun culture up here.

Different than US reasons, and different reaction. They are not trying to ban all handguns in the US. And you are a gun culture, so that will not happen.

However, people need to realize that maybe a bit more paperwork or checks to actually get one, will not restrict your rights as a gun owner based on the 2nd amendment. You can still "bear" arms. But it will make sure those that do, do so safely, properly, and may "red flag" someone that should not be owning that weapon. Your second amendment doesn't state what you have to do to get a gun, only that you are allowed to have one.

Compromise folks, and that looks like what is going to happen.

• Agree to a point - BUT - as you Canadian sheriff so eloquently stated - the new Trudeau gun ban won’t do one damn thing to stop a criminal - same thing here in US - all it will do is the government will make it harder on law abiding citizens wanting self protection that that same government is not protecting these days. If these damn criminals would just pay attention to all the laws on the books there would be no need for more laws - then we could all ride unicorns, skip over rainbows and sing Kumbaya !!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Agree to a point - BUT - as you Canadian sheriff so eloquently stated - the new Trudeau gun ban won’t do one damn thing to stop a criminal - same thing here in US - all it will do is the government will make it harder on law abiding citizens wanting self protection that that same government is not protecting these days. If these damn criminals would just pay attention to all the laws on the books there would be no need for more laws - then we could all ride unicorns, skip over rainbows and sing Kumbaya !!!

And there is the difference.

Handguns up here are for sport ONLY. Not for protection. You CANNOT legally carry a handgun with you personally in Canada, except for some sort of law enforcement And we really don't have a problem with that. No one has ever had a problem with that, whether they are left or right politically. No one has ever tried to change that, and have us legalize handguns and carry them for protection, to my knowledges since the 56 years I have been around. We just don't need them for protection up here.

Now illegal handguns are becoming more prominent up here lately, as more are being smuggled across the border. THAT IS WHERE THEY SHOULD FOCUS THERE ENERGY. Not banning something that is already highly restricted and prohibited, in many cases, in all of Canada. We have 2 categories of handguns, restricted and prohibited. Restricted means you can buy and own one, and there are a lot of restrictions regarding being allowed to have this privilege. Prohibited means you are not allowed to own these types of handguns for one reason or another, based on their specifications. Which the majority really don't seem to have an issue with, up here.

2 complete opposite reasons between US and Canada.

• Sparcky Well put thank you for adding perspective in that Canada and the United States are very different when it comes to culture and our constitutions.

As I’ve mentioned in previous posts my mother was Canadian I have friends that are Canadian and they have all said even though some are conservatives that Canada will not change in the possibility of going in another direction. It’s virtually impossible because the left has their hooks so deep in the freebies to the electorate.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎