Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I disagree - there is a lot that could be done if you were not attached to the Green New Deal idiots. With all the fossil fuels available to the US that resource alone could do wonders to slow inflation and ease the pain at the pump for millions!! A lot could be done besides that if you had any idea what you were doing - unlike Biden !!!

I don't believe it has much to do with going green. Up here they are talking green also. Will never happen like they want, it's not practical.

• I don't believe it has much to do with going green. Up here they are talking green also. Will never happen like they want, it's not practical.

Hell - Biden won’t even let us have Canadian oil & gas by killing Keystone pipeline. When you have a moron in charge green sounds great and we may get there someday but he knows it is not in any of our lifetimes !! Facts back it up !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I don't believe it has much to do with going green. Up here they are talking green also. Will never happen like they want, it's not practical.

Amen. Looked into going electric for my motorcycle (before buying the Sling) and their range was normally under 100 miles (about 161km) and my commute is about that range, so I would not be able to trust the vehicle to take me back and forth.

A company called Acrimoto has what they call a "Fun Utility Vehicle" for under $20k, but again range 100 miles.

• Sooooo Project Veritas posted another undercover video of a Twitter software engineer going on about how commie their corporate culture is. Elon Musk apparently saw this reposted on Twitter and replied "Is this legit?"

He may end up buying it for $30 and a pack of smokes.

• If you give 10% to charity your dollar becomes .90 cents.

With 10% inflation your dollar is worth .90 cents.

One is voluntary and the other is not. To maintain your current standard of living the logical thing to do is stop giving. The other choice is to lower your standard of living. Which one will most people choose?

Givers need to know the limits of their generosity because takers have no limits.

This is going to become more apparent with the tanking economy.

• If you give 10% to charity your dollar becomes .90 cents.

With 10% inflation your dollar is worth .90 cents.

One is voluntary and the other is not. To maintain your current standard of living the logical thing to do is stop giving. The other choice is to lower your standard of living. Which one will most people choose?

Givers need to know the limits of their generosity because takers have no limits.

This is going to become more apparent with the tanking economy.

Outwardly, I agree this looks logical in a zero sum game however I have found the benefits of generosity and it’s returns far exceed the amount given. Tamped down and overflowing 🙂!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Amen. Looked into going electric for my motorcycle (before buying the Sling) and their range was normally under 100 miles (about 161km) and my commute is about that range, so I would not be able to trust the vehicle to take me back and forth.

A company called Acrimoto has what they call a "Fun Utility Vehicle" for under $20k, but again range 100 miles.

looked at electric trucks. But as I do a lot of driving, I would need the large battery. So I would be over $100K for the truck. And in winter it loses total mileage. EV’s are great if you don’t have very far to drive, but if you do any sort of distance driving just not practical.

They invented an electric snowmobile called a Targa. And other manufacturers are looking into electric also. That does no good as when I snowmobile I typically do between 250 to 350 km a day. Where the hell am I going to get a charge in the middle of buttf$@k nowhere in remote northern Ontario

:00000028::00000028:

• How about this stroke of genius? Lets put the Keystone Pipeline dead in its tracks and cut American jobs. Instead we can look towards Venezuela, have them ramp up production using outdated inefficient refineries'. That way we can pump money into their economy & be dependent on them. ...and we can listen to Biden, Pelosi, continue to inform the public that the republicans have no plan and offer no solutions.

• I wouldn't mind a electric F150 but I see a lot of draw backs to electric vehicles. As there gets to be more and more on them on the roads pulling up to a charging station on the interstate and maybe waiting your turn to charge then the time it take you to charge just is something I don't want to do. I understand it could cost up to 10,000 to replace the battery pack. I tent to keep my cars and trucks 10 years but even at 5 years what is battery replacement going to do to resale and how willing will people be to buy used.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Transitioning the country away from internal combustion vehicles over to electric vehicles will greatly increase the electric production requirements of the country and unless they find an economical way to store the electricity produced by solar and wind power this will mandate an increase in the power generated by coal and natural gas to supply the power to charge all of the electric vehicles

Seriously think about this - - a Tesla powerwall II battery that you might install on your home has a power rating of 13.5 kWh. one of these and 22 solar panels worth of roof top solar should be good to power and backup the average home.

So lets compare this to the electrical needs of an electric car - if 13.5 kWh is enough to back up your home in an outage and to also run it all night when the solar is not running what's it take to run a car? - - the standard battery currently in a Tesla model S is 100kWh - almost 7.5 times larger than a Tesla power wall II - - and 100kWh batteries and larger seem to be what the future holds for any kind of decent range - - - - so how does this country charge all of these batteries if the majority of cars become electric? - - clearly if you need 22 panels simply to run your home and keep the 13.5 kWh backup charged how many panels would need to be added if you also need to charge a 100kWh electric car every night?? - - could you even fit this many panels on the average roof and have them getting good / efficient sun exposure?

Roof top solar on most homes would never be able to provide 100% of the homes needs plus 100% of the charging needs for a 100k battery car driven all the time - - now consider the fact than many homes need 2 cars that would need charging, and what of other vehicles? how many kWh would the battery have to be for an 18 wheeler and where you going to get clean electricity to charge that?

Some people seem to think that just because you get an electric vehicle it somehow magically green, but unless all of the power charging these vehicles comes from clean green energy sources its just not true.

Here in Southern California we are being warned that there might need to be rolling blackouts this summer because the grid might not be able to provide the power needed during this summers heat - - - they say that currently sales of electric cars in the state (light vehicles) is 12%

So, the grid is incapable of producing a guaranteed sufficient supply right now today when only 12% of new cars are electric so what's going to happen when that becomes 50% or 100%? and when it starts also including large heavy vehicles - - - - and what are we doing - - we are shutting down the last nuclear plant in the State - - - - - and the environmental freaks are fighting every single new wind and solar project - - - and even if all production were green we have no way to store any of it so that we can run things when the sun goes down or the wind doesn't blow

forgive my rambling, but this idea that we need to make every vehicle electric just baffles me when it seems so very clear that we are doing nothing and in fact are actually going backwards when it comes to providing the infrastructure to be able to charge the electric vehicles we already have with power from clean sources let alone a future of 100% electric vehicles

its all BS

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies