Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Remember when the vaccine just being available was going to save us all from Covid? I do... why the mandates now? Remember when Kamala and other top Dems said they wouldn't take Trumps vaccines? I do...so what would happen if Trump won, same virus discussion and mandates? Remember when 70% of the US being vaccinated was going to allow us to enjoy 4th of July with our families? I do...now it's boosters and mandates. Why no conversation about natural immunity? Can get covid test in mail but not anti-body tests, why? Why are we doing nothing about all the folks coming here from Afgan/Mexico as it relates to the mandates and vaccine? They aren't even citizens with rights and they have more rights than any of us that work at a 100+ employer do. Why did masks stop working? They were so good at stopping the spread of covid, but now are no longer effective - remember Vax or Masked? I do....

I don't really need to look at all the conspiracy theories to know something is going on here... When science is used to push an agenda and only used if you are of a certain political party the gig is up to me. I wouldn't of received a rushed vaccine under trump until I gave it some time (Like I won't buy a 1st year model, or new sling) regardless of who won, that didn't change for me like it did for Kamala and top Dems.

Remember last summer all the riots over race and Floyd who wasn't exactly a good black guy??? Times have changed already when you have a white woman in a APE mask throwing eggs at a black republican and you show me one news network playing the race card? Remember the Nascar driver who thought a garage pull was a noose? What about the Trump guys that beat up that guy in Chicago/New York wearing the Maga hat? The news and agenda is totally different on the other side and it's funny as my die hard democratic friends even start to see this now. 22/24 elections should be interesting.

One more for you to think about as we go into 9/11 - watch the different news networks. No matter your political party you'll remember on 9/11 the country banded together as one, around freedom and around the US Flag, our Patriotism, and kickin some terrorist ass - Lets see how many talk about 9/11 today and tomorrow and how many news networks make it all about the US, Freedom, Coming Together, etc... and how many just speak of it as a big event in our history and leave out the freedom, patriotisms, etc...

• Well, and even those who claim they don't like its been politicized and blame the left for doing it, still want to "win" at every argument they try...

Simple observation here is you just have to look at what's posted and the "likes" received (even when proven false)... wacky-squared

And of course, excluding what BD posts (though even back before he was blocked, he also got a like or two at times...things that make you go hmmm...) laugh-squared

just pointing out misinformation when I see someone post it - - - seems that these days some want to thrive on influencing others be passing on information that they haven't even fact checked

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I may be missing something and I really believe it's for the best to be vaccinated. I am, I even bough a test kit as my granddaughter felt sick a few days ago. I tested today and it turned out negative with an accuracy rate on negative indications at 100%.

That said I believe this federal code was put in place to protect the manufacture for the reason that even if everything is done correctly it could be possible that something can go horribly wrong for someone. Otherwise this code would not be necessary.

42 U.S. Code § 300aa–22

• I may be missing something and I really believe it's for the best to be vaccinated. I am, I even bough a test kit as my granddaughter felt sick a few days ago. I tested today and it turned out negative with an accuracy rate on negative indications at 100%.

That said I believe this federal code was put in place to protect the manufacture for the reason that even if everything is done correctly it could be possible that something can go horribly wrong for someone. Otherwise this code would not be necessary.

42 U.S. Code § 300aa–22

unfortunately we live in a very litigious world where people, if allowed, would probably be filing lawsuits against vaccine manufactures for any little frivolous thing they thought might be a side effect. And, if this were allowed the cost of defending all of the thousands of cases filed each year would push the cost of these vaccines through the roof - - I suspect this law was passed to keep this from happening so that cost of vaccines could be kept low enough to keep them affordable by the general public

of course I wasn't there so this is just speculation

• Sounds like a good argument to be used against the Texas Repugnants.

It is astonishing to me that after opening the border to drug cartels, sex traffickers and COVID positive people...

After the debacle in Afghanistan...

COVID numbers climbing....

Gasoline at record levels....

You are still proudly on Team Pedo.

• unfortunately we live in a very litigious world where people, if allowed, would probably be filing lawsuits against vaccine manufactures for any little frivolous thing they thought might be a side effect. And, if this were allowed the cost of defending all of the thousands of cases filed each year would push the cost of these vaccines through the roof - - I suspect this law was passed to keep this from happening so that cost of vaccines could be kept low enough to keep them affordable by the general public

of course I wasn't there so this is just speculation

Agree, I believe that is a big part but an equally big part would be that it must be realized even if all things go as directed things can and will go wrong. This also protects the FDA once approved. This is why I believe in choice and the responsibility of individuals to self apply and responsibly do what protection and the level of protection they need according to their risk assessment. Some astounding numbers below for the Flu. Facts, masks were around then. A vaccine was around the then. I did not wear a mask then. Anyone out their can answer to themselves as to if they wore a mask back then. If not why not? As for me I did a personal risk assessment and chose not to wear a mask.

Weather we realize it or not we all knew of flu and the dangers associated. Yet we all made a personal choice not to wear a mask and get Vaccinated or not.

• Interesting side note is that for a very long time it has been very common for Japanese to wear masks whenever they are sick and out in public - - - from I what I have read in Japanese culture it is considered very important to be respectful of others and to put their needs before your own which includes always wearing a mask out in public when you are sick to reduce the spread of you germs - - Its a big cultural differences when compared to the United States where everyone seems to be taught that everything is about me me me and what I need being what's most important . Frankly I like their approach better :thumbsup:

It is also interesting to note that many Japanese also wear masks to cut down on their allergies apparently masks are very good at blocking pollen and other irritants

Japan mask etiquette

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• I see this posted often and while I do very much agree with this concept I also think that what some people these days believe is an "essential liberty" might have been viewed very differently by Mr. Franklin - - - just as an example it was not very long ago that I remember young people on campuses demanding that they had a "right" or a "liberty' as it were to be safe from hearing anyone talk about Mr. Trump - - I am pretty sure Mr. Franklin would have laughed his ass off at that one

Also don't all "essential liberties" also come with some responsibilities to others around us? do we really want to demand "liberties" that could endanger the health of someone else? do we really want a society where its everyone for themselves without any thought of others?

I am just an old fart who wants to enjoy life, but it seems to me that these days huge numbers of people have decided that their "liberties" are the only thing they are willing to consider no matter what the cost might be to others around them, and this is not just on one political side or the other, I see it equally from people on both sides of the political spectrum - - - and this makes me sad for the future in could produce for my children and grandchildren.

Yes I truly believe our liberties are very very important, but if we demand and exercise those liberties without compassion for others what does that say about us as a society?

JMO

• I need some help from the covid experts here. Could you show me the science that says companies with less than 100 employees should be exempt from a vaccine mandate.

I am in the retirement planning business, the establishment of employer retirement plans like 401(k), Profit Sharing, and Defined Benefit. As such I have been dealing with constantly changing government regulations coming out of several different government agencies for 35 years now and as such I have become very accustomed to seeing the 100 employee (large employer) cutoff for literally hundreds of rules - - - I am not trying to say it makes any sense, I am just saying it is a number that is used all of the time by government to separate big businesses from smaller business for the purpose of imposing regulations and or imposing various other requirements

As to trying to understand the "why" as my father used to always say many years ago when I asked him why "Politicians drink"