Slingshot Booze & Blues 2017 (Fri, Sep 29th 2017, 10:03am - Sun, Oct 1st 2017, 2:03pm)

Date

Slingshot Booze & Blues 2017

Fri, Sep 29th 2017, 9:03 am - Sun, Oct 1st 2017, 1:03 pm

103 2nd Street, Clarksville, VA 23927

Participants

18 participants, 32 undecided and 3 do not participate

Closing Date: Sep 23rd 2017, 11:00 pm
  • @MACAWS, we're still discussing here. Trying to determine if we can actually Sling up this year, leaving the munchkins behind so we can actually participate in events. Are you going to have vendors set up in the parking lot again?

Ok, looks like the babysitters are a lock, but we'll miss some/most of Friday. Not sure what time we'll arrive, but thinking dinnertime or so. Guess we'll see you guys at Buggs Island Brewery, or Cowboy Up!

• Well gang have a few updates / and a proposal
    Updates: Colette has been working with the primary winery Rosemont they will give a large indoor seating area and wine tasting for $15 a person. They do not do any catering but they are working with us to find a local restaurant to cater some sort of lunch - looking to do something simple and inexpensive if that is ok with everyone.

We have yet to secure a second winery stop. Tentatively we have a very small local Winery called 3 sisters. Very pretty location off a nice SS worthy road, but all the seating would be outside as their tasting room is very small. We are planning a trip with @Designer up to Halifax just north of South Boston to check out another location.

Now for the proposal.
    Colette and I really enjoyed having all of you at the Flying Pig Ranch for during the wine festival in April. We were thinking of having an outdoor movie night Friday after our touring. We have located a 14' outdoor screen and sound system and can play up to 2 movies (of your choice) along with the movies for anyone who has not been out to our place we have a big fire pit and of course we have the Macaws man cave. Kind of a something for everyone set up.
    We would love to hear back from you all if you think this would be something you would enjoy. Oh popcorn and candy will be available for the movies our treat!

Mitch

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Mitch whatever you and you honey do, we are in. We will get to Clarksville on Thursday so this time around we don't miss out on anything . Count us in whatever the "Family" decides.
    Big thank's in advance to Colette, @Designer and to you. Looking forward to another great event in Clarksville VA.
    About the Pig "I'll" be there. :00008172::00008356::00008235::00008359::00002485:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Mitch

I vote for your house on Friday evening. And is Darby's Tavern considered. Love that place and the food was great, and the ride was fantastic.

The girls can watch movies and we can wrench and clean if you are ok with that.

• I'm down with what ever you all decide!! We're looking forward to meeting you all more than anything else, so any extracurricular activities will be a bonus!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Mitch

I vote for your house on Friday evening. And is Darby's Tavern considered. Love that place and the food was great, and the ride was fantastic.

The girls can watch movies and we can wrench and clean if you are ok with that.

We can definitely look into Darby's as a stop
    Let me work on that

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Fridays winery tour.

I haven't had much luck working with Rosemont Winery, it is a beautiful place but geared more towards events like weddings. The cost was just getting too high and organizing becoming more complicated.

So on to our plan B. Home Page
    This is a pretty nice place with both a winery and a brewery at the same location. They have a food truck on site and do not require advance payment. The only thing they ask is for a head count so they can bring in some extra help. It is in an area with some great roads. Ride out would be about 2 hours but ride back will be shorter.

@Designer is already working on the route and we will make a trip out next week to see the site.

Look like Movie Night will be a go so we will get started on ordering equipment.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Looks good, I found a few pictures.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Sounds like a winner. We are in.

• Hey @MACAWS,
    Velma is working on sneaking out of work a little early on that Friday. Me, I can finagle the whole day off. We may not make it for the Friday festivities, but we will definitely be there for Saturday and Sunday!!!!. Can't wait to see all of our extended families and friends once again. Since there will be no Vendors to distract Velma, I'm sure I will get to do a lot more hanging out...instead of boosting my mod status!!!!!! :00008172:
    Thanks for a great weekend, and we will see you soon. :thumbup:

• Hey @MACAWS,
    Velma is working on sneaking out of work a little early on that Friday. Me, I can finagle the whole day off. We may not make it for the Friday festivities, but we will definitely be there for Saturday and Sunday!!!!. Can't wait to see all of our extended families and friends once again. Since there will be no Vendors to distract Velma, I'm sure I will get to do a lot more hanging out...instead of boosting my mod status!!!!!! :00008172:
    Thanks for a great weekend, and we will see you soon. :thumbup:

If you get out early I am sure you will make it for Movie night!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Movie Night is on!

Mrs. Macaws struck a deal with Bring The Big Screen and we will have an Outdoor double feature at the Flying Pig Ranch Friday September 29th 7:30 pm. There will be fresh popcorn and candy.

Open seating for all who want to join us.

Next thing is to pick 2 movies - its your night so you all get to pick
    lets hear what you want to see.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!