Personal safety issue

• Yesterday I was just starting my ride...going down the expressway my ball cap flew off the e brake handle and into the medium....I almost caught it... Anyway my girl friend bought the hat so I thought I would go back to find it....I parked along the berm with flashers on...and proceeded to walk the medium on the side I lost it on.....after walking about two miles without finding it I was headed back toward the bike. A car pulls up with a girl driving and a guy beside her. They asked if I needed help....I tried to flag them on telling them I was ok and they should get out of there before they got killed because their rear end was hallway into the passing lane and the speed limit is 65. Well when I looked back they were still sitting there and in my head I'm running the scenario that they might be going through....

My guess is they came from the other direction and passed me walking and saw my bike there with the flashers on and turned around to catch up to me...the only thing I can think is they may have wanted me to get in the car so they could...use your imagination here...it scared the crap out of me and I started to run walk toward my bike. I looked back again and they were still sitting there halfway on the highway ...my guess is they couldn't make up their mine on what to do....

The lesson here is.... I was pretty stupid to waste my time looking for a $5 hat. I think I was lucky because I don't think they were from AAA... But this is a lesson on how fast an innocent situation could have turned on a dime.

So today I was looking for ways to mount a holster in the bike.

• I won't leave my SS without taking the key if doing something like that. And I don't mean to be an A$$ here, but mount a holster on yourself. One in the Sling would have done you no good unless you took your weapon with you. I sleep with two things I can reach for, a high intensity flashlight, and my choice of evening protection. I have my daily on me at all times from the time I leave the house. I even mow the grass with it. I pretty much do everything with it on my person, but shower. Learn to have it as part of you, not some foreign thing that you carry once in awhile.

Granted, I've only thought a handful of times that I might need it. But I'll err to the safe side, just like with my fire extinguishers, in case. I never want to be in fear of my safety, or those around me. Especially my family. I've seen the world change greatly in my lifetime.... I'm not paranoid but I will not trust in the good of others when it comes to my life or my families lives. I hope for it, pray for it, and stay prepared for it just in case.

That said, I hope they were just naive people that wanted to check to see if you needed help. Naive only because of how they stopped, not because they checked. Glad it worked out for you in any case.

• Having been lucky enough to survive my first assault... I no longer rely on lucky in sketchy situations (bad things can happen anytime/any place) ~> So be vigilant, always carry, and continually practice your draw!

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• Amazon.com | Military Leg Bag, DDDH Waterproof Nylon Tactical Waist Pack Outdoor Hiking Daypack With Gun Holder(Black2) | Waist Packs

This comes with those yellow zipper grabs...I tucked in all the grabs except the one for the holster compartment... Really easy to see and grab.

Riding my recumbent trike it slides around a little so I used clear double faced tape and black shelve rubber liner to cover the entire back of the bag...it stays put pretty well and I'm sure on your gas pedal leg it won't move around much.

Amazon.com - Con-Tact Brand Grip Premium Non-Adhesive Non-Slip Shelf and Drawer Liner, 12-Inches by 4-Feet, Black - Contact Grip Black