Welter Performance Cat Back Stealth Series Rear Exit Exhaust System for the Polaris Slingshot

• The newest rear exit Welter Performance exhaust system for the Polaris Slingshot is here. The Stealth Series Exhaust has been created to address a few issues that customers shared in their product feedback on other versions of the Welter exhaust. This system reduces emissions smell from entering into the cockpit by keeping the exit pipe down low near the ground. It's called the "stealth" because the exhaust is tucked low and out of the way of other mods such as trailer hitches and luggage systems, that have been quite popular for the Slingshot. The same WP patented design will carry the pipes through the transmission tunnel, to insure no reduction in ground clearance.

Benefits of the WP Stealth Series Rear Exit Exhaust System from Welter Performance

• Drastically reduces firewall heat by allowing hot exhaust gases to flow behind the Slingshot
    • Exits the exhaust out the rear and low to the ground to allow for luggage systems and trailer hitches
    • Easy on the ears because the sound exits behind the Slingshot
    • Reduces emissions smell because of the rear exit design

Features of the WP Dual Rear Exit Exhaust System from Welter Performance

• Mandrel bent 2" piping for smooth exhaust flow
    • Compatible with Stock Manifold, 1320 Header & Alpha Header
    • Removable DB Inserts for Mild or Wild Exhaust Note
    • CNC Machined Flange
    • Header Wrapped Aluminized Steel through transmission tunnel

Patent Pending

More info about this product can be found here: Polaris Slingshot Stealth Series Rear Exit Exhaust System by Welter Performance

http://www.slingmods.com/welte…-system-polaris-slingshot

Our Collection:
    Rykers: 2019 Ryker 600 | 2019 Ryker 900 Rally
    Spyders: 2017 F3-S | 2018 RT Limited | 2019 F3 Limited
    Slingshots: 2015 Base | 2015 SL | 2016.5 SLE | 2018 SLR

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• @Pascal @KayTwo Welter will be coming out with a version for models who have superchargers and turbos! That should be available within a few weeks! They are finishing up testing on the prototypes as we speak.

Our Collection:
    Rykers: 2019 Ryker 600 | 2019 Ryker 900 Rally
    Spyders: 2017 F3-S | 2018 RT Limited | 2019 F3 Limited
    Slingshots: 2015 Base | 2015 SL | 2016.5 SLE | 2018 SLR

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• Nice. Like the low profile, and I don't mind the 2" since chances of us adding any form of boost are relatively low for at least the next few years.

If you think there is even a possibility of boosting your engine in the future, buy the 2.5. It will cost alot more in the future to replace the whole system.

• If you think there is even a possibility of boosting your engine in the future, buy the 2.5. It will cost alot more in the future to replace the whole system.

But if I recall correctly, the 2.5" version doesn't fit above the frame, right? I'm not interested in losing all that clearance under the Sling.

• The Welter 2.5" version does fit up above the frame - with the two cans out the back. Just installed it this past week.
    I did see where Welter indicated they are close to completing a 2.5" single can / stealth version for boosted engines.

Right, the stealth 2.5" version is the one I like, but I'm still not clear on whether it's going to fit above the frame or not. You replaced the transmission mount on yours to get it to fit, didn't you?

• Yes I replaced the transmission mount for my installl.

I understand the same will be required for the stealth version as well. I am guessing the stealth version uses the same parts up to the third / last pipe. Instead of splitting into a Y and hanging from the underside of the rear deck, I could see the stealth version mounting to the frame near the battery box and ending there. I suspect they may have to consider some heat build up in the area - just guessing.

There is no way to get the the 2.5" pipe past the stock transmission mount for either of the rear discharge versions. The Welter transmission mount seems beefier than stock - IMO.

• I received the 2.5" version at Texas Hill Country Rally. They had to adapt the design for superchargers/turbos so they exhaust fumes would not go back to into the cockpit. The exhaust performs and sounds great.