Need help with Allthingsslingshot.com

• Does anyone personally know anything about recent business at Allthingsslingshot.com???

I’m having a problem getting a top that I ordered and paid for on March 23, 2020.

After waiting four weeks, and hearing nothing, I emailed them several times before I got a response from Kevin. He blamed the delay on subcontractors that closed because of the Covid crisis. He asked he to be patient. I understood, he can’t control Covid issues...

A few weeks later he said production was starting again and my order would be done soon. I waited patiently again.

In June he said my top would ship next, the backlog was almost cleared. I waited patiently...

After writing to him last week, he said he had a meeting with the upholstery people and would have news for me by the end of the day. That was last Wednesday. No email from him. On Thursday evening, I wrote to him and received a response on Friday saying he had a meeting with production and would have news for me by the end of the day. Since that was Friday, I knew he was just blowing me off for the weekend. But, I waited patiently...

It is now the end of Monday, July 13 and still no response. I just finished emailing him again, and I’m starting to lose my patience. So here I am...

Is ALLTHINGSSLINGSHOT.COM legit? Is this guy Kevin a master scammer? He always seems to have an excuse (legit sounding excuses) as to why he has my money and I have no product since MARCH.

Should I contact the consumer affairs section of the Michigan Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau to ask for an investigation/intervention?

Looking for input before I lose patience and start making pissed consumer phone calls.

Thanks

• I know several of the Canadian folks on this Slingshot forum. Talking to one this evening and the 'border' is still closed. My friend was hope to come down in Aug for a rally --- and NO Go... Kevin is in Canada with his business in both countries... I'm sure that is making things difficult and as a business owner in Indiana it is sometimes difficult for me to get the products I need to complete a project. Kevin has been a positive force in the Slingshot community and I believe that he will make things right with you.

• First of all, I'm sorry to hear of your trouble getting your roof. I don't have any knowledge of the parts supplier or the roof manufacturer, but I can vouch for Kevin and his integrity. He has a good reputation with his customer service and communicating in a timely manner. He may be going through things that are out of his control, but I have never heard of him scamming ANYONE. Unlike some former vendors that used to be on the forum that have been less than honest with their dealings, the Kevin I know would not do that to any customer. You can do what you'd like, but I do think it will get resolved quicker and with less animosity if you hold off going outside the forum/dealer and file complaints with the BBB or anyone. That's just my opinion, but if you can speak with him and both come to an understanding with your options spelled out, I'm sure it will get resolved one way or another.

We all wish you the best, but you have not been scammed

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Bikerndiver, my dealings with Kevin in the past have been great, but do understand how the lack of communication could be frustrating. As others have said kev will come through and I am sure he is having similar frustrations on his side.

The vendor that Funinthesun mentions takes it to an all time high and it took me nearly a 1-1/2 to get my parts and constant emails to get action and was close to having to rake him to court.

• I get the Covid delays and I know he can’t do anything about that. And, I have been patient. Don’t forget this is going on for nearly 4 months now.

kev has offered to refund my money or give me a large discount off what I paid. I opted to keep my order in and take a store discount instead. But even then, the center console I ordered on June 17 hasn’t shipped yet...no explanation. Even worse, I’m seeing people I know order SS goodies from another vendor and their stuff arrives in a timely manner.

Very frustrating. I’ll be patient a little longer...

• OK, good news! I no sooner posted the above reply when I got an email from kev telling me that the center console was scheduled to be delivered to my home today. He had been busy and forgot to send out my tracking number.

As for the top.... Well, he asked me to be patient for a bit longer. It is possible that the top might actually ship at the end of next week. There was a powdercoating issue that had to be resolved.

It seems you folks may be right about Kevin after all. Decent guy just too busy!

• Like other's have said, kev is definitely not a scammer. I've worked with him a lot over the last few years. He was ZZP's biggest supporter when we first entered the market a few years ago and moved a lot of turbo kits for me. I've bought a few things from him and service has always been great. I honestly think the COVID pandemic is playing into this heavily. He operates out of Canada for the most part and most things are drop shipped aside from the products he makes personally. As a fellow manufacturer, I can say that we are struggling as a company to keep up with demand. People are still spending money and the pandemic hasn't seemed to affect that side of the business much but from a manufacturing side there are a lot of issues. Especially with a LOT of the suppliers we use for materials are here in MI and the majority were forced to shut down for 6 weeks when the pandemic first hit. Since then, trying to get regular shipments of materials for manufacturing has been nothing short of difficult. I don't know what top you ordered but I would imagine that if it was one that Kevin makes himself, it will take some time. Talking with other Canadian friends, it sounds like things are moving pretty slow on that side of the border. Our shipments going into Canada which normally take 2-5 business days are taking weeks in some cases. I would imagine parts coming over to us are not getting through much quicker.

I personally think that contacting the consumer affairs section of the Michigan Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau to ask for an investigation/intervention is going a little extreme. Especially with the country in the state that it is in and as you can see, there isn't anyone else here saying anything negative about him. He could stand to communicate better with you I will give you that. However, I'm sure he has a lot going on on his side trying to navigate his way through all of this as a one man show. If you are on FaceBook, try reaching out to him via FB messenger. That is how I communicate with him the majority of the time and it seems to work best. That is all just my 2 cents but I would vouch for Kevin being a stand up business guy any time.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Glad the situation seems to be working out for you.

COVID has screwed a bunch of things up. I ordered a limited edition synthesizer (unrelated to Slingshots obviously) before COVID hit and I'm still waiting.

Kev, you want to toss me a deal for a top, I would not protest... ;)

• yes i have to apologize for just being crazy swamped with all the covid delays then record heat spells here shutting us down again it has just been unbearable.. from time to time. I

do admit to falling too far behind and probably better communication should always be on my top priorities . and thanks guys for all the support . All customers are always welcome to a full refund if they cant wait when these times get us down and if they agree to stick with us like Bikerndiver did , they are explained we do the best we can given the circumstances and in this case , we dont even expect to profit from such an unfortunate delay and reimburse the profit portion and agree to all the hours of hard work and frustration at cost as we do appreciate the customers business and position . In this case a $ 200.00 credit was issued to the customer and he was sent a $250.00 UAS center console for $50.00. We aim to please though it becomes difficult at times . we will catch up quickly now as things progress

• Who outside of the business world would know how bad the supply chain is right now....

I for one had no idea. I’m a happy Allthings slingshot customer and will sit tight until the top comes in.

I was in my local Lowe's a few days ago looking for a simple 15A wall outlet and they had a fifteen foot section of shelving with only 10 or so boxes of product. The clerk told me they're having a hard time getting new stock delivered. I've also noticed similar problems at some other stores.