What did you do to keep the heat down

• Went on a 4 hour drive on the sling with my son. He looked somewhat uncomfortable but didn't complain. Today he did mention it got too hot. So I will be changing the exhaust on the sling. What type of exhaust did you go with and did it help with the heat issue ?

1320 header with DDM blanket & Alpha side exit with oval Jag resonated tip ........

Make sure to add Noels mat kit, they help a bunch

Then get yourself about 10 feet of 2"x2" grey foam used for sealing up AC units, put the sling in a closed garage, set a light in each footwell, pop the hood, turn off the garage light and start stuffing until it gets dark in the engine compartment. Don't forget under the frame rails at the mirror mounts also behind and under the ECM.... hot air enters the steering column there and blows out on your feet.

I also did this ........

This is not my idea, I saw it in a related post and cannot find it again so if the rider who originally suggested this would please post and take credit .....

The way it was originally posted I wasn't sure if it was a joke but it made sense so I decided to try it and it works. A nice light breeze of air that flushes out the foot wells without ever becoming obtrusive. Must be due to the shape of the fenders but the airflow seems to stay pretty constant from just moving to highway speed.

Used two 3 inch to 2-1/2 inch silicone hose reducer 90* elbows (one for each side) ....drilled a hole for a zip tie..... stuck them in between the frame rails....zip tied them to one of the rails.

They would probably stay put without the zip tie but with you can move them around and adjust/direct/stop the airflow without risk of them falling out.

View attachment 20046

Simple...effective...barely noticeable ..and to the originator.... brilliant

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• The reason I asked is because I have a double bubble waiting to be put on to induce "turbulence" in the cockpit, which from all accounts, it will. Just trying to wait until it gets really hot before trying different things (so I can judge what really worked).

• I had the stock rad and manifold painted in ceramic. I also got some self adhesive heat shield ($100 US) and while the rad was out I put it on the passenger compartment and went under the floor to the rail at the back about 36". I took the left over piece and I also covered the passenger side transmission tunnel. This was a 2 person job( I didn't use my wife as I wanted to stay married) as I had removed the adhesive cover and it took a bit of trouble to put it in so it didn't adhere to the wrong place. The few rides this year it seems to work better. I can put my hand about a 1/4" off the muffler and it isn't hot. The trick is to make cardboard templates before you start cutting the heat shield.

• I ordered a low profile heat/sound barrier mats from Eastwood. 9 mats come in a box for about $90.00 and it can be cut and they are peel and stick. I places they them under my floor mats, behind the golve box and under the passanger seat. I will need to take on a test drive to see if it makes a difference. I will report back.

• looks good and should do a good job. I will have to say that the new OE heat shield and deflector installed on the new Slingshots do help alot. Yesterday's 100 plus temps were not as bad as the old SS.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: