Tire Costs in USA

• Question for everyone.

With all the different Tire threads in here, no one has ever posted costs of these said tires.

Now, I am well aware tire costs in the USA are significantly cheaper than I can get them for up here. We have a 2009 Ford Taurus X and were quoted for tires at $1200. I priced out the very same tires through Walmart in Devils Lake, ND at $400, and at $25 per tire install, it was well worth my time to travel down south for them.

Now, the one I got up here for my rear tire was a Nitto, (forget the type, but was their Wet Performance line) and cost me $300. Still running stock Kenda's on the front.

So, what are tires running for you guys? I am looking at the 18" and the 20" stock rims. Nothing fancy for me yet, lol.

• BFG G-Force Comp 2 --- 225-45ZR-18 is $133.45 tread width is 8.8 inches and the 255-35ZR-20 is $138.45 tread width is 10 inches. This is Tire Rack prices. This is what I am putting on before Maggie Valley because of the wider tread width. I do like the General AS-03 for the dry and the wet grip. The General G-Max 225 with the 7.6 inch tread width is $98.25. The 255 with a 9 inch tread width is $102.25

• My stock 18" fronts are in great shape- my 20" rear is about ready to replace at over 14000 miles. I see no sense in replacing it until I get the recalls done- brakes are bad enough now, I won't do the twisties. Being as my mod budget was wiped out by personal stuff for the year, I am putting another stock Kenda on it. :(255/35ZR20 Kenda Radial SS-799 New 12/32 97W $88.93 shipping included on Ebay. Has a batch code of 0515 or better, per seller (unitedtires). I figure that is good enough, as the tire will only last me a year.

• I just thought the price in Canada was always higher but the value of your dollar made the difference up. But holy cow thier shouldn't be that much of a difference should their?

I only live about 3/5 an hour from the border, and it is only a 2 hour drive to Devil's Lake. So the cost for fuel is negligible and the difference in the fuel itself makes up for the trip right away.

From there, I have found that tires are just "one of those things" that are THAT much cheaper in the USA.

So, here.... the Continental Conti-Extreme Contact is $222.22 for the 225-45-18
    And the rear tire is the Nitto Motivo which I bought last year at $220.49 for the 255-35-20.

Not including mounting & balancing, I am looking at around $800 for all 3 tires. At the current rate of exchange at 75% if anything comes back at under $600, it is cheaper than getting them done up here.

Getting them at $510, is worth my trip and time.

• Just double checked my invoice from Discount Tire 3 Nitto 555 stock sizes....
    $510.99.....Out the door...end of March 2016. I have 20,000+ miles on them at this point. Fronts look real good, will probably put a new tire on the back before
    head out to Maggie Valley....Riding the mountain twistys want a good tire.

• Yeah, the price is right, and I get to go for a ride. Always a bonus.

The only down side is I can't charge it, lol. Needs to be cash & carry....Something to be said for local sometimes, lol. Need to mull this over