Tires for Ram 3500 dually

• Help! Looks like it is tire buying time. I'd be grateful if you would share your tire buying wisdom with me just as you did for the Slingshot! I have no idea what brand to look at anymore. I'll be going to Discount Tire, but I don't want to be the gullible woman who walks in the door. Thanks!!

Running original General Ameritrac now.

• Go to http://www.discounttire.com and select Tires...Tires by Vehicle...Year...Ram...3500...Trim Level and you can see what tires DT has for your vehicle. I didn't know your Year or Trim, so I picked 2015 and 2WD and DT listed 6 tires from COOPER DISCOVERER HTP LT235 /80 R17 120R E1 BSW starting at $145 each to MICHELIN LTX M/S2
    LT235 /80 R17 120R E1 BSW GM starting at $226. The Michelin tire had a 70,000 mile warranty with the BRIDGESTONE DUELER LTH ($205 each) and the YOKOHAMA YK-HTX ($195 each) both ofering 50,000 mile warranties. The other 3 brands didn't list any warranty (the COOPER described above, the BRIDGESTONE DURAVIS R500 HD and the NITTO DURA GRAPPLER).
    I'd probably go with the Michelin, which, while it is more expensive, only costs about 16% more than the cheaper Yokohama, yet has a 40% longer warranty. All 3 tires with warranties are listed as the BEST choice tire.

• Michelin tires are the longest wearing tires by far. My father worked for a synthetic rubber manufacturer for his entire career and he said Michelin were the strictest purchasers they dealt with for quality control. Firestone were the worst buying everybody's rejects. The only problem I find with Michelin tires up here is they are a hard tire and not good for slippery roads.
    I tried hankook ATM on my 3/4 ton dodge a few yrs ago as they were semi aggressive and in stock for the size I wanted and price was good. Just called this week to get my truck in for a new set of hankooks which will be my third set getting about 70,000 miles on each set. I think that with my truck with the Diesel engine which is real heavy on the front (guessing yours is probably a diesel also) finding a tire that is 10ply and wears good is hard to do.