Pros and Cons

• Just need to sell my parents on it now, theyre concerned on the safety because of the no airbags, but i mean if you get hit hard enough in any vehicle youre gonna be done anyway. Airbags only protect from front or rear end accidents and only reduce injuries not stop them

• Just need to sell my parents on it now, theyre concerned on the safety because of the no airbags, but i mean if you get hit hard enough in any vehicle youre gonna be done anyway. Airbags only protect from front or rear end accidents and only reduce injuries not stop them

Would you get a motorcycle if you didn't get a Slingshot? If not it may be a hard sell for them

Let's get mom and dad on the forum and we'll get them up to speed

sent from my FAST red slingshot

• Buy the one you fell in love with!! You are 16 you will have plenty of time to mod later on enjoy it stock for as long as you can. At your age insurance is going to take all your mod money anyway. These things are a blast to drive even when left stock power wise. You will be the envy of the high school as you drift thru the parking lot. All the girls will want you and all the guys will want to be you.

You know what? @slolane is absolutely correct.

If I had this beast back in highschool....damn!

So yes, buy the one that you are falling for. Hold that head high and ride hard.

• I started beggin for a motorcycle at 16 - parents said no way - no how - ain't gonna happen. Got one at 18 and my always witty Dad said "have fun on it - I just took out a BIG life insurance policy on you". "WHY DAD"?? "So when you kill yourself me and your mother will have plenty money to bury you and get back all the money I wasted raising you". He loved me ;(:00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• All the girls will want you and all the guys will want to be you.

Unfortunately, it's just not that simple anymore!

You see, some of the girls will only want other girls. Also, some of the girls USED to be boys. Likewise, some of the boys only want other boys & could care less about cool vehicles; and, some of those boys USED to be girls. Etc. :00008862::00005129:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Would you get a motorcycle if you didn't get a Slingshot? If not it may be a hard sell for them

Let's get mom and dad on the forum and we'll get them up to speed

sent from my FAST red slingshot

Remember, this thing is rated the same as a Motorcycle. For safety, look at it from THAT point of view only. The Sling is NOT a car. It is not as safe as a car. It was never meant to be anything like a car.

That being said ... it is easily safer than any bike on the road. People as so used to seeing bikes that they just don't "see" them any more.

The Slingshot is it's own beast! It takes up the entire lane and has the "presence" of the car. However, it's look screams "SEE ME". People may very well get into accidents around you, no word of a lie. I've seen it. Everyone will see you. and THAT makes it 10 times safer than any bike on the road.

I am a Paramedic of 22 years. Every single Motorbike accident I've attended, the driver of the other vehicle says, "I didn't even see them"

Now... Like any vehicle, respect it. that stock 2.4 feels like a beast under that light weight chassis. Learn how it feels and how it responds. It is different from anything you've driven before. It is not a bike, nor is it a car. But, if you respect it, you are going to have the time of your life growing up with this thing.

• Youre absolutely right, im currently training to be an emt and every call ive been on involving a motorcycle accident or Ive heard of is due to the motorcycles small profile or riding into a blindspot on an intersection

• Youre absolutely right, im currently training to be an emt and every call ive been on involving a motorcycle accident or Ive heard of is due to the motorcycles small profile or riding into a blindspot on an intersection

EMT .... good for you.

Also, while yes, you'll do donuts like mad....the one thing you can't do is a wheelie. Not even @rabtech has done one...... yet.

Wheelie's kill.....plain and simple. There are just a lot of Dumb stunts you simply can't even attempt to do with a Sling. If anything....you could attempt to explain to your parents how responsible you are being by NOT looking into a Bike. :00000004:

OK, ask your mom or dad if they ever climbed around the car when it was moving when they were kids. Safety is a big factor today, but come on. You got to live a little. OK, I'm a little weird, I just drove up to a house with an armed guy in his house because no one else would. Well, someone had to talk to him. ;(:D My point is, people need to see what's out there to live, go out there, look out there,.....live life, just my 2 cents :rolleyes: