Powder coated Swingarm PROBLEM!!

• I want to let everyone who is having their recall done who is considering powder coding or paining there swingarm needs this information

I sent my swingarm out and had a powder coated they removed the bearings and then pressed the bearings back in ....when they pressed the bearing back ....they pressed them too far now Colemans is charging me $200 to replace the bearing because it ruined it i've included the pictures they sent me so if you have this done beware don't let them press the bearing in too far

• Sorry to hear of your problems. It should be a warning to everyone that is going to have theirs powder coated. Have your DEALER remove the old bearings for you and have they install NEW bearings once the powder coating is done. For the work involved and the relative minor costs, it's not worth the risk of having to reuse the bearings (even though they WERE new before being removed) and to have the skilled Polaris techs doing the work. Somethings you can get away with, but for the savings of a few dollars, this isn't one of those cases (IMHO)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I want to let everyone who is having their recall done who is considering powder coding or paining there swingarm needs this information

I sent my swingarm out and had a powder coated they removed the bearings and then pressed the bearings back in ....when they pressed the bearing back ....they pressed them too far now Colemans is charging me $200 to replace the bearing because it ruined it i've included the pictures they sent me so if you have this done beware don't let them press the bearing in too far

Sorry to hear about this @BatPower. Would think that since they made the error they would cover the repair. But, that sounds about right for Coleman's customer service. Thanks for the heads up.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Sorry to hear of your problems. It should be a warning to everyone that is going to have theirs powder coated. Have your DEALER remove the old bearings for you and have they install NEW bearings once the powder coating is done. For the work involved and the relative minor costs, it's not worth the risk of having to reuse the bearings (even though they WERE new before being removed) and to have the skilled Polaris techs doing the work. Somethings you can get away with, but for the savings of a few dollars, this isn't one of those cases (IMHO)

I understand what your saying but
    Colemans wanted $180 a bearing ....70 for bearing $110 labor per side yes that's right $180 A BEARING.....so if I had both sides done it would be close to $400 with taxes and shop charges
    So you can see why I picked it up and it took me 10 minutes to pull and replace it in the proper spot personally I think that's outrageous and yes they said the 1/8 " was to much ......also so everyone knows they have a special tool they use to place the bearing the proper distance so in the future I would recommend you just leave it out.....and let your dealer place it in the proper position..... well unless he wants a $180 to do it... I need to clarify something Colemans did not put the bearing back in the Powder Coat shop did it that's why Colemans were going to charge me to remove it and replace it

• I was considering having the replacement swinging arm on my one done, before it's replaced but now I'm considering leaving it as standard.

Any additional advice will be greatly apreciated.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• I was considering having the replacement swinging arm on my one done, before it's replaced but now I'm considering leaving it as standard.

Any additional advice will be greatly apreciated.

I would still have it done ✅ just make sure they don't press the bearing back to far every shop has a special tool they use to put it in the correct depth so just leave at a 1/4 inch and have your dealer put it in the correct depth

I had everything don at the dealer including powder coating ($ 125.00 for powder coating and $ 43.00 for new bearing)

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch