SLINGSHOTS IN THE ROCKIES,July12-16

• Woo Hoo!!!!!

Leaving 1 week from today for SSITR. Staying overnight on the 10th in Sturgis and heading to Beaver Creek on the 11th.

Getting very excited!!!!

Sounds like beautiful weather too.... right up till the Vail ....

Vail, Colorado 14 Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Network

Thought we booked Sunshine for this? I know I signed on for sunshine, lol.

• Have a fun & safe trip @MBMedic!

Well getting new shoes on for the trip because last year I had to go into Denver to get a new rear tire, I wouldn't be able to pass Henry's inspection for the Hill Climb.
    Discount Tire in PB is having issues trying to set the beed to the rim and they've done the strap, air gun & letting it sit in the sun, but still not seating...so now I'm at a stand still...

This is the gap

Rear tire

What's left on the current fronts

So I'm gonna have to use the current fronts and just replace the rear.

• That's going to be some cold rides!

• Is anyone shipping anything there? I'm shipping a part for install and have never shipped to a hotel before. Hotel name in care of my name? Forecast is having me reevaluate my packing list, but the 2 days in Moab prior to there is keeping shorts in the bag!

We are going to have a great time!

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Is anyone shipping anything there? I'm shipping a part for install and have never shipped to a hotel before. Hotel name in care of my name? Forecast is having me reevaluate my packing list, but the 2 days in Moab prior to there is keeping shorts in the bag!

We are going to have a great time!

Ship to the Hotel in care of your name, contact the front desk to let them know that a package is expected and when to expect it, also confirm your stay. You should have no problems doing so.

• Most shops are in too much of a hurry to inflate the tires and when they have issues, they don't think it out. A simple fix to it (I've done it to literally hundreds of tires is to simply remove the valve stem core before trying to inflate the tire. That removes the restriction letting the air fill the tire faster. I'm sure if he's a knowledgeable installer, he's already tried it, but if not have him give it a try. It may surprise him and you'll be a god in his eyes

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• My plan is to leave Friday and go as far Omaha NE ( 650 miles ) for the night. Saturday we are going to try to make Grand Junction CO. ( 775 miles ). Sunday we are going to stay on 70 to scenic byway 95 in Utah and stop in Blanding UT. for the night. Monday we are going to Moab and Arches depending on how much time we spend in the park that will depend on where we spend the night. If we hang around Moab we can meet @Texas T and his bride for dinner. Tues. we will head to Vail as I changed my resv. from Wed. to Tues. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• Have a fun & safe trip @MBMedic!

Well getting new shoes on for the trip because last year I had to go into Denver to get a new rear tire, I wouldn't be able to pass Henry's inspection for the Hill Climb.

LOL, that's why I had him check out my tires when I saw him a few weeks ago, lol. And he knocked the brakes out of the park with his Bleed. Dang those are tight now.

That's going to be some cold rides!

Nothing I'm not used to up here. It really hasn't gotten hot yet. Only spiking over 89 - 90 here this week.

Besides, after coming across South Dakota and into Denver, we'll be ready to cool down.

C ya's there.

• For the past few days my rear has been making an aweful creaking noise, but was only able to get it looked at today. Was getting so nervous because I was thinking worst case scenario I'm looking at bearings..... :00006725:

Dodged that bullet. Seems when we changed out the shocks, the belt pulled a little tighter and was causing the noise. Backed it off and all's right with the world now. :thumbsup:

I was really hoping we didn't have to cancel this close to the event. :/

• Leaving in two days!

Trailer packed, hitch on, new 555G2's all around. Friday night will be singing Amarillo by morning. Saturday Taos NM, Sunday Delores CO, Monday and Tuesday Moab (dinner with @slolane and his wife) I will see y'all Wednesday! I have an appointment with @Turbosling Wednesday and then @Jeff Welter on Thursday. See y'all there - meeting new friends and old!

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Leaving in two days!

Trailer packed, hitch on, new 555G2's all around. Friday night will be singing Amarillo by morning. Saturday Taos NM, Sunday Delores CO, Monday and Tuesday Moab (dinner with @slolane and his wife) I will see y'all Wednesday! I have an appointment with @Turbosling Wednesday and then @Jeff Welter on Thursday. See y'all there - meeting new friends and old!

Watch your speed in Delores... It's a speed trap like none you've ever seen.

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• Leaving in two days!

Whoohooo, See you in Moab @Texas T can't wait for this epic trip to start!!!!

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• Just a heads up, I know this shouldn't impact any of us since we are a week out and we have some of the best fire fighters on the planet...but be careful getting up there. Evacuation orders have been given to some residents.

Wildfire near Breckenridge causing evacuations - KOAA.com | Continuous News | Colorado Springs and Pueblo

Sent from my LG-H872 using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...