Don't have the red headlights on when driving.

• Ok so just to update everyone.....I tried to connect my brake lights to my wind screen and had a catastrophic failure...my brake lights and 4 ways stopped working...

So you can not run with the wind screen lit up at all according to the LEOs...now it becomes a useless ornament ... only pretty when you park....waste of money...

And probably killed my warranty....

• Ok so just to update everyone.....I tried to connect my brake lights to my wind screen and had a catastrophic failure...my brake lights and 4 ways stopped working...

So you can not run with the wind screen lit up at all according to the LEOs...now it becomes a useless ornament ... only pretty when you park....waste of money...

And probably killed my warranty....

That's a catastrophic Polaris problem for sure.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Now I'm getting worried. I brought this up about the wind screens running red lights. Which are visible front and back. And the red LED that comes with it is very bright. I have it etched with the flame pattern and you basically can not see out the back with the rear view mirror. I'm thinking about connecting it to my brake light so it only lights up when stopping. Which will be even cooler than having it always lit. Surely will get your attention.

That's the back view. But the front looks the same. Nothing says fire truck like red flames coming at you.

That is actually a great idea. I wonder if simply running another Brake light switch would bypass your issue? Plug this into a different power system (auxiliary fuse box?) and hook it up independent of the existing brakes.

Would be cool to see it just light up when the brakes are hit. Plus side, the Local LEO's wouldn't raise any eyebrows at you while just driving along.

That said..... if you've already flagged their attention with questionable driving techniques, they'll definitely take note of your lit up billboard as they pull you over.

• I want to make this work but I created a big problem...

do not try to connect it to the brake lights...my brake lights stopped working...bike is in the shop now..

That said someone said it could possibly be done using a relay....I'm not an electrical guy so I don't know if and how it would work...

We need someone with good electrical knowledge to tackle this problem...

Another option would be not using red LEDs and using white instead....

One more thing...I have the plug and play tail fin center brake light blinker that flashes when you hit the brakes....I did have that working on the windscreen....but then you have a red blinking light that can be seen from the front of the vehicle which would look light a cop car...

Even having the thing light up only when you hit the brakes could still be an issue...

I'm not sure what the answer is...not having lit or only having it lit when you're not driving is stupid IMO...