Painter's Posse to SSITS17

• @TheRock I appreciate the suggestion, but Jim and I want all the Posse to enjoy the trip.

We will just poke along with a few bursts here and there.

I did suggest for those trailering that they don't follow us on 25e.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• @bjk81 I was gonna tell you there was some long vetting process and a fee!!! Haha. You have been added to the official Posse list!!

Putting him thru the 'hazing' process with @Tripod on Sunday for Brunch....
    I think he can handle it. We haven't lost very many in the last two years....

• Maybe there will be stations kitty corner from each other or across the street so we can get it and go quicker. :thumbsup:

the one at the Corbin exit is a Pilot station. They have a lot of pumps. Just don't put diesel in!!!

• We are getting to MV on Sunday. We are planning on driving up and meeting you all at the last gas stop. So If there are any others who want to join, we might put a ride together from MV up to meet the POSSE!

• List will probably change --- add --- several times as we move closer.....

I think you may be missing 1 or 2 of the spouses but am not completely sure. Just an FYI we have additional members in Ohio (INDY SS RIDERS) that are also wanting to meet up with our crew in route. Wondering if we should include them for shirts or think about taking a few extra in case they want to "tag along" with us once they get there.....?

Always Ready to Ride!!:00000436::BLACKSS:

• I meant to ask about 25E....why no trailers? We were coming as a "chase" truck to support riders....just in case (extra gas, tools etc....)

Kelly, I will add any names to the list that I get...making two lists, Posse list and
    my list for my 'atlas' -- adding all the Slingshot rides that I can....may be in your
    town one day and be 'hungry' --- always fill the gas tank first.

25E is a older smaller US HWY ... Pickup with trailer can do it --- runs just east of
    I65....may be easier to run I65 and meet up.

• OK.this is what I have found out about our Gas Stops on our way to SSITS17
    Start - Everyone should have gas.. I will from the meal the night before!!
    First stop - Circle K, 7201 Fegenbush Lane, Louisville, KY - Has 93 Octane so all good for the super chargers.
    Gas Stop #2 - Pilot Gas Station in Corbin, KY just off of 75S on 25E - I believe it has 93, but if not there are others around.
    Gas Stop #3 - Zoomers (Exxon) - 905 COSBY HWY, NEWPORT, TN 37821 - Could not determine fuel for this place. There is shell right next door so between the two we can all get fuel.

• I meant to ask about 25E....why no trailers? We were coming as a "chase" truck to support riders....just in case (extra gas, tools etc....)

Kelly I just saw this. You can follow us on 25e with not much issue. It has several sttartnamd stops and a few windy spots. I have towed a 5th wheel quite a bit of the way on 25e.
    I was just letting people with trailers the option to bail if the wanted. I should have worded it better. The way Blake drives I am sure he will pass us anyway.

• It is with great sadness that I have to remove our first Posse member. @Fritz329th and his lady will not be joining us on the trip down. We look forward to seeing him in MV.

However, with sad news comes some great news. We have a very special SS rider joining the Posse. The one, the only GP Custom!!!!!!!!

• Thanks for the offer Macaw :00000436:
    Im not staying in Maggie this year or participating in the pay to play, Did not know I would be able to connect with a few drivers and even make it down for the beginning of the festival of Sling :00005129:
    I will be however staying in Knoxville at a friends home for at least a night before playing a spell on Deals gap after they open up the restaurant for my pancakes.
    Everything is very much a work in progress so perhaps there will be a window of opportunity for a bunch of handshakes and goodwill before I pass through. Still have a long drive along the blue ridge pkwy to complete this stage of the adventure back home :00007510:

• This is such a cool thread. Shame we can't party our possies pre Maggie valley.

Cameron we need to pick an in between spot for a long weekend get together!!

• I talked to my wife about joining in with this group on the way down. She said it was up to me, but she'd still just as soon take the 2 lane scenic route down like we planned. However, if you are coming back on Sunday, we might like to join in with. My route will take over twice as long, and there's just not enough time to do that and be back for work on Monday. Otherwise, we will just jump on the interstate and run with all the other crazy nuts on I-75.