A PSA on your PSA

• I wanted to encourage every guy on this forum, and anyone who cares about a guy, to have their PSA checked once a year. This morning I finished my last radiation treatment for prostate cancer. I didn'y have any signs or symptoms of it. The clue that something may be wrong was a PSA level of 4.4 and max for my age was 4. That started us down the road to the diagnoses of prostate cancer.

It was a crappy time for sure. I was diagnosed on a Friday and blew my motor two days later on Sunday driving to work. I have a cousin that ingnored his rising PSA level and it has now metastisised and he is terminal. So please get it checked.

• At my last annual physical, I was surprised (and very appreciative) when the Doctor indicated they don't do the manual exam anymore - so no more rubber gloves!

The focus is now on the PSA level as the primary indicator of a possible issue.

He also said they are trending towards less surgical intervention as the side affects from surgery can often outweigh the benefits.

• HEHEHE
    Wait till you hit 50 and go get the colonoscopy done.
    The DR even gave me a picture so i could remember all the fond memories :thumbsup:
    The only good thing i experienced that day was hearing the Dr say " absolutely no polyps, not one.
    Heck, I didn't even get a female nurse
    I was sure that when I was coming out of the anesthesia and my sight was still fuzzy i saw @Tripod sneaking out the door.

• At my last annual physical, I was surprised (and very appreciative) when the Doctor indicated they don't do the manual exam anymore - so no more rubber gloves!

He also said they are trending towards less surgical intervention as the side affects from surgery can often outweigh the benefits.

Yes. Had the digital exam and nothing, but the PSA was the warning sign and then the contrast MRI showed three small spots

That's what I thought too. But on my last doctor's visit, my doctor told me to remove my pants. I did and asked him where should I hang them. He told me - right over there on the chair next to his!!!

I'm looking for a new doctor as we speak

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• That's what I thought too. But on my last doctor's visit, my doctor told me to remove my pants. I did and asked him where should I hang them. He told me - right over there on the chair next to his!!!

I'm looking for a new doctor as we speak

I never had that happen before, but I wondered how he performed the exam with a hand on each of my shoulders.