Rabtech's Haltech install and other items to make HP

• About to head to breakfast with @Wrenchmn He has been here since Thursday and has been super helpful. I was about to have a breakdown mentally yesterday and he knew it. He jumped in and started handing me tools and even went and bought some cold drinks. And every time Dave asked he dragged me out of the dyno area so Dave could work without me asking questions.

@MACAWS was also here Friday and left Saturday morning early...

I appreciate everything ya'll do for me. Thanks so much.

• About to head to breakfast with @Wrenchmn He has been here since Thursday and has been super helpful. I was about to have a breakdown mentally yesterday and he knew it. He jumped in and started handing me tools and even went and bought some cold drinks. And every time Dave asked he dragged me out of the dyno area so Dave could work without me asking questions.

You are welcome brother - sorry I had to bail so early
    have a Dyno _ Tastic day

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Now THIS is some serious BOOST work going on!!!! I would love to be a fly on the wall as all of this exciting stuff is going on. As for me, I would either ask a billion questions, because I don't have a good working knowledge of all the things going on...or I would be as quiet as a mouse, simply due to pure amazement.

@rabtech, you'll be at Maggie, right? I have GOT to see this beast of a Sling!!!! Truthfully, a boosted power plant in my Slingshot may be further down the line than I had originally hoped. But you can rest assured, it will be the guys at DDM Works doing all the work!!!!

Congrats to you, RAB!!!! :thumbsup: Nice work, DDM!!!! :thumbup:

My pleasure and you are welcome . Back at the office now . Safe travels

Always fun and educational when the Three Stooges or three Monkeys ( @kenny_h) would call us , are together ..

• We have confirmed that we have OBD2 data flowing from the diagnostic port. This in itself is worth the price of admission.....

I have a eBay $20.00 Bluetooth obd2 adapter plugged into a conversation cable and then that is plugged into the the diagram port.

I have any gauge you want to see now all at my fingertips...

• Holy crap! Too cool

• If that's from the dyno, the speedo needs to be calibrated. :):)

Great job. With Bob leading the way, and now Jamie and Dave having the ability to pick up the ball and run, it won't be longer before the sky will be the only limit the slingshot tuning will run into

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Will it log all that data for review later and can you set alarms for each of the gauges?

• If that's from the dyno, the speedo needs to be calibrated. :):)

Great job. With Bob leading the way, and now Jamie and Dave having the ability to pick up the ball and run, it won't be longer before the sky will be the only limit the slingshot tuning will run into

Yep. That is correct speed. It is in 4th. We are using my yellow and natural 4psi springs right now to dial in the tables and get everything happy. When he is happy with what he is seeing he will turn on the boost controller and start looking at that data.

• Actually to add to the "will it log" question.... It will log in the ECU. But remember I'm using Torque and it will log data also. AND my Garmin VIRB camera can overlay obd2 data in real-time in the video I'm recording.

So basically having OBD2 is the open door to data logging and cool toys.

All of that is over my head, but I will take your word for it.

• I don't see oil pressure!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• By the way. Oil pressure is one of those things you either have or don't have on these little engines. People watch oil pressure so they can tell if a bearing has turned or something has changed radically in the bottom end. If something like that happens on these cracker box engines I am willing to bet that we are going to be up shit creek before we can turn the key off.

I'm actually only installing the oil presusre sensor so I can prove to @MACAWS we have plenty of oil pressure.
    :D:D:D:D

• I guess you might be able to stop some of the damage from happening if you noticed a drop in oil pressure. But I have always though of oil pressure as a way to tell if an engine had wear on the main and rod bearings and if you did have wear the oil pressure would be lower. Then you could pull the oil pan off and replace just those bearings and keep the engine alive a few more years.

In this engine I can't see main and rod bearings ever being an issue. But I could see having a blockage somewhere from a random piece of this engine block that breaks away from the casting and gets lodged in the system....

And with that info I could just keep my standard idiot light as a gauge and as long as that light is not on just run the shit out of it......