New 1320 rear exhaust getting ready to hit the market!!

• @supermoto292 We like the 1320 regular short exhaust and the Welter 2.5 exhaust for our supercharger kit.
    We want to come up with something that fits our wants and needs exactly but we are really busy so it will be a while.
    I know the noise and fumes are an issue but they are also part of the fun .. Lol :thumbsup:

Jeff Mellor
    DDMWorks
    119A Highway 183
    Piedmont, SC 29673
    Orders - 864-438-4949
    Tech Support - 864-907-6004
    www.DDMWorks.com

• Being that I ask for this Rear Exhaust system since Maggie Valley Rally and telling me few weeks .. Well thinks were drawn out with setup for turbo and being every other week or maybe every week
    I would not leave Jeff alone .. So think September he gave a call and told me he had a used carbon cans he would send and I agreed and very happy with system and I have F4 +5
    and I really have not had exhaust smell like I had with front side exhaust that I was using.
    Not to say that maybe when humid and hot it may take place.

• I would think there is rectangular heavier wall tubing you could use and sure maybe heavier but if you hit something would not crush and
    for the small length would not really add that much weight. Would have to make rectangular to round adapter.
    Would probably absorb some noise with heavier tubing..
    Something to think about if trying to cut cost.
    But I build lots of things and sometimes cutting cost vs just buying complete not worth the time or wasting of parts just trying to make item.
    I know this with just building the body parts for Slingshot and the molds and testing to make it look and hold up to wind and bumps ect.
    Yikes another year and still not done..
    So give consideration to time and money and effort and lots of cussing.

• Are there any oval exhaust pipes? Say, 6" x 1" that would help for the clearence issue?
    Just trying to think outside the box. :?:

I ran a rear exit exhaust that had ovalized pipes for over 20000 miles. In all those miles I hit the exhaust 3 times, all at high speed under compression from a bad road surface. The only reason it was removed is because of how close the muffler was to the header. The muffler could not handle the flow from the Supercharger that was installed.
    It is fairly easy to adapt round tube to the oval shape you desire. The tubing used was set in a vise and slowly compressed one small section at a time until the shape was achieved.
    With a top on I never had fumes with a 7 inch Madstad. As soon as a 9 inch Madstad was installed I had fumes.

• That is what i just put on in preporation for the january arival of my ddm rotex. I love it ,but keep my foot in it (wife thinks its to loud) Maybe I should buy her ear plugs for christmas ?

• That is what i just put on in preporation for the january arival of my ddm rotex. I love it ,but keep my foot in it (wife thinks its to loud) Maybe I should buy her ear plugs for christmas ?

You will find that you don't have to keep your foot in it as long because you get to speed so much faster. :D

• As it stand the base height is barely enough, i live in a gated secret cult(lol) that has a speed bump at the entrance.

A rear exhaust is something that i would like to do if for nothing else than to reduce have the excess heat in the cabin but it can't be loud nor decrease my ground clearance.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• As it stand the base height is barely enough, i live in a gated secret cult(lol) that has a speed bump at the entrance.

A rear exhaust is something that i would like to do if for nothing else than to reduce have the excess heat in the cabin but it can't be loud nor decrease my ground clearance.

Removing the cat and running an aftermarket exhaust will remove most of the heat. If you plan on not getting boosted the Alpha variable is a great option.

Alpha side exhaust!!! :thumbsup:

• as of right now no plans on boosting. I have heard that the alpha are quite loud.

I just took the Alpha off I thought it was super loud I had to put a car chemistry baffle in it to make it just right I removed it to put a rear exhaust on my car that's my opinion. Now I just have to decide which 2.5 inch exhaust I'm going with

• @harleyujoe, I really like the side panels you added. They really smooth out the side of the Slingshot! The smooth side panels also would facilitate the use of a tonneau cover that would secure the cockpit and when used to cover just the passenger area, might actually keep a little heat in the cockpit, if you are lucky enough to have any heat in the cockpit area during colder weather.
    As far as avoiding exhaust smells, I think as long as a system is running w/o a cat, it is going to have exhaust smell as the burning of exhaust fumes the cat facilitates should eliminate most smells. A high-flow cat should minimize the impact of the cat's restrictions.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• as of right now no plans on boosting. I have heard that the alpha are quite loud.

Actually, the Alpha is quieter that the stock was. At least at idle and while driving conservatively.....(i think I may have done that once or twice, but I don't remember) :P , but mash down on the throttle and it wakes up. I've been told by others that I've passed that it scared the shit outta them as I flew by them. Sound might be a little louder for your significant other. Never really ridden as passenger, but my Wife doesn't complain other than the first couple of days she said she could smell the exhaust. I think it was just the smell of new exhaust. Since then, she's been fine..no complaints from her about smell.