Passanger seat slider

• Just want to add that, for the passenger, being able to adjust the recline of the seat back makes a pretty significant difference in comfort. I was never uncomfortable in the old seats, but sliding the seat one click forward, and reclining just a hair made all the difference in the world.

I owe a HUGE thank you to (in no particular order) @Painter, @lrobbi, @DKF Texas, @Shatneyman, @WOLF, @Tripod, @MiM, @av8ingtom, @Ross, @TheRock, and @Slingrazor. Your generosity knows no bounds. Merry Christmas everyone (or Happy Hanukkah / happy solstice /happy Saturday based on your particular preferences)!!!!

• Just want to add that, for the passenger, being able to adjust the recline of the seat back makes a pretty significant difference in comfort. I was never uncomfortable in the old seats, but sliding the seat one click forward, and reclining just a hair made all the difference in the world.

I owe a HUGE thank you to (in no particular order) @Painter, @lrobbi, @DKF Texas, @Shatneyman, @WOLF, @Tripod, @MiM, @av8ingtom, @Ross, @TheRock, and @Slingrazor. Your generosity knows no bounds. Merry Christmas everyone (or Happy Hanukkah / happy solstice /happy Saturday based on your particular preferences)!!!!

• WELL!!! After that excellent review I already have the appropriate fix. Mr. & Mrs. @V-SHOT sent my bride one of these for Xmas (many thanks)....

PROS
    Fits my wife's butt perfectly - she is now comfortable
    Bride can install causing reduced driver stress
    Can't beat the price
    Whine coming from passenger cockpit significantly reduced
    Easily adjustable and removable
    $300 extra for fine Kentucky bourbon and cigars

CONS
    I HAD TO TAKE IT OUTTA THE BOX!!!

:00008172:
    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL YOU GUYS

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• @KayTwo and @sideseatdriver keep at it! You are so right. For close to $300.00, you shouldn't have to modify anything!!!! As I read the advertisement again, I didn't see anything related to fitment for the SLR seats. I didn't think there was that much of a difference. But your modification should work just fine!!! :thumbup:

I finished my install a little bit ago. Like you said, with the PRP Gen II, there were no issues at all. Mrs. V-SHOT loves the new addition!! And THAT is what's most important.

Now it's time for a little ceremonial congratulatory celebration...

• Good write up and photos

• HOLY CRAP!!! I didn't know they made Pineapple Upside Down Cake ALREADY MIXED!! Imma headin to my liquor supplier and find out WTF why we don't have that delicacy here in the swamp - we always get stuff a year behind everybody else :(

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• HOLY CRAP!!! I didn't know they made Pineapple Upside Down Cake ALREADY MIXED!! Imma headin to my liquor supplier and find out WTF why we don't have that delicacy here in the swamp - we always get stuff a year behind everybody else :(

If I am mentally and physically capable to do so, I'll do a beverage install, provide a review, and post naughty pics afterwards!!!!! :00008172::00008356:

• Thanks for the post. We noticed that too on our demo install. However, we were able to install it without notching the seat base with a dremel. We applied pressure and once the threading started in simply pulled the seat into place. I've relayed this information to Madigan. Thanks for the sharing as always!

Our Collection:
    Rykers: 2019 Ryker 600 | 2019 Ryker 900 Rally
    Spyders: 2017 F3-S | 2018 RT Limited | 2019 F3 Limited
    Slingshots: 2015 Base | 2015 SL | 2016.5 SLE | 2018 SLR

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• Thanks for the post. We noticed that too on our demo install. However, we were able to install it without notching the seat base with a dremel. We applied pressure and once the threading started in simply pulled the seat into place. I've relayed this information to Madigan. Thanks for the sharing as always!

I was hoping I would be able to do that too, but as you can see from the "before" picture, I wasn't just a little off, I was significantly off to the point that I couldn't even line up the holes to start screwing the screws into get tension. I also thought about removing that bolt and flipping it upside down so it wasn't the nut that was in the way, but the head of the bolt, but that would not have made a difference. I'm pretty comfortable with what needed to be done, it just would have been nice not to have to do it. However, I think the effect of having a sliding seat is worth the little bit of extra work.