Insurance Coverage

• OK so I got a NON-RENEWAL letter from Progressive insurance about my Slingshot being switched from a motorcycle to a AUTO CYCLE classification in the state of NY......so I called and they are trying to tell me they are not covering the slingshot under the new classification any longer, WHAT DA FUC..............Who's thinks of this bullshyt......now I have to Oct 10 to find a new policy but yet they keep my harley on the policy.........what sense does that make .....

• OK so I got a NON-RENEWAL letter from Progressive insurance about my Slingshot being switched from a motorcycle to a AUTO CYCLE classification in the state of NY......so I called and they are trying to tell me they are not covering the slingshot under the new classification any longer, WHAT DA FUC..............Who's thinks of this bullshyt......now I have to Oct 10 to find a new policy but yet they keep my harley on the policy.........what sense does that make .....

Hmmmm. I have progressive and they insure my dling. Maybe only in NY?

Oh no! I went through this in NJ a few years back. I couldn't find anyone who would insure the slingshot under charging an outrageous cost. I forgot who I had at the time but I have Progressive now! It was difficult and stressful to say the least. Please keep informed! An expensive static display is not good.

• Having to go through this right now with Geico. They didn't give me a non-renewal, but they jacked the rates up so high it might as well have been an cancelation. (Due to 2 daughters having 3 accidents in last year - over $1200/month - ~$7K/6months.)

I was able to move the SS to SafeCo at 1/2 the original Geico price, and the rest (Truck, daughter cars, RV) to Progressive at the original Geico price. I haven't actually pulled the trigger on Progressive yet because my Geico policy doesn't run out until Oct.

• .....well I tried USAA (I'm a member) but no good, tried AARP (I'm a memeber) still no good, waiting for a quote from state farm & Nationwide for my harley & slingshot......left gieco ages ago......it seems progressive doesn't like that Grey area of an autocycle classification & some other insurance companies told me they will only do it under a motorcycle policy but NYSDMV would probably reject that so why bother trying.......I have to 10 Oct til my progressive expires, so I'll search some more......

Made some calls found out another slingshot owner got kicked off from progressive 6 months ago and another owner is coming up like mines , so it's EVERYONE, which at first I was like "what I do wrong" lol but now I'm in the same boat as alot of others......

• Had similar issue with Progressive, more about price than non-renewal maybe that's how they were telling me to move on.... either way SafeCo was way cheaper. Been moving stuff from USAA to SafeCo recently as well as prices are good. Who knows how claims will be but seems with all it's going to be a fight anyway :)

• I just checked our policy renewal for October with State Farm in Florida, going up $7 for 6 months to $158.84 for full coverage on a 2021 R model with$500 deductibles. Sorry to hear you are getting the runaround and extortion prices elsewhere.

• NJ has insurance issues, or I should say insurance companies have issues with NJ. I haven't had an accident since I moved to NJ some 14 years ago. From what I'm told all parties automatically file lawsuits and hash it out from there. A few years back State Farm pulled completely out of NJ (totally). They have returned but I believe they don't insure motorcycles or autocycles.

It may be NY only for some reason. I have Progressive on my slingshot and motorcycle due in October so if it applies to NJ I'll be expecting a letter very soon. I'll post when I hear anything.

By Federal law the Slingshot is a motorcycle... The auto cycle generally makes it so that you don't need a MC license to drive it. In Indiana the Slingshot is classified as a 'autocycle' for driving but is title, regestered & plated as a MC.

• ......I know some stupid bone head decided not to insure them In NY because of the classification but didn't realize in other states they are already insuring them under autocycle.........now it may take a few years and they'll be back to taking them again

Call Dan, Don't know if he can write in NY but it's worth a try. He has been doing a super job for lots of us across the country since the early days.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

dherrera@twfg.net