Wandering and Laser alignment

• After I wrecked mine the steering center was off and you could feel the electronic assist fight you. I had the machine aligned and still felt the assist was off center. I had to have a dealer re-center the assist. And the fight was over.

• yes sir - they even take it on the road - did mine at Booze and Blues

Did you do the steering wheel fix? I had mine done and it is nice and tight no tracking at all. I made the dealer laser align mine for free since you could never tell it was aligned properly with it tracking before.

• Did you do the steering wheel fix? I had mine done and it is nice and tight no tracking at all. I made the dealer laser align mine for free since you could never tell it was aligned properly with it tracking before.

yep got the steering fix as well

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• There are several things that can be done to help this problem out
    Laser alignment
    Polaris reflash of Ecu
    Polaris recalled steering pinch bolt ( this will be replaced with the other recall stuff)
    Yes we will be doing this next year at all the major Slingshot events.
    Make sure you book your time ahead of the events. This will guarantee you parts and time availability

• Does the laser alignment correct the left and right wondering or is the steering dead spot the culprit?
    What has been done, what have you done to correct this issue? Can it be totally corrected?

I had about half inch of play at the steering center on my 2015. Ended up having to pull the steering shaft to correct. The upper shaft slides over the lower shaft as a means of colapse in case something slower is in the way. If you look at the shaft near the floor board you will see a collar and an adjusting bolt. The bolt on mine was incredibly tight and didn't take up any slack between the two shafts. With the shaft carefully secured to prevent movement relative to the clock spring and sensor
    , unbolted and removed the shaft. Removed the adjust bolt and using a centering bit drilled a pilot hole in the upper shaft followed by a 6m hole. Then I tapped the new bore. Reassembled the two shaft pieces and reinstalled. Once bolted into place, I used a 20mm long flat bottom bolt with grease on the flat and adjusted until tight. The flat bottom bolt allows the inner shaft to move in a wreck. Once this was done, I've had no more dead spot issues. This info was given to me by lilb93 over on the other forum. He has a complete procedure written up. I have to assume that the new pointed bolt is meant to collapse the outer shaft enough to take up the slack between the shafts. As the upper shaft is 0.12 inches thick, its gonna take some real force to move.

• I had about half inch of play at the steering center on my 2015. Ended up having to pull the steering shaft to correct. The upper shaft slides over the lower shaft as a means of colapse in case something slower is in the way. If you look at the shaft near the floor board you will see a collar and an adjusting bolt. The bolt on mine was incredibly tight and didn't take up any slack between the two shafts. With the shaft carefully secured to prevent movement relative to the clock spring and sensor, unbolted and removed the shaft. Removed the adjust bolt and using a centering bit drilled a pilot hole in the upper shaft followed by a 6m hole. Then I tapped the new bore. Reassembled the two shaft pieces and reinstalled. Once bolted into place, I used a 20mm long flat bottom bolt with grease on the flat and adjusted until tight. The flat bottom bolt allows the inner shaft to move in a wreck. Once this was done, I've had no more dead spot issues. This info was given to me by lilb93 over on the other forum. He has a complete procedure written up. I have to assume that the new pointed bolt is meant to collapse the outer shaft enough to take up the slack between the shafts. As the upper shaft is 0.12 inches thick, its gonna take some real force to move.

They have a recall to address the steering issue, it is covered under warranty.

• Couldn't take the drifting and fixed it myself. The warranty repair appears to be a pointed pinch bolt to crush the outer shaft. Not very elegant but it is cheap. Did mine back at the begging og October when nobody was admitting a problem.
    My apologies, thr bolt is an m8 not 6.

• Couldn't take the drifting and fixed it myself. The warranty repair appears to be a pointed pinch bolt to crush the outer shaft. Not very elegant but it is cheap. Did mine back at the begging og October when nobody was admitting a problem.
    My apologies, thr bolt is an m8 not 6.

Thank you sir for thanking your time for the write up it's better to know the procedure and inspect it just to ensure it was done right.

• The dealer called wednesday and said my swingam was in, took in friday am and they did all the recalls, ( swingarm, fuel hose and clip, brake upgrade, steering pinch bolt ( took it out for a test run and said it still had a dead spot in the steering) they ordered a new steering rack for me ( won't be in till the 13th of Jan) I think when everything is fixed I'm going to have it laser aligned.