Throttle slow to come to idle at times

• I tried search forum first but may not be wording it correctly.
    Is there a solution for when you let off gas pedal that the engine will go right back to idle? Since new, there are times between shifts throttle does not come back down for a few seconds. Dealer told me that's the way it is, I was not fond of that answer...sometimes I'm still in gear and let off gas to slow down but SS still seems to be going on its own.. Thoughts? Thank you in advance!

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• This is a problem that has been around in some Slings for a while now. I believe what you are referring to is known as "rev hang". You can have your dealer reflash your ECU and it will correct problem - did on mine. Good Luck

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Won't that knock out my SC flash??
    I asked them before this and like I said, they tell me it's normal! I don't buy that but I also don't know how to fix it myself.

I asked them before this and like I said, they tell me it's normal! I don't buy that but I also don't know how to fix it myself.

JoeF, you are correct. I've tried explaining the English language to many people in the Polaris chain. The words "NORMAL" and "TYPICAL" are not the same. The rev hang is not normal, but it is something that Polair has decided to retain inside the ecu. Bob's tune (at least the last time I spoke to him about it) does not address this issue. While he has been able to "crack the ecu code", there are limitations to the parts he can access at this time. To get further into the other areas of the ecu (traction control, ABS, stability etc), Bob and his guys would have to do more "cracking" to reach past the next security level (again, as I understand it). I would say that there may not be a huge payback for people to have him spend hundreds of hours to reach that level, but I wouldn't want to speak for him in any way. I hope this helps. Oh, and yes, if your dealer reflashes your ecu, you would lose the tune you already have in there.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Yes it will knock out the SC tune. The ECU Bob put in has this in it. I just live with it because I don't want to mess with the tune.

• Bob has adapted all the Polaris fixes into his flashes. However the problem your referring to is something your going to have to live with... I hate it also.... On the road mine does it from time to time.. I have just gotten used to it... On the dyno it makes my skin crawl because it will hold the throttle open forever after the pull.

Ill give you a tiny tip that may help you one day... Wait till you start your Slingshot one day and it stumbles for a second and then races to the rev limiter...

If you hear it headed to the rev limiter just flip the key off and back on and it will settle down. You don't even have to let die... Just leave the key off long enough for it to idle down a bit and then flip it right back on...Some people have experienced it and some have not... Its not something that happens enough to be worried about it.. But just remember what I said if it does....

• First , thank you all for taking time to reply!!!!
    I have been living with it and appears I still will, that's ok, the reassurance others have this eases me. It's not a huge issue, I figured if there was a fix, I would find it here. I have learned already this forum is only one I need/ want to stay on. The answers I get and others leads me to be believe we have some dang smart people here. Glad I found this place! Joe

• Glad you posted this because mine just started doing this after I changed out the stock exhaust and thought that may have something to do with it. 5500 miles, CAI, Header, aftermarket exhaust-no cat started hanging up on occasion at about 1200 to 1500 rpm and not settling down to the normal 750 mark when I am coming to a stop.

• Glad you posted this because mine just started doing this after I changed out the stock exhaust and thought that may have something to do with it. 5500 miles, CAI, Header, aftermarket exhaust-no cat started hanging up on occasion at about 1200 to 1500 rpm and not settling down to the normal 750 mark when I am coming to a stop.

I wonder if it has anything to do with back pressure?

• Think there are two issues: 1. Engine just rev's up on its own, as Rab stated. This seemed to be discussed quiet a bit on the "other" forum and was somewhat fixed with a re-flash.
    2. When just idling 1200/1500 engine would hang up and not drop back to base idle. Also, when running around, sometimes not drop back to base idle when slowing down. If you did not let off gas during shifts rpm's would hang. I did have second issue with mine but rarely when I first got SS. Added CAI, 1320 header, and Trio exhaust. Sent ECM to Bob for upgrade and when it came back the "idle hang" showed up more. Driving across parking lots or just idling around would cause the rpm's to hang around 1200/1500 rpm's. Would hang at higher rpm's if shifting without letting completely off gas. Worse case was when it would not drop back to idle on downshifts or having to stop quickly. Called Bob and explained what was going on, said send back to him and he would work on. Bob re-did ECM and returned to me and I have only seen one or two idle hangs since that time, Apr. 2016. Bob knows what the issue is and has a tune that will work, at least in my case. He tried to explain it to me at SSITS but he's allot smarter than I am....